ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My phone has broken twice in 10 days.. what action can i take?

G51 BEN
i bought a new LG phone just over a month ago on contract, and about 10 days ago a few of the buttons stopped working (2,6,*,cancel and call)

so understandably i took it back to where i got it from at Phones 4 U, and they said they could send it back to be fixed. In the meantime they said there was nothing they can do in the way of a replacement, but i said its ok as i have a spare crappy nokia which i just put the sim card in.

I picked the phone back up from Phones 4 U about 2 days ago with the problem all sorted, and received a report saying it was all fixed - Great!

so today i am texting and i noticed that the buttons stopped working again! exactly the same buttons!

I am going back in tomorrow to complain, but im not paying for a phone which i cant use! what if the same problem happens again? can i ask to cancel my contract? or can i ask for them to give me a new handset? how many times will the phone have to break before i take the situation further?

the first time - fair enough its a fault which has been fixed. But ive now barely had the phone for 2 days and its happened again! :mad: Argh this really annoys me... sorry for the massive post guys

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You could probably cancel it all together, you'd probably be within your rights to.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I had a problem a few years ago when I had my N80 on contract with o2. Took it back twice with the same fault (supposedly fixed) & then I got another new phone. Hopefully you should get another phone.

Also most people aren't aware that the handset is under warranty for the life of the contract and not just the standard 12 months.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Phones 4 U aint crap,if you havnt used them why slate them ?

anywayz i havnt had any problems whats so ever with them, but just for my piece of mind, i took out the insurance as i use my phone when im out on the Mtb.

did you take out the insurance by anychance? if so call them, theyl come and do a straigh swap for your old 1,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
if found them better than vodafone tbh, as i dont use alot of my minutes the price comes down a lot, so for 600min unlimted txts, suppose to be £35 in total, i pay just over £22 a month, and im always using between 1500-2200 txt a month

Yeah I got my current phone from phones4u, and they fucked up my contract. Wouldn't go there again, luckily 02 sorted it for me.

MK2 Clio 172 with Re
Yeah I got my current phone from phones4u, and they f**ked up my contract. Wouldn't go there again, luckily 02 sorted it for me.

Im with O2 aswell and they are the best iv ever been on. Was on vodafone for a while but they are so stupid so cancelled and went with O2. :)

Phoens 4 u are knobs!

I had the same problem with my Sony c902, took it back and they said they'd have to send it away, after 20 days getting it.

I said bulls**t to them, as you have have a right to take anything back for a replacement after 28days!

So eventally got a new handset, when i say new, they said it was new.

I didnt think it was, ended up having the same problem in which the phone was freezing etc. took it back, they didnt want to know. I asked them for my phone insurance information as i was going to get a new one that way.

w**kers wouldnt give me it. So i cancelled the phone insurance

ended up i googled it and seen that the c902 needs a firewire update, updated and has been fine.

But ive just bought a iPhone so i think that i'll take the Sony back into them and throw it at the fcukers!

Just to add;

My 1st contract was with them, so when it was up i wanted a new phone so i went back and said what good deal can you give me as a upgrade, they told me that the best deals they can do is with a new contract as o2's renewals are crap.

So had to take out a new contract and get my number transferred etc, a lot of hassle.

Then O2 rang me and asked why i didnt contact them for upgrades, and when i told them what they had said, the o2 lady said thats rubbish as Phones 4 u dont have access to what they can offer as a upgrade.

Turned out O2 could have upgraded me with more minutes & texts for 15 quid cheaper than the new contract from Phones 4U!

Comission robbing f***s!!

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
2386543667_2a07e9179d_o.jpg

G51 BEN
haha. so i am within my rights to kick off if they just try and send it off again with no replacement? this is taking the mic!!!

G51 BEN
well it was fine within the first 28 days. im not f**king paying for a phone that keeps breaking!

tiTTy & SV650
o2 replaced an old Motorola Razr V3 for me because the time to repair was set to take longer than their policy said was acceptable.

tiTTy & SV650
haha. so i am within my rights to kick off if they just try and send it off again with no replacement? this is taking the mic!!!

The phone warranty is with the manufacturer, you don't have to go through phones 4 U - try contacting the manufacturer or ask Carphone Warehouse or similar what is acceptable, they'll love slating phones 4 U probably

Mini Cooper S sport
Phones4U are sheeeYITE. I hate the Carphone Wh0rehouse as well, they operate the same way.

I just buy direct from O2.