ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Numberplate

Liquid Yellow 182
How do speed cameras read your numberplate? Mine isn't spaced correctly (see avatar) and I've been flashed three times and not received any penalty...

Have I just been lucky, or is it possible that they cannot read the plate properly?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Could be both, but I don't think they are all fully automated. I think I'd rather have a fine for no number plate / bad spacing than a speeding fine + points anyday!

keep doing it!! lol

that way if you never get caught we can all get plates like that, that cant be read ;)

if you do get caught, then all i can say is sorry, my bad :)

Liquid Yellow 182
Jonas7 said:
keep doing it!! lol

that way if you never get caught we can all get plates like that, that cant be read ;)

if you do get caught, then all i can say is sorry, my bad :)

No I'm scared!! If I do accidentally get flashed again I'll let you know and see what happens... and blame you aswell! :)

But yeah, I'd rather get fine for bad plate than points on licence. And I've only ever had one copper say it's spaced incorrectly, didn't report it or anything though. Been pulled a couple more times and they haven't even mentioned it.

LadySarah said:
No I'm scared!! If I do accidentally get flashed again I'll let you know and see what happens... and blame you aswell! :)

But yeah, I'd rather get fine for bad plate than points on licence. And I've only ever had one copper say it's spaced incorrectly, didn't report it or anything though. Been pulled a couple more times and they haven't even mentioned it.

yeah, i dont really want the blame, id feel bad :eek:

the numbers are different to standard number plates ones arent they, so maybe thats the reason? maybe your just lucky, although you would think that being flashed 3 times, at least once you would have got a letter through the post!?

Liquid Yellow 182
Jonas7 said:
yeah, i dont really want the blame, id feel bad :eek:

the numbers are different to standard number plates ones arent they, so maybe thats the reason? maybe your just lucky, although you would think that being flashed 3 times, at least once you would have got a letter through the post!?

Yeah I thought the fact the numbers are different, well mainly the 9, could be the reason... don't know really. But it is a bit surprising that I could be that lucky to not receive anything three times...

MikeDX said:
Won't work for us, we dont have boobies.

Lol! Make the most of what you've got I say! :D

Golf GTI 1.8T
anyone that knows how number plates work, could read that and work out what it is. iirc speed cameras are manually checked aswell to confirm the speed and registration to the dvla car details. so your jusy lucky.

ST
Expect 6 points on dropping through your door in the very near future, i just rang my mate who is a traffic cop to check your plate....he says your on the system.

Last edited:
  UR 197, AB 182 FF
Alan said:
Expect 6 points on dropping through your door in the very near future, i just rang my mate who is a traffic cop to check your plate....he says your on the sytem.

:quiet:

Talk about spoiling a surprise!

Liquid Yellow 182
Alan said:
Expect 6 points on dropping through your door in the very near future, i just rang my mate who is a traffic cop to check your plate....he says your on the system.

On the system?

ST
LadySarah said:
On the system?

Yep there is a system thats used all over the uk...all the information for driving offences and speeding is kept on it so most of the police personel in the uk can access it at anytime to check peoples licences when they pull them over or if you have to produce your documents at the police station.

Liquid Yellow 182
Right, so obviously I would be on the system because I've been pulled a few times and they've checked the plate then to confirm it's not been stolen etc...

But why the 6 points?

ST
Theres only 6 showing as one of the times the camera might not have had any film in it or that...

Liquid Yellow 182
Alan said:
Theres only 6 showing as one of the times the camera might not have had any film in it or that...

So you're saying that my file on the system your copper mate's looked at says i've got six points coming my way? :dapprove:

It was well over a month ago I got flashed last...

tiTTy & SV650
own3d.jpg

ST
LadySarah said:
So you're saying that my file on the system your copper mate's looked at says i've got six points coming my way? :dapprove:

It was well over a month ago I got flashed last...

Some people belive in the 2 week rule....sometimes they can take longer to come through...

al

ST on the way...
Apparently they're checked automatically first but are ALL checked by hand before fixed penaltys are issued. If no fine is received within 14 days, you're away! ;)

Liquid Yellow 182
al said:
Apparently they're checked automatically first but are ALL checked by hand before fixed penaltys are issued. If no fine is received within 14 days, you're away! ;)

Ok, well hopefully I'm safe for the times I have been flashed then, seeing as it's been so long... But if they are all checked by hand then my plate isn't the reason I haven't been caught and I've just been lucky.

I am beginning to worry a bit now though...:dapprove:

Bumblebee
al said:

incorrect, all they have to prove is that a notice of intended prosecution is sent within 14 days

Bumblebee
Alan said:
John aka the traffic cop everybody ^^

miss you xx

its b****cks tho as all they have to prove that they sent it through royal mail. So if royal mail lose it then you end up in court:S

Liquid Yellow 182
John185k said:
its b****cks tho as all they have to prove that they sent it through royal mail. So if royal mail lose it then you end up in court:S

Is it true that they are supposed to send it recorded delivery, but don't because of the costs involved?