ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Red 1.2 Mk3

MK3 1.2
Not much happened really, Ive washed it a few times and i have fitted my 197 Grill which i bought for £28 and i must say it changes the whole front end. Little mod, big difference.

2pr92sg.jpg
[/IMG]

Ain't took any close up pictures with it on but went to RAF Cosford yesterday and had to take a cheeky snap of the car whilst qeueing for 2 hours to get out :boring:

21b106c.jpg
[/IMG]

Im thinking about getting 45mm springs instead of AP Coilovers as saving for holiday is getting in the way of saving for coilys

Not much happened really, Ive washed it a few times and i have fitted my 197 Grill which i bought for £28 and i must say it changes the whole front end. Little mod, big difference.

2pr92sg.jpg
[/IMG]

Im thinking about getting 45mm springs instead of AP Coilovers as saving for holiday is getting in the way of saving for coilys

That isnt the sport grill mate its the FK grill ive got the same one

Renault Clio Mk3 1.2
Can you post pics with the springs fitted, if you ended up getting them? Wanna see how much lower it looks as I have the exact same car - mk3 freeway, no electric windows :(. Don't particularly wanna spend so much on coilovers.

MK3 1.2
Can you post pics with the springs fitted, if you ended up getting them? Wanna see how much lower it looks as I have the exact same car - mk3 freeway, no electric windows :(. Don't particularly wanna spend so much on coilovers.

Im saving for coilys mate and I the none electric windows doesn't bother me tbh. The car is lowered on 30mm atm

MK3 1.2
Not a lot happened recently as I am saving for coilovers, but today I got a new head unit off my mate for quite cheap and fitted it quite quickly and took a picture. Also 2 weeks ago I put my CS sticker and tax disc holder in.

142x0jn.jpg
[/IMG]
14ca8ic.jpg
[/IMG]
301ke9k.jpg
[/IMG]

I am doing cheap mods at the moment as I really want the coilys so I think I may be buying some Carbon Vinyl wrap to do the interior and as my centre caps are carbon it will go nicely :)
Any suggestions or constructive criticism is welcome :D

Renault Clio MK3
Nice project here.... I've got a 1.2 clio tomtom and by the sounds of it I don't live far from you as I'm right next to Kford tyres...

I'll probably see you around!

MK3 1.2
Nice project here.... I've got a 1.2 clio tomtom and by the sounds of it I don't live far from you as I'm right next to Kford tyres...

I'll probably see you around!

Im from Netherton, closest I go to Kford is the Maccies mate as I missus works part time there.

MK3 1.2
Not a lot going on recently due to paying for a holiday and doing other activities so I still don't have my coilovers :(

Having black plastic bump strips was really annoying me though so I gave SprayShack a ring and they are incredible there!! Massive thanks to Simon

So I got them colour coded and got them back last sunday and fitted them straight away and then cleaned the car straight after. Great improvement I think!

2uf55kw.jpg
[/IMG]

Before:
51ra69.jpg
[/IMG]

After:[
IMG]
294s9hx.jpg
[/IMG]

1z35tf6.jpg
[/IMG]

MK3 1.2
Well, its been a long time since Ive been on here!! Not much has happened to the car, I have kept it clean and also added coilovers. The coilovers have been on since the end of November and do need adjusting, but ive been very busy so haven't had chance. Im going to put the back ones on just the spring I think as they are already slammed fully but still too high if you understand me, then im also going to adjust the front so its at its lowest and then ill see how it looks.

Whilst fitting my coilovers in November I noticed my passenger side top mount had a screw snapped in the hole so ive had to replace the whole top mount. I also replaced my droplinks as the old ones were battered. So my suspension is now in tip top condition and im really enjoying driving the car.

I also replaced my 195/40/16 tyres with 195/45/16's just for a bit more comfort and better looks.

Here is a couple of pictures

al2e5u.jpg
[/IMG]

v4cro4.jpg
[/IMG]

MK3 1.2
That sits pretty nicely. Top colour too, be sure to keep on top of that.

Im gonna go a little lower I think. And the colour isn't that bad to keep really but then again I do clean in on every dry weekend.