ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RT spits flames on std zorst + decat!

Fit my new decat this weekend, and after letting the exhaust paste harden, began to gradually wind the revs up a bit - cant belive what a diffenece it has made to the sound!

Its a standard exhaust system just with an aftermarket backbox (fitted by prevous owner), which before now made a crap droning sound, after putting the decat on though, it sounds amazing, its developed this dirty great big rasp at 3k and just sounds generally roarty right throughout the rev range.

To put the icing on the cake - despite it being a standard system barring the decat and the backbox (there is still a silencer behind the decat), it now spits flames!! It always pops and burbles whenever you let off after revving it hard past 3k, and after a bit of sustained driving, i turned off the main road and floored it to about 3.5k in 3rd, let off the gas completely and my mate who was following behind started flashing like mad - he told me later i had spat out a dirty great flame! Result. Finally my clio does something i actually want it to do!

Appologies for length, width and duration.

colt mirage..valver soon!
lol that isnt something you want it to do! that means your fuel isnt burning at right mixture (14.7 - 1). get it looked at mate;)

lol at this thread. it's also useless without a video!!!!

Thats why i didnt post it in the media section, and whats wrong with being happy about the fact my car gives the odd flame on the overrun?

Hopefully vids to follow. I have an in-car video where you can hear it popping a bit, but the sound is odd and really bassy.