ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Poo whipp. Subtle was the idea

clio 1.2 16v express
IMG_20131128_143623_zps930365e1.jpg

Seat covers in as i'm saving up for some recaro bucket seats. I want the car to have a total of four bucket seats. All individual seats.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I am hoping to use this little car for a couple months till i've got my passpluss and have a friendlier insurer. I know what you mean, I do feel too old for the car but will soon have something better and rear wheel drive.
Of forgot to mention i have 1.6 clio petrol engine I would love to fit in but being advised against it. I always do engine transplants on bikes so wanted to carry my crazy methods over to cars.

I did my pass plus when back in 2007. I'm yet to see the financial benefit. Jus' sayin'.

Also, seems like a massive amount of work just for a few months use.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You're 25 but seem to be creating a 17 year olds car. Stop it!

clio 1.2 16v express
Are the door cards just spray painted? look nice
Wow thanks. 1st compliment lol.
Took the door cards off, sanded them down with wet and dry whilst spraying a degreaser cleaner on them, washed them clean, primered, painted then clear coated. Can be done in a day but makes a huge difference to the boring budget hatchback interior.

clio 1.2 16v express
BonnetI need to explain somethstripes I done using black vinyl. Also fitted a sunstrip. Headlights are tinted with the ILLEGAL 100w bulbs. Need new legal 65w bulbs as I thought the tint would tone the light down but has made no difference. Headlights need redoing though, or might get some angel eye effect ones.
IMG_20131129_132628_zpsd4d6956d.jpg

Think i need to explain something. Always wanted a kitted car since I wss about 10. Just fullfilling my childhood fantasies lol as I know my next car will be a lot lot more subtle. Street sleeper. Was going to make this really subtle just clean it up but would rather clean up a supra etc.
Anyway coilovers hopefully getting ordered next week' but i am also thinking of an airbag setup from a citroen. Just an idea for now but i can make anything happen if i want it to.
Build cost so far including car is only £478. Like i said before, i'm a cheap bast*rd' always on ebay and searching through scrapyards. Also have a lot of free time so the work i'm putting into it is more a hobby than work.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I just implore you to stand back and look at the front of that car. Just study it for a few minutes.

Then come back and tell me it looks good. That bumper is a joke, it doesn't even line up with the bonnet! And those lights are pure tack.

I'm honestly trying to steer you in the right direction - I won't be driving it so personally don't give a s**t what it looks like but I'm only thinking what other people will think.

Had any of your mates seen it? what do they think about it?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just look at how much better that 206 is behind!

And it's a 206!

clio 1.2 16v express
Im confused.
Your car got tasteful, then has gone the opposite direction now.

Please re-think that "bad-boy" body kit.
I know, not 100% in love with it so changes still on the cards. Might change the front bumper but kinda like the sideskirts.
Hmmmm, will see.

clio 1.2 16v express
[QUOTE
IMG_20131130_143634_zpsaaa778f6.jpg
az.;9993219]Just look at how much better that 206 is behind!

And it's a 206![/QUOTE]
Thats not a 206 . Some estate thingy.
Anyway

clio 1.2 16v express
I just implore you to stand back and look at the front of that car. Just study it for a few minutes.

Then come back anD me it looks good. That bumper is a joke, it doesn't even line up with the bonnet! And those lights are pure tack.

I'm honestly trying to steer you in the right direction - I won't be driving it so personally don't give a s**t what it looks like but I'm only thinking what other people will think.

Had any of your mates seen it? what do they think about it?
I see what you mean, constructive criticism like that is much appreciated. Mates dont say nothing as i've always got mad looking vehicles. I wont even dare show you my previous projects' lol.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
In all fairness to the guy. If I had money to burn I'd probably do something like this just for sh*ts and giggles.

Clio 182
I absolutely hate this car, but when I was 18 I was all over this stuff with my first car and would have been your best friend.
so crack on and do it whilst you enjoy it and take plenty of pics because in ten years time you will look back and think wtf was I thinking but for now your having fun and that's what life's about.

clio 1.2 16v express
[QUOTE
IMG_20131211_134654_zps6819f724.jpg
=danward;9993303]I like your rear wiper "delete" just leaving a hole for the weather to get in haha![/QUOTE]
I've got duck tape covering the hole right now till I fabricate a bung or fill the whole with fibreglass and filler.
My last post people, am on the wrong forum.
Started trying to colour match the car to the kit. Might do a full wrap on the weekend for a matt blue look. Or might just keep trying with the colour match then clear coat .In the end everything will be colour coded to a blue and black theme.
Adios.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
My last post people, am on the wrong forum.

Your not going to get much different anywhere else mate. People can understand why your doing it, it's just a very outdated way of modifying a car these days. It looks like something I would have done on NFS:Underground.

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I like the effort your putting into your car! I certianly think that it's a tad too much though, just not quite my can of special brew

At the end of the day you modify a car for yourself and it doesn't matter what other people think, so if this is what you want to do then you go for it mate :) I think the door cards look great!

I'm a bit lost for words. Your 25? Jesus... But i guess each to their own taste. If you like it great but you may be the only one who does.

RB Clio 182
Do you need a pair of your username?

Only joking mate, i know people that go for the rat look.

Did you spray the bumper yourself?

10. Please refrain from making excessive negative comments. As the saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it". You are welcome to say you do not like the look of something but not post spiteful or hurtful comments. Breaking this rule will result in a minor infraction (1 point).

clio 1.2 16v express
Do need a pair of your usernme?

Only joking mate, i know people that go for the rat look.

Did you spray the bumper yourself?
Yeah I need new specs lol, mine are ariund 12 months overdue.
The bumper aint sprayed properly yet, just trying to grt the right shade s I mix the paint myself.
When I get the correct shade tge kit will be sprayed properly.
Excuse my spelling and grammar, using a tablet which is a nightmare to use on forums.
Am getting confused to what Im doing with the car because the reaction its getting is worse than I expected. I new it wouldnt be liked much but not at this level of dislike. Might spend tomorrow smoothing my original bumbers. Especially front bumper.
I dont know, just deflated a bit I guess.