ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ph2 172

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
Picked her up a week ago saturday and have had a very enjoyable week driving round, covered about 700 miles so far, but finally got round to washing her Sunday so got some pics up.

Before the wash:
DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

After a wash:
DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0140-1.jpg

DSCF0141-1.jpg

As you my be able to spot in a few of the front end pics, the front lower grille had a hole cut out of it on the passenger side by a previous owner for a CAF I assume. So ordered a ZunSport mesh grille last week as well as some new front fog lights as the passenger one was cracked and the drivers one was letting in moisture and steaming up.

So attacked the bumper today and got those all fitted, didnt get any during pictures, but here's a few after pics:

DSCF0142-1.jpg

DSCF0143-1.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
funny you should mention that Big Iain, its my old car, got a few bits to do to it ( power steering pump, alternator and to put standard engine mounts back on) before i sell it.

3 are perfect and 1 has kerbing around the rim, all four have Toyo T1-Rs on 195/40/16s with good tread left on them. If i can pick up a set of cheap decent standard wheels then I'll sell the Turinis seperate, uless you have some to part ex?

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
Oh and don't forget 106s are 4x108 ET15 so not the same as a clio incase your hoping for them to go on a clio which is 4x100 et 35-42 (not sure if thats the correct offset but thats what i've read for the clios)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Looking good bud!

Have you kept your old lower grill? hopefully get my CAF fitted this weekend!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
More pics of said doorstep mum?
Mesh is a no no from me on any car.

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
lmao gally, cheeky. Na sorry al it uses the old grille to loop onto for the original fixings to the front bumper, so i cut the plastic mesh out of theold grille, and hooked the old one over and secured it.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
ahhh i see no probs mate! will just have to chop up mine for the caf! haha

I was going to pop up the twins yesterday but wasn't sure if anyone was going to be there so I didnt! lol

You going to be there next weekend? will pop up if so!

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
yea we were all there Al thats where i fitted te grille and fogs, and also have my pioneer headunit in now so can hear the sub properly with the better output lol. yea will probably be there next weekend too lol, i am most weekends

J03

MX5 1.8
grill looks rank on that black one... spray it black or change it back to the old one, looks MILES better, very nice car btw.

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
lol i quite like it, the old one had a hole in it from where a previous owner had a CAF i assume, so it needed changing.

J03

MX5 1.8
just ruins the whole stealthy look you have on the front of that car.. makes it look like it has braces imo lol if you like it then keep it that way pal :)

edit: the photoshop? what silver or black?

yeah black ok lol didnt read your full post

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
hmm might have to order those upper ones and then get out the wire wool and paint lol, i'm liking the stealthy look of the black mesh

J03

MX5 1.8
once you go black you can never go back.. whats what ive learnt... lol
does looks suprisingly good... nice to see a 172 trying out different things

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
guna order a cup splitter too, a carbon version me thinks lol, and maybethe fog light surrounds, anyone able to photoshop them in please before i order onto the pic with both mesh grilles in black?

Thanks J03, yea i quite like it the way it is, but i want to add my own little subtle touches too it but not the same as everyone else, not saying they're all wrong lol, i just like to be different

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
right ok you've convinced me lol, just going to order the upper mesh, splitter and fog surrounds now

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
spend spend spend! lol

I'm pretty much skint now, and I still need to get spacers, xenons, and alloys! think I'm going to have to save for the next few months to get all of that,lol!

RX7, Yaris T-Sport
my original plan was to buy the car and not anything for it so i could save up for the expensive parts but looks like the saving is getting delayed lol

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
haha yeah same here pretty much! I was origionaly just going to get a cheap little car and save untill I could get a better car with a bigger engine, but all I've done since i've got it is spend my wages every week on it! lol