ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Poo whipp. Subtle was the idea

clio 1.2 16v express
Riding bikes has been my passion for the last 2-3 years. But car drivers try and kill you on a daily basis whilst on bikes so, if you can't beat them, join them. So bought myself a 1.2 16v clio in monaco blue
IMG_20130925_113730_zps9ea03aa8.jpg
. My 1st car, yeeeey.
The car was 100℅ standard when purchased for £300 with no m.o.t or tax. Yes i'm a cheap bast*rd.
Being a backyard diy guy, I fixed what was needed for the m.o.t, which was worn tyres, faded brake pads, horn not working, airbag light didnt turn off.
Tyres i fixed that by visiting my local sc'rap yards to source some wheels & tyres. I found some 16" 10 spoke alloys i believe were from a humble renault scenic 2003 model with more or less perfect tyres. Never be seen riding on steelies!

Tinted the back lights with simple tint spray. Pleasè dont start commenting about being pulled over as I have left the reflector part of the light alone so no problems there. The light is still as bright as standard too :)

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20130925_113853_zpsebc6cab9.jpg

The idea was to keep this subtle but being a 1st car, all my teenage fantasies of a full on barrymods contender were starting to creep in. If you notice i've painted the bumper strip black instead of the horrible grey it came with.
Anyway started by cleaning the engine a little bit

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20130925_122541_zps7153c5e1.jpg

I appologise for the multiple posts but using a tablet which isnt very good at copying and pasting links.

clio 1.2 16v express
The front door speakers were well....crap so new fusion in there plus some on the back parcel shelf which I fabric dyed blue. Needs more bye I think.

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20130928_153837_zpsc94b1039.jpg

Was getting ready to fit sound deadening sheets but they didnt turn up. Bloody royal mail eyy, or was it ebay sellers fault, hmmm.
Whilst door cards off, sanded them down, masked off a few areas, primered, paint and clear coat

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20130928_143506_zps3094fc27.jpg

Painted the drums and brake calipers but run out of the overpriced heat resistant paint before doing the much need extra coat of paint. Oh yeahI painted the wheels satin black when I got them. Better than the silver look i think.

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20130929_181245_zpsd98f4318.jpg

Excuse the mess in the car. I do not currently drive it as am still awaiting my test date. Yup, i'm 25 with no car licence, shamefull!

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131005_175733_zps843f18dd.jpg

Replaced standard filter with a cheap cone filter. Left the airbox on without an inside filter as the air is allready filtered......right.
Was going to diy a intake system with silicone hoses etc but the 1.2 engine has a rectangular style airbox fitting so need more research on what to do there. Not spending £80 on a k&n item. cold air pipes from grill needs to be fitted as the . The current setup will allow hot air to be sucked in the inlet. Warm air has less oxygen, which decreases the explosion the spark/fuel mixture is meant to do. So cold air needs to be forced in to make my setup work well and not just drink too much fuel.

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143453_zps655f1637.jpg

Need some bass in the trunk, so a nice jbl amp was on order with twin 12" subs. The setup is pushing 1000watts rms and it gets the whole car vibrating. Yes the girlfriend loves it !

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143428_zps4ba8ad12.jpg

The led's need sorting. Need a video to show how everything vibrates when I got the stereo turned up. this should be a basejunkie is born

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_124442_zpsdc42f5b3.jpg

Was looking for a sport 1*2 spoiler or cup spoiler but they are waaaaay overpriced. So got on ebay and got a complete kombat evolution bodykit.
Front bumper, rear bumper, sideskirts and spoiler all for £100. I am also going to smooth the original front bumper for a summer facelift. But for now, its getting the full old skool bodykit treatment.
PLEASE dont comment about getting a sport front bumper. I dont want my clio to look like a 1*2. Everyone does that and its kinda boring. I like my plough bumper lol.

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143511_zps0c080975.jpg

Will be smoothing the original bumper and refitting when the novelty of the bodykit wears off. Only wanted the spoiler really.

clio 1.2 16v express
Oh dear. It went downhill after cleaning the engine bay.

Same thing my Grandad said. The man always right but its my 1st car so taking all my bodykit and ice fetishes out of the way before I can afford insuarance on a bigger better car.

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143557_zps18a04266.jpg

Connected waterproof led's to the door open switches so when any door is open the boot and under the car light up. Christmas coming up i should fit in well lol.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I don't get why you've done most of the things you have. But that's up to you. At 25, I'd much rather be running around in something much smarter than a 'bad boi' Clio. But, whatever floats your boat I guess...

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143702_zpsa52ad2b0.jpg

Some blue led's in the interior light and painted the light cover thingy in,....well blue offcourse.

clio 1.2 16v express
I don't get why you've done most of the things you have. But that's up to you. much rather be running around in something much smarter than a 'bad boi' Clio. But, whatever floats your boat I guess...

I am hoping to use this little car for a couple months till i've got my passpluss and have a friendlier insurer. I know what you mean, I do feel too old for the car but will soon have something better and rear wheel drive.
Of forgot to mention i have 1.6 clio petrol engine I would love to fit in but being advised against it. I always do engine transplants on bikes so wanted to carry my crazy methods over to cars.