ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver 1.2 Clio Expression

pasamuje.jpg

These baby's :)

Sucess! I've finally finished installing the LED strips (maybe not fully but they turn on now!) - I only had to change one aspect of the install and that was to not make my LED switch actually light up as i didn't realise that it'd be on constantly if the switch was set to 'on' - So instead of letting it drain my battery (I know it's a tiny LED but i'm still paranoid about the battery running out!)
So my LED switch is just a normal switch but the ability is there if i want it in the future :)
So the only bit which is holding me back from saying that they're fully installed is the fact that I have no idea where/ how to mount the LEDs in the rear footwells! So I'll have to get around to figuring that one out! But for now the front ones are perfect and the rear ones turn on but aren't mounted!
Photos to follow...

Great in theory but how do you actually get them to stick - I tried 'No More Nails' which was supposed to be instant - I left it for about 3 hiurs and it was still wet :( I may try silicone sealant but if that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas :L

So, I have finally completed the footwell LED install 100% to my satisfaction! It took forever but it's all done! I'll definitely pop some pictures up soon so you guys can see! - Thank you very much everyone for all of your help with the install, it is very much appreciated!
I've also just done some late night/ early morning shopping just now and ordered some SilverVisions for my front and rear indicators, some CREE reversing lights and an LED number plate light! Cannot wait to get them all put in the car and that'll be all of my lighting sorted!

I also wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on CREE sidelights, the ones I've got at the moment are LEDs and they really don't seem that bright at all - What does everyone else use? Would CREE 501s make a big difference or is there better out there? Cheers

Right, little project update:
After the bank holiday weekend two of my recent orders have arrived! One being a bee-sting aerial and the other being a replacement hazard warning switch as mine decided to break! Now for photos...

The old aerial:
9yqa4e4a.jpg

The new one:
yrunyvy9.jpg

There's a huge difference in the size! It's mental! I think it looks okay though, although reception is absolutely crap, could anyone reccomend a good quality bee-sting?

The new hazard switch, nothing special but I thought I'd take a photo!
e2yrebat.jpg

And then onto some photos of the finished install of my foot well LEDs! I took these photos last night, nothing special but you can see how bright they are! So happy!
ypade9ag.jpg

meneda9e.jpg

And the my makeshift switch panel! I know it doesn't look beautiful but you're not really going to see it!
gyseba7u.jpg

y4e9u4yv.jpg

Another little update! After matt911 mentioned it a while ago I've been meaning to remove the stickers from my windows! Shame I forgot about the 'before' photos but here are some pictures of some clear windows anyway!
rehysuma.jpg

e5uha9u5.jpg

u3eqady6.jpg

Also, a quick one - I used WD40 to remove the remains of the stickers and I noticed something on the window seal bits so I sprayed it with some WD40 and wiped it and then loads of 'black' came off - Is that good or bad?!
4e4ymeny.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Did you remove the bumper to do so?

I helped him do it and no, we didn't remove the front bumper. It's really easy to do without having to remove the bumper. The grill is only held in by a series of clips so you can get it off and a new one on in about 5/10 minutes.

Looks a lot better.

Next I would do the following:

Put autoglym bumper gel or something similar on it to darken it etc
Do a headlight restoration on those to get rid of that fog appearing on them
Get silver vision indicators in
Get come colour coded wing mirrors too.

Looks a lot better.

Next I would do the following:

Put autoglym bumper gel or something similar on it to darken it etc
Do a headlight restoration on those to get rid of that fog appearing on them
Get silver vision indicators in
Get come colour coded wing mirrors too.

Yeah, definitely going to get around to darkening it but that's low on my priorities tbh :)
I've got a restoration kit already somI'll be doing that at some point in the future but again it's not too high on my priorities :)
I've got some silvervisions on their way in the post ;)
And yeah, definitely want to colour code the wing mirrors, she looks a bit like a hippo atm :L I'm hopefully going to colour code everything at once if I can, just need to find someone local to do it for me! :)