ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my Ph1

197 ff albi
firstly this is not gonna be an epic track car project like a lot of the ph1 on here, its a daily with the intention of a few trackdays, ive had the car since April last year haven't really done much to it, I bought it with weitec coilovers,ktec front brace, ktec carbon engine cover,cone filter, pro-speed cat back and decat and a 280mm momo team steering wheel.

Photo0226_001.gif

Photo882M_001-1.jpg

first up was to change that filter back to a standard item, wot a difference, sounded more racey than the roar altho the roar was amazing there was no more flat spot,

then the gearbox and shafts went, tamping! so new gearbox and shafts from renault:

P0812_05-10-09.jpg

in went the shiny new gearbox, all was dandy.

my mate (ash172 on here i think) was part exing his clio which just so happened to be same colour as mine so we swapped mirrors so he could get a good price for it, this wasn't an issue as since i've had the car ive always had the intention of having the wheels, mirrors and the purchase of some ph2 bits sprayed and fitted. so the temporary lime green mirrors:

P1010751.jpg

i did a photoshop when i first had the car as to how i'd like it to look:

psrscliocopy-1.jpg

so...

i decided after seeing my mate's (b33fy123) ph2 side strips that i wanted a set, so purchased some off here and some bullets. Then dropped car off monday night and then got it back yesterday evening, took a pic on my mums lumix this morning well happy with the finish:

P1010769.jpg

current plans for the car before show season and the 'proper' summer comes in

*FK hubcentric spacers 25mm front
*FK hubcentric spacers 15mm rear
*KTEC brake setup (brembo max disks,ferodo ds2500s, braided lines,dot51 fluid)
*ph2 tailgate or smooth badge holes on mine and then get stickers or new renault sport badge for the back
* LED rear lights like BREMBO's old rep
*wind down the coilies
*spray inside of lights matt black

comments welcome!

Titanium 182
I can't believe you bought a brand new gearbox from Renault though ?

How much was that ?!?

197 ff albi
thanks for all the comments, well chuffed

I can't believe you bought a brand new gearbox from Renault though ?

How much was that ?!?

i bought recon'd one from renault cost £1000 then got £180 back for my old one in exchange

AGH the sl*g
^^^^^ :eek: i wouldnt dare, it would of been far cheaper getting your old box preffesionaly rebuilt.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Tidy motor alright and that gearbox :eek: but hey u know u dont have some second hand thing that could go at any moment.

197 ff albi
^^^^^ :eek: i wouldnt dare, it would of been far cheaper getting your old box preffesionaly rebuilt.

my dad helped me pay for the car in the first place and he said he wouldn't let me put a 2nd hand gearbox in, my gearbox had a big hole in it, i did look into it but the casing was ruined

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i had a near scare in my last ph1 which was also black actually, with the gearbox. something to do with the diff threatened to go at 73k but kept goin strong til i sold it at 105k! hope the next guy had no bother!

197 ff albi
i changed the shafts hoping the gearbox would hold out, but i took it out the day i had it back from shafts and actually for a change was very weary and drove very steadily up to 70 on dual carriageway and PING! headed back home with smoke billowing out of sides of the car as the gearbox oil was pissing onto the very hot exhaust/manifold lol