ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My trip to K-Tec today (Dyno result)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
No worries Ali, I didn't think you were the type to point the finger but there are others on here that are. ;)

It seems to be an industry norm that the Dyno Dynamics dynoes do under read. Our dyno was previosuly owned by Paul at RS Tuning and I know he gets similar figure on his new 4wd DD.

David.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Some good replies to questions Ktec/David.

Shame with some of these threads they are always ripped into.

How much difference is the car now driving Xell?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sounds about right standard, we had 2 standard 197's making low 180's at our RR a few months ago, it seems the more power Renault quote on Clios the further they are away from that figure.

Im no expert but 80% RH? Slightly high? I had my car mapped on one of the stuffiest/hottest days of the year and the RH was only 31%! From what I was aware putting in a high RH makes the rollers compensate and gives higher figures!

Excuse my ignorance if i'm not correct, if them figures are right then the OP must feel a massive difference!

Nick

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Not that I know anything about Rolling roads- but RH has nowt to do with temps its to do with the moisture content in the air-
81% means the air was well saturated-
31% means you had dry air--- if it was hot then it most certainly came from the South East- high RH leavels in the UK come from the west & more especially the SW

S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No worries Ali, I didn't think you were the type to point the finger but there are others on here that are. ;)

It seems to be an industry norm that the Dyno Dynamics dynoes do under read. Our dyno was previosuly owned by Paul at RS Tuning and I know he gets similar figure on his new 4wd DD.

David.

Oh course. I'm the biggest RR cynic about. Don't believe in them. It's willy waving pub talk. I think over 4 roads i've used there was 13bhp diff between them. Not the greatest. However your point Re. using the same road and seeing before and after is extremely valid.

Using the same RR is going to get you the most accurate figures.

The best way is to drive it before. Then drive it afterwards. No doubt a bit of paper helps that placebo but if they're happy, it's all good in the hood.

Would be interesting to get a standard car, tell someone you'd modded it, give them a bit of paper that says they've got 25BHP more and let them drive it and see if they tell you it's faster..

Clio 1970000000
Would be interesting to get a standard car, tell someone you'd modded it, give them a bit of paper that says they've got 25BHP more and let them drive it and see if they tell you it's faster..

You've hit the nail on the head Revels.

David - bloody good price for the 200 remap - any chance of a similar price for us megane owners??? Its a long way to you from Cardiff so would make it that much more worth while - PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE

Ali - ill keep using my iphone to work out my bhp then if rolling roads are as good as you say lol - One plus point you have to agree (as long as its done without cheating) is that if you are doing before and after runs on the same rolling road its worth doing - may not be worth worrying about the specific figures you get but any gains are going to be realistic and I know I would be pleased if I could see any proof of the gains after spending a chunk of cash

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Yep 99% is approx the bhp from PS reading, Greeny is well off the mark!

I am suprised by the original low reading and would expect high ambient air temp and humidity to be one of the factors in the low results, the 200 usually seems to make nearer quoted power than previous Clio incarnations!

At the end there appear to be good back-to-back gains, so forget the willy whanging and the numbers - It's the happy customer that counts! :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Can you please keep that matter of Jons car off of the forums, this applies to all people involved in arguing it over on here. Ktec, if you could please stop bringing up the business dealings and financial matters surrounding this aswell, it is not relevant at all to any thread on Cliosport and serves no purpose at all as Jon is no longer using the forums. Thanks

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
After speaking to Xell, I've got my 197 booked in for next week now - can't wait!

As with the general consensus in this thread, I'm not too fussed out power figures. What I'm looking forward to is seeing the gains the map has made and then the differences made to the driveability.

At £250 you can't go wrong really either!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
After speaking to Xell, I've got my 197 booked in for next week now - can't wait!

As with the general consensus in this thread, I'm not too fussed out power figures. What I'm looking forward to is seeing the gains the map has made and then the differences made to the driveability.

Hope to see you next week.

David.

williams and trophy

as any tuner worth their salt will tell you...minimal gains to be had if the cars standard. would be better off with other mods fitted before a re-map.

HBT 172 Cup
Ktec..

"Stage 1 Tuning can be acheived in our workshop within a 2 hour window and customers will receive before and after power run dyno print outs. Do not confuse this product with a generic remap as offered by many chip tuning outlets. Each map is tailored to your vehicle specification to ensure the best results are acheived."

WHy are you saying they are not generic maps? ...because they obviously arent fully tailored remaps, little missleasing imo.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
So can companies now map 197/200 without them losing the map after a few weeks?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?498173-Renault-ECU-Theory&highlight=fuel+trim+settings

Sorry for the late reply to this one Gaz-Kev, we have not experienced the reverting of the maps that some have. We do not use the same programming equipment, this may or may not be the reason for it, but on the cars we have done the maps remain as we programmed them. As with anything we offer, we have tried and tested it, over quite some period of time on our own car and certainly long enough for the normal "reverting" period.

Sean.

Last edited:

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Ktec..

"Stage 1 Tuning can be acheived in our workshop within a 2 hour window and customers will receive before and after power run dyno print outs. Do not confuse this product with a generic remap as offered by many chip tuning outlets. Each map is tailored to your vehicle specification to ensure the best results are acheived."

WHy are you saying they are not generic maps? ...because they obviously arent fully tailored remaps, little missleasing imo.

Because they are not a generic map. Each car is different whether that be a different version of software on the standard ecu, running different fuel, running other tuning parts etc. so the maps we install have to be tailored to the specific car to get the best gains. By doing it this way we are getting better gains than we have seen elsewhere.

A recent car we had in had a remap carried out by another well respected company and we were able to improve the driveability and gain a further 7bhp by tailoring a map to the car and the custmer went a way more than happy with the results.

We have also had a map on our 197 for a few months now and it certainly has not reverted to the original settings.

David.

ETA. Sorry for two replies, I did not see Sean had also replied.

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
as any tuner worth their salt will tell you...minimal gains to be had if the cars standard. would be better off with other mods fitted before a re-map.

Xell seems more than happy with his though. There are a lot of driveability issues with the 197/200, especially compared to the 182 which I've owned previously.

In any case my R27 isn't standard ;)

ITB BG 182

You should have your very own tuning company offering similar products and packages, maybe you could make millions and show everyone else how it is done. Well considering you know so much that is.

williams and trophy
id be mowed out mate....a job done properly is what customers like....halfwits use the other tuners ;)

williams and trophy
wonder how long before that 1 gets deleted..........lol

Last edited by a moderator:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I always say if the car reads high the rollers are broke, if the car reads low the cars broke.

Ive since learned from reading these threads, if the drives good, then who cares what it makes?

williams and trophy
You'd have no business fella

because by the time people realise who they need to go to they'd of already lost faith in the market

lol....and the tuners everyone on here raves about have been good??? i think not.

most people go to tuners cos they cant do stuff themselves. most tuners are good salesmen.......mass produced quick in/out jobs pay the wages, and for mass advertisement......the guys that dont advertise are ALWAYS getting the better results.

theres people that know what they are doing...and those that need to believe a tuner has made an improvement cos its cost them an arm and a leg for minimal gain.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
This is a reply I have put in another thread:

We too expected less than the 16bhp from the remap and filter.

This is why we do not use the 16bhp gain graph on our website, the listing on our site states expected gains of 7-10 bhp.

As we have already stated, we did not expect a gain of this size on the 200. To think this is achievable on every 197 and 200 would be completely unrealistic.

David.

We have not come on here shouting about the gains that were made or claiming it will be the same on every 197/200. As seems to be the way, some people have jumped to conclusions and others have followed suit. Luckily there are many out there who do not take note of these incorrect assumptions and it seems the more "haters" there are on Cliosport the busier we get. So thanks guys, you know who you are ;)

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
spending an arm and a leg with you, ones not going to join the "haters" (code name for unsatisfied customer) because they feel like it. It's due to deciding to take the car to a qualified engine calibrator because it still wasn't running right.

In other words,

...If you say so lol.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Sorry Michael but will not be drawn into this again, everyone seems to have read your build thread and come to their own conclusions, or at least that is what they have told us when they have brought theirs cars to us.

The funny thing is that we have never dealt with most of the "haters", it is part part of the way the internet works. Unfortunately you can't please all the people all the time, but we certainly try.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.