ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Renault Purchase Story so far......

Clio Trophy #123

Where shall we start?

From the beginning always helps so here we go.:(

As a long time subscriber to EVO magazine, I hope that I am fairly genned up on me cars. Afterall, I bought a 172, then a 172 CUP on their recomendation. The reviews were spot on IMOA

So EVO proclaimed the clio 182 as the "Best hot hatch ever" so that was my next purchase (OK I did not jump in straight away but have got around to it eventually! lol)

Anyway, I did a bit of Internet searching (as you do) and found an offer on a 182 with metallic paint and Both CUP packs for £11,995! After printing off this BARGAIN I took the bit of A4 down to my local Reg Vardy dealer to see what could be done.

Met a sales guy called Adam, mid 20s, seemed to be into cars, chatted, got on with him and told him what I needed to pay off the 172 CUP and that I needed to pay £11,995 for MY deal to work.

I was obviously (in their eyes) trying to have all me eggs in one basket!
LOL I KNEW THAT!

They came back (after 1/2 an hour) with an offer of my car + £1500 squid and they could then do it......

I told them + 1K was the limit (knowing this was still a good deal) and.........I got away with it.! WOOT \o/

Colour wise, I was between Arctic Blue and Black gold but eventually decided on an artic blue jobby (black is quite hi fi cleaning) and was told delivery would be 6 weeks.

Fair doos.

So "job done" I thought.

Two days later I got a call from Adam @ Reggie (Kray) Vardy, telling me that if I would consider a BLACK GOLD model, I could get it in 2 weeks instead of 6.

I had a think and, Yes, Black was really what I wanted afterall so agreed.

Getting bored typing now (and assume you lot are bored reading so, I will cut short)

The Black clio, had a recall with the wiper motor (along with 600 others - anyone?)

I went in to sign a number plate transfer form and met a bog eyed b**ch from hell who was intent on me smacking her (im sure).

I resisted (not sure why now) but a complaint was sent to renault UK. Everyone I have spoke to at the branch hates her with a passion.. and after my meeting with her, my 6 YEAR DAUGHTER commented, "she was a horrible woman daddy" as I/we STORMED out of the automatic doors.

2 Weeks had passed with no news then I got call frrom my "NEW and Improved" contect!

He knew nothing about me getting the Black clio! (still on the system as blue and 4 weeks delivery)

I said I had been dealing with Adam and another guy Peter...."They are no longer with the company", he told me!!!! (now I wonder why?????)

I had phoned Adam / Peter SEVERAL times to get my new Reg so I could sort out me insurance... to no avail....

ANYWAY....

My new guy has now found my car (was in Leeds) but will be in the Darlington brranch tomorrow.

And he actually phoned me tonight at 8 o clock to give me my new reg. number (had went into work on his day off to sort out problems)

At last a decent Renault bloke. Still do not have me car but he says he has it in hand.

As a loyall customer, I am going to try for the front Recaros as a gesture!!!

I know I can spout off on here like this as you are all folks like me.

Well I hope you all are..

If not call me a winging cnut!!! LOL

Shhh

well done, but reg vardy are crap, and they know it after i rang head off complaining about the car i have.

Personally id sell the 182 and buy a BMW or something

Clio Trophy #123

I aint even got it yet! LOL

But any hassle with it and it shall be driven (immediatly) through their front (fook off) window!!!!!!

;)

Clio Trophy #123

Quote: Originally posted by Lee182 on 06 April 2005

As a loyall customer, I am going to try for the front Recaros as a gesture!!!
I have that in mind. ;)