ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

Clio 172
I should really. I might buy one the stainless bling kits they do too.

Personally, i would give the inlet manifold and the charger pipe a coat of satin black paint and just clean the plastics up. Its a cheaper alternative to the over priced bling kits and transforms the engine bay.

This one has had a few other things deleted but if you leave the top cover on and clean it up, it would look just as tidy!

file.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Infact, just ordered one of these stainless bolt dress up kits -

$T2eC16J,!)QE9s3HEEghBRZWiWbB2Q~~60_58.jpg

Should look better as half of mine are missing..lol. Then I'll just give the rest a good clean. As you can probably tell im not massively bothered.

Clio 172
Stainless bolt kit is all I would be tempted by! :clap: Doesnt take much to just clean it up and you would be surprised the effect it will have when resale comes around. Touches like that show you have cared for the car enough to even change the little bolts and people will be willing to pay more of a premium for a well looked after model! :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to hit you up for that ride along soon!

Do's it mate..
Stainless bolt kit is all I would be tempted by! :clap: Doesnt take much to just clean it up and you would be surprised the effect it will have when resale comes around. Touches like that show you have cared for the car enough to even change the little bolts and people will be willing to pay more of a premium for a well looked after model! :)

Yeah it'd be cleaned before I sold it. As for being looked after they'd only have to look at my worryingly large pile of invoice.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust got postponed to next week. :(

On the plus side the car is going for some Lawro love Saturday. Its first proper clean..lol

Oh and my engine bay dress up bolts etc have arrived. :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looking forward to getting my hands on this, I know it's going to increase my jealousy though! Lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to getting my hands on this, I know it's going to increase my jealousy though! Lol

haha I doubt you'd be jealous mate.

Glad it's finally getting a decent going over!!!

Yep its needed. Comes up well after a polish special so should be good to see if with some wax on.

Don't think I'll get time to fit this lot before though..:(

IMG_20140327_121537_zpss0bfyckh.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I simply cannot believe the difference Lawro has made by cleaning this for me. Looks like a different car and chuffed to bits with his work. Boys got skills.

Need to get some pics but a quick phone pic from a chedder gorge drive this morning..

IMG_20140330_123453_zpsapq8snt6.jpg

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
So you got Lawro to clean it and then straight away parked it on the gravel at Cheddar? You sir are very brave ;)

If it's anything like his usual standards though, it'll be bloody immaculate. As you say, boy got skills!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So you got Lawro to clean it and then straight away parked it on the gravel at Cheddar? You sir are very brave ;)

If it's anything like his usual standards though, it'll be bloody immaculate. As you say, boy got skills!

Lol It stayed clean don't you worry. It still is now..;)

Oh and finally got some more ZZ5's for the front to match the rears. Yay no more ditch finders.

13577150895_2848410d6f.png

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Avon's only make good track rubber imo! I had them on the old 172 many moons ago...They were frightening!!

I've always liked the 240 TT. Looks good.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think the old ZZ3's are great to be fair but these ZZ5's I rate. Certainly in the dry anyway. Quite quick wearing though.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep on the mini cooper S I did the box the other week, god that was a frightening testdrive lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Maybe I'm getting mixed up then lol Thought they were ZZ5s but I suppose they could be probably ZV5s

Clio 172
I guess it depends what you need your tyres to do...I ran ZV5s on the TT 225 and had no issues in the wet or dry or even the snow for that matter. They were good levels of performance in all conditions for a sub £110 a corner tyre! I rate them more than the Toyo junk that is fitted to my clio at the moment, zero wet performance what so ever!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I guess it depends what you need your tyres to do...I ran ZV5s on the TT 225 and had no issues in the wet or dry or even the snow for that matter. They were good levels of performance in all conditions for a sub £110 a corner tyre! I rate them more than the Toyo junk that is fitted to my clio at the moment, zero wet performance what so ever!

That's the thing with faux x four..I can get the power down with my fine "Auto grips" I have on the front. I did have 4 budgets at one point and it still seemed "ok". After putting the ZZ5's on the rear you notice a huge difference. Understeers even more now..lol! I didn't find the ZV5's too great on the BMW tbh.

Anyway, tyres will be on tonight. Plus 4 matching tyres makes me happy.

E92 325D
I certainly need to paint my inlet and charge pipe black, ruins the bay...

13576372774_255e356522.jpg

Loving the TT mate. The interior is mega.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I might do mine in wrinkle black. Just a pain in the ass removing everything to do it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
New tyres were put on Wednesday and I simply cannot believe the difference. Well, I can as it had ditch finders on but the car drives so much better. Handles better, less road noise. Annoyed I left it this long tbh.

Autogrips donated to my mate with a 540 drifter which will be killed this weekend at Westonzoyland.

1911894_10152077521710000_1743764946_n.jpg

Keep toying the idea of selling it but I have a condition where as just when I get a car to where Im happy I feel compelled to get another car to waste money on..lol! We'll see. A mate has made me a good offer, Im just need to figure what I'd happily replace it with. I'll prob end up keeping it from a quick look around.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
The fact that your looking sounds like your not totally in love with it ?

Alan

New tyres were put on Wednesday and I simply cannot believe the difference. Well, I can as it had ditch finders on but the car drives so much better. Handles better, less road noise. Annoyed I left it this long tbh.

Autogrips donated to my mate with a 540 drifter which will be killed this weekend at Westonzoyland.

1911894_10152077521710000_1743764946_n.jpg

Keep toying the idea of selling it but I have a condition where as just when I get a car to where Im happy I feel compelled to get another car to waste money on..lol! We'll see. A mate has made me a good offer, Im just need to figure what I'd happily replace it with. I'll prob end up keeping it from a quick look around.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The fact that your looking sounds like your not totally in love with it ?

Alan

I don't think I ever have loved a car. Well, not enough to keep them over a year. Im 29 and I've had 22 or more cars..lol

The TT is great and would take something I really want to replace it tbh.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Still looks clean(ish) too! Filter me up.

13843210645_9d4f3a89a4.png

Oh and had the aircon recharged on Friday. Alright, stop, collaborate and listen.