ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Trophy

182 Trophy
Hi guys,

Thought I'd put up some pictures of my recent purchase

I have some plans in the pipeline, nothing too serious, which I'll update from time to time.

For now,

dbd85243.jpg

50738-106

2139615d.jpg

06ad79fb.jpg

3d3faa6b.jpg

Tow eye is now black, getting the rear diamond to match the front. Fog lights are being taken out (as the nearside is broken) to be used as brake cooling ducts.

New rear bench, remap and exhaust to come.

Cadwell Park on the 20th Jan.

Cheers,

James.

Attachments

• dbd85243.jpg
    dbd85243.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
  182 Trophy
Should also add, picked up some front camber bolts, going in for 4wheel alignment next week.

Probably aim for -2 at the front, unsure atm on the rear.

182 Trophy
Thanks caps.

Keith, yes it is my friend. Just toying with some colour themes - I'm not 100% sure anthracite is dark enough, but I'll mull it over for a week or two. I'm going to get the bullets done to match once I'm happy. Thinking red with dark font, or vice versa.

182 Trophy
Just having two new tyres fitted as I type. Normally I'd go for F1's but to keep the purists happy I went along with PS3's.

Car had a full service just before Christmas;

Gulf Competition 5w-40 racing engine oil
NGK Spark Plug PFR6E-10
K&N High Flow Replacement Air Filter
Gulf Competition RF1000 racing brake fluid-1000ml
Ferodo DS2500's
Brembo HC front brake discs

Motul Inugel Expert Coolant and..
Motul 'Mocool' Coolant additive for Road & Track
Motul Motylgear 75w-80 Gearbox Oil x 1litre

Fitted some new Bosch aerotwin wiper blades.
Ostram indicator bulbs - didn't realise they were blue/multicoloured. Will replace these with some silvervisions shortly.

182 Trophy
Also gave the car a mini detail over the holidays..

376507_10150430468897310_501857309_8398575_1611566529_n.jpg

Washed
Clayed
DAS machine polished (just a light cut)
Lime Prime Lite
DAS Autoglym SRP
Two coats of FK1000p

Dressed the engine-bay and plastics with aerospace 303.

Polished the manifold too.

Alloys need a refurb so didn't bother with them.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks caps.

Keith, yes it is my friend. Just toying with some colour themes - I'm not 100% sure anthracite is dark enough, but I'll mull it over for a week or two. I'm going to get the bullets done to match once I'm happy. Thinking red with dark font, or vice versa.

Looks good, toyed with idea before but wanted to do all the shinny silver (badges, center caps etc) so decided against it. Pics up please when you've done bullets

182 Trophy
Thanks for the comments, guys :)

Just booked the car in for some lovin' @ TDF. See what magic Matt can work.

182 Trophy
Swapped the rear bench for the ph2 half leather seats last night. Looks much better.

Read a few horror stories on here before attempting it, but it was a 10mins job. Central bolt came out with no problem, using just a cordless drill.

Car's going in for 4wheel alignment today. Want it set for track, but its my dailey driver at the moment and I drive a lot of b-roads. It already wonders quite a lot, so I'll probably have to suck it and see. Might require going back a couple of times to find a good compromise.

Pics to come.

182 Trophy
Been a busy weekend for the Trophy. Over two days, 730miles including nearly 100miles around Cadwell Park. A trip to Cambridge and on-route a sneaky bit of loving from Matt at TDF.

The misses and I, and the other half.
403582_10151182473850713_681200712_22406865_1135749280_n.jpg

Big 'o action.
409545_10150536827207310_501857309_8761474_723734167_n.jpg

Custom remap.. <3 TDF.
394826_10151178694460713_681200712_22390268_58204810_n.jpg

Impressed with the results. Just about +10lb/ft torque @ 4800rpm which gets rid of the flat spot between gears. Car pulls much nicer now, the 5k kick is a little less noticeable, but it pulls better through the whole range and the limiter has been taken to 7499rpm in every gear.

It did make 181bhp, but because I can't guarantee being able to always run it on 99ron, we settled for 178.7 and it should work on 95ron if needed.

Really good time on track. Pretty wet which made it 'interesting'.

Had a good play with a Clio 200 racer, really impressed with how the Trophy stuck with it.

Raged at some tw*t in an evo, all the gear, no idea. Up his arse the whole lap, on the straights he would pull over to let me past, whilst on full boost. Nice one..

2mins 8seconds
4mins 30seconds
6mins 45seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZaAmHDDDg&t=2m5s

Cheers,

James.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Where it should be :) Awesome photos, looks so much fun.

Always get people like person in the Evo who think they're clever booting it down straights then pussy footing around corners, usually try to come in and let him **** fight other people lol.

182 Trophy
Leeroybrown - yeah mate, car has standard running gear. I'm looking to get the dampers refurbed and de-pinned at some point soon. Might also swap the springs for some mark fish items. Needs to be a little lower tbh.

Keith - cheers fella. It was pretty slippy, but hugely fun! Earlier in the day following the same evo, he lost it though hill bends and took out the flexi markers. I had a good smile at his expense.

Will - certainly did. Even the misses loved it. Had one quite big sideways moment coming out of mansfield - but managed to recover it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love that for some starnge reason, makes me want one :/ !!!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its a good thing!! Sometimes wish I could find a super low mileage one!

Titanium 182
Leeroybrown - yeah mate, car has standard running gear. I'm looking to get the dampers refurbed and de-pinned at some point soon. Might also swap the springs for some mark fish items. Needs to be a little lower tbh.

Keith - cheers fella. It was pretty slippy, but hugely fun! Earlier in the day following the same evo, he lost it though hill bends and took out the flexi markers. I had a good smile at his expense.

Will - certainly did. Even the misses loved it. Had one quite big sideways moment coming out of mansfield - but managed to recover it.

Been in a standard trophy and the handling was epic

However I have within the last week A trophy with the Mark Fish springs, depin’d, camber realigned to 2 degrees I think and Koni rear dampers, the ride is now firm but comfortable. However the main difference is like night and day.

Its razor sharp pal, pure epic

182 Trophy
Been in a standard trophy and the handling was epic

However I have within the last week A trophy with the Mark Fish springs, depin’d, camber realigned to 2 degrees I think and Koni rear dampers, the ride is now firm but comfortable. However the main difference is like night and day.

Its razor sharp pal, pure epic

This is good to know :)

Sorry I should add I'm running -2 camber upfront with 0.05 toe each side, much improved.

182 Trophy
Well a few weeks ago Ruth and I went for a run with the Lotus boys from South Wales.

My dads mate recently swapped his Elise in for an Evora, and my dad joined in his 968.

Nice run to Mid Wales including some great roads.

Let the pictures do the talking..

c86f0f58.jpg

fca1146d.jpg

7ec36b1e.jpg

274192ee.jpg

62248339.jpg

6f2e1764.jpg

ebb11489.jpg

48d38a33.jpg

854e19aa.jpg

dc420d4a.jpg

deb583cb.jpg