ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new uber camp automobile. MX-5 Project.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
f**king love it Seb! Agreed on the Red bonnet but it kinda works with the rear section.

Funny how any other car with a stupid spoiler gets the piss taken but this is fine?

Looks absolutely s**t imo. I would literally point and laugh if it drove past me.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Funny how any other car with a stupid spoiler gets the piss taken but this is fine?

Because most cars with wings like this haven't ticked all the other boxes first.

I personally love it.

That's f**king awesome. Don't remove the wing, it's hilarious, the finishing touch.

Are there any vids about of this? I really want to hear what sort of racket it makes.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
That's f**king awesome. Don't remove the wing, it's hilarious, the finishing touch.

Are there any vids about of this? I really want to hear what sort of racket it makes.

It's that loud that Seb finished work tonight and we were sat outside Starbucks and we heard his car being started not driving, just STARTED from the underground car park at his work!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
What exhaust is it? Mine has a straight through mx5 parts one and that's pretty loud.. so no idea what you have?!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Really don't understand all the love for the defuser & ridiculous spoiler but anyway......

Apart from the above, I love it. Stance is perfect.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Buddy club is even more stupid, somehow they made it louder than with no exhaust...

I'd rather have a decent looking and nice sound, than a chavspec all noise.

Homo spec mazda
Seeing as I hadn't updates this in agessss i thought i'd take a quick couple of pictures detailing what's been done recently, a lot is marmite, heck i hate some of the things ive done, but that's life and everything is changeable.

First off a photo from a few days ago
7485694216_f9d82e6462_b.jpg

So a few months back I bought a fibreglass bonnet of unknown origin, it came off a very dark purple/ black car and as such has stayed that colour, I do want to paint it but the whole car wants painting so its an as and when thing.
IMG_1412 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr
7537376138_eb0e666a0e.jpg

IMG_1413 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

7537382996_51d072dba4.jpg

IMG_1414 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr
Slight issue with it is that when you wash the car or it rains water falls through the front vent onto the belts which means when you start it you get an epic squeal.

Obviously the wheels have been painted gloss black, kind of miss the blue but makes sense that they went black and it just is more in fitting with the colour scheme.
7537400006_56bcbd2b00.jpg

IMG_1422 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

7537406344_908357083b.jpg

IMG_1424 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

The other addition was an FD RX7 diffuser which used to have carbon endplates but they have since been removed which makes the back end look neater and less like a fat kid with his head stuck in a happy meal box.
7537414008_6c6784b062.jpg

IMG_1430 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

7537420482_49154023a6.jpg

IMG_1434 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

7537427766_6e72969958.jpg

IMG_1435 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

Also a Eunos rear panel was fitted which massively improves the backend, it was originally silver and scuffed so for the sake of colour matching I felt it easier to just spray it satin black.
Also some fresh rear rubber, first time ive bought brand new since owning the car.
7537435576_b8617a1459.jpg

IMG_1437 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

7537445842_33263dc10e.jpg

IMG_1438 by Automotive-alliance, on Flickr

Loved some of the comments on Facebook the other day when japspeed threw a picture of this up.

Love it mate, cracking work!

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
If I could have a car exactly like this, I would. without a doubt! Round here it might get a lot of laughs/abuse but it'd just be pure lolz. Love it.

Homo spec mazda
If I could have a car exactly like this, I would. without a doubt! Round here it might get a lot of laughs/abuse but it'd just be pure lolz. Love it.

It gets lots of abuse/laughs here as well, but its not a car to be taken seriously, for people who haven't seen anything of the sort before its a massive shock, people will take pictures, clap, wave allsorts. Its just fun.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
ITs absolutely amazing, thats what it is.

if I wasn't old and a Dad, this is what i'd drive!!

Surely you're close enough to midlife crisis to get away with it? Not to mention you manage to embarrass the Mrs and Kids all the time anyway this would be a minor indiscretion ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I don't think i'm quite old enough to pull off a mid life crisis just yet.

Besides, i'm saving that for a 3 door Sierra Cosworth.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, that looks ridiculous but for that very reason I love it!

Having heard it at the Chester meet aswell I doubt it has any trouble turning heads lol!

I'll see you at castle coombe when you've got a beard paired with a cardigan and anorak and have spent the entire time polishing all the chrome dress up bits in the engine bay ;)