ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Peugoet 208 GTI by P.S.

It's basically a 2016 GTi-6.

On that basis, i love it (although some of the styling is pretty questionable).

Yeah pretty much tbh!

27741935190_05fac7cdf7_c.jpg
Peugeot 208 GTI By Peugeot Sport
by Matthew Evans, on Flickr

Obligatory nice location photo, had a few others but not come out great - rushed it just on the way home from work ... :)

Still not sure on the front end, but I don't have to look at it so that's no problem.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
TBH the 208 is an awkward looking car from most angles. Has some nice details, love the way the wheels looked in your first post, and the Peugeot Sport logo on the C pillar. It's got the kit you'd want though! I'd want to track it, but probably wouldn't on a lease.

TBH the 208 is an awkward looking car from most angles. Has some nice details, love the way the wheels looked in your first post, and the Peugeot Sport logo on the C pillar. It's got the kit you'd want though! I'd want to track it, but probably wouldn't on a lease.

Yeah agreed, the rear is much better - didn't have time to get any shots though!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Do you ever take aerial shots?

When my Focus arrives I'm going to just say f**k it and buy a Phantom just so I can take some swanky air pictures and video.

Do you ever take aerial shots?

When my Focus arrives I'm going to just say f**k it and buy a Phantom just so I can take some swanky air pictures and video.

Not even thought to!

I've got a quad that's ideal for video (like a Phantom), but I haven't flown it since I built it back in December - not had chance with all the racing lol!

That's a great idea though, I'll try and get something sorted over the next few weeks >:)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just a Canon 550D with stock 18-55mm lens :smile:

I don't have any fancy lenses apart from an 11-15mm, but no good for this :smile:

Looks good mate I am impressed :tonguewink:

Did they offer you a price to buy the golf ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Liking that a lot... If I could find a good deal now I'd be trying to convince the gf to get one.

Washed it today to put a bit of protection on - Hydro 2 - found some neat little things in the bodywork most have not noticed - I'll get some pics tomorrow as I forgot to day.

One annoying thing - the horn is f**king pathetic. I got cut up earlier and used it for the first time, I may as well have just driven into a hedge, sounded f**king embarrassing. Safe to say the car gave no f***s for cutting me up.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Get a train horn fitted

I had a stebel on my Williams, they bloody knew about that!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Washed it today to put a bit of protection on - Hydro 2 - found some neat little things in the bodywork most have not noticed - I'll get some pics tomorrow as I forgot to day.

One annoying thing - the horn is f**king pathetic. I got cut up earlier and used it for the first time, I may as well have just driven into a hedge, sounded f**king embarrassing. Safe to say the car gave no f***s for cutting me up.

Had the headlamps on yet? I have Osrams ready as apparently it's poor in the headlamp department

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
I had a 208 courtesy car the other year, I couldn't get used to the tiny steering wheel, it was ridiculous.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just joined the PS club :D

Mine says hi,

SAM_1733_zpshcdixsnw.jpg

182 CUP
Just read this thread and I am a bit gutted, it looks great. Finally sold my 182 cup and had wanted the ps 208 when i first saw the bargain deals . The problem was i didnt have to cash for the 1st payment until i sold the clio, so I have missed the boat, best price i can find is £177+vat and £1k down, rubbish. Going to look at a polo gti, although it doesn't really float my boat.

For those that have received theirs already. How did the delivery date work? Mine is due for delivery on the 8th, does that mean delivery to the dealer or to my home? Lease company aren't great with their communications!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgnOhQ2h.jpg

Up to just over 1800 miles on it already lol (oops), averaging around 38mpg which is pretty nice! It was around 25mpg in the Golf so a good saving!

On a run I get around 40, hammering it around 28 ish. Lowest I can make it go is around 9, so 3 more than the Golf which was around 6mpg on full chat!

Still loving it, super comfy, you can really feel the LSD compared to the Clio it just kind of pulls you in the corner. It does have a slight tendency to spin in 2nd/3rd if you gun it and the turbo is still spooled up (when you hit max rpm in 1st/2nd), but easily managed with throttle control (and its for like .2 of a second).

As for delivery, they rang me up to arrange it so when it's at the dealers expect a call from the lease company. I must admit the lease company SUCK ASS at replying to emails. I sent maybe 5 out asking when first payment was due, no reply to any of them. It was only when I got the letter from the actual finance company (Alphabet, part of BMW), that I knew. In terms of deals, £177/m is still pretty good if its ok mileage - when you consider what it rivals (the Fiesta ST) - that is more money for less "stuff".

When was the first payment due, out of interest? I also haven't heard back from them on that either. On the day of delivery?

Swift Sport
I've always liked the look of sporty Peugeot's, so if this is as good as it looks you're onto a winner IMO.

When was the first payment due, out of interest? I also haven't heard back from them on that either. On the day of delivery?

3 weeks after delivery mine was taken out, but it was meant to be taken out 2 weeks after (as per the invoice I got) lol!

That's nice but I'm not sure on the black arches and skirts thing... is that new for the facelift?

That's why I went with white, looks awkward on the other colours and the red + orange are both too dark to be nice :(

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice!!!!
I prefer the looks of the fiestas (biased :wink:) but the fact this comes with an LSD and 210hp makes me want one of these.

Looks great in white
I'm sure you agree though, it's no golf though :cool:

@Steve @Addicted

How are you guys getting along with these? Still liking them?

Yep still great, up to near 6k miles already no issues so far!

I do miss DSG still from a laziness perspective, but for the money I really can't complain. Averaging 35.2mpg across my whole mileage so far, so at least 10 above the Golf, so for something with 50% more mpg, less than 50% of the cost, and still fun - entirely worth :)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Yes, as above for the money nothing comes close.
Like the fact they are rare & not shouty.
Getting a Pheastant dent removed tomorrow, apart from that it has been excellent.