ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My UR 200 after 18 months of ownership

Thought it was about time I got some pics up of how the 200 looks after a year and a half of owning it, so gave it a good clean today and popped along to the same spot I took its first pictures in and snapped a few.

Pics were taken on my Iphone 4S so excuse them being a bit s**t, these are the best of a bad bunch!

How it looked the day I bought it:

Photo0457.jpg

How it looks now:

005.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

A poor attempt at an arty farty shot:

033.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

Bits that have been done to date:

Wheels refurbed in gloss black to match the other black bits, the standard anthracite looked a little out of place IMO
Projector headlights with 6000K HIDs
Private plate transferred over
Black cup spoiler
Centre box cut out and replaced with a straight section, gives it a nice bit of rasp, also makes it pop/crackle when going for it.

Thanks for looking. Comments and criticism welcome.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hid's are perfectly fine in Projector lamp and 6000k is the classy choice.

Looking good dude.

BMW E34 540i
Nice one ! Are the HiD's road legal or you will need to de install them before first MOT ?

You have my attention regarding cutting out middle section. After market exhausts are a bit too loud for me and too expensive :] If you have a photo from underneath the car feel obliged to share it :)

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
tbh i like the colour but not through the iphone, looks orangy. Still looks mint though.. top marks.

Tidy. Can't beat the Red-Black combo.

Love it mate, the cup wheels look a lot better in black :)

Thanks folks, yeah the anthracite does look a little out of place unless you have the Anthracite pack.

Black spoiler FTW :D

You knows it, miss your 200 yet?

Looking very tidy mate! Exact same combo as mine, with the exception of the cup spoiler!! :D

Also, where did you get your projector headlights from....??

Thanks mate, told you the wheels would look good ;) I got mine at trade price through my work (bodyshop) but Wests Renault sells them on here for very close to the price I paid the last time I checked.

Super smart!

Hid's are perfectly fine in Projector lamp and 6000k is the classy choice.

Looking good dude.

Loving the red, good choice.

Cheers chaps.

Nice one ! Are the HiD's road legal or you will need to de install them before first MOT ?

You have my attention regarding cutting out middle section. After market exhausts are a bit too loud for me and too expensive :] If you have a photo from underneath the car feel obliged to share it :)

Officially they're not as they don't have washers/auto levelling, but they're pure white/make the correct beam pattern/are aligned properly so they won't blind anybody which means my local plod hopefully won't be interested and the MOT station I use won't really care about something as minor as that.

tbh i like the colour but not through the iphone, looks orangy. Still looks mint though.. top marks.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's a very vivid red IRL, makes my boss's mrs' red CTR look almost maroon in comparison, cheers :)

200 Gordini
I've been debating about getting rid of my speedlines and getting some standard alloys refurbed black but I've been putting it off. This looks so good.

keo

Clio Trophy
I have thought about selling the trophy for a ur 200, I cant decide though I like the t

I've been debating about getting rid of my speedlines and getting some standard alloys refurbed black but I've been putting it off. This looks so good.

Cheers dude, first I've heard of anyone preferring the standard wheels!

I have thought about selling the trophy for a ur 200, I cant decide though I like the t

You ever had a proper drive in a 200 yet? Can't comment on a Trophy as I've never driven one but I had a well set up 172 before this, and I like them both for different reasons.

:eek: Cheers matey!

looking sweet

tweaked the levels on the dark picture;)

Ohh I can see a new avatar coming from that one! Thanks :)

You don't see many red ones about.

The car looks mint with the black wheels bud.

Cheers mate, yeah it's strange with it being a free colour and one of the best for the 200 that there's not more about.

IMO the speedlines look much better.

...Great colour UR.

Lovely 200 bud in one of my favourite colours :)

looks really good mate loving the red and black combo

Mmmm nice.

Thanks chaps ;)

very nice! we need to meet for pics one night!

We do indeed mate, stop f**king about with that PH1 for long enough to drive it and we'll sort it out :p

Love them in red. The wheels don't look too bad either :rasp:

Well at least you put your standard wheel hate nicely :p Cheers!

I love UR. Fav colour for the 200s.

A man with taste!

its on the road and running now mate! lol

In that case you need to bring it out before you get bored and pull it to bits again lol

Really nice mate.

Cheers fella!

Hows your gearbox feeling? Mines recently hit 16k and started crunchy into 4th when changed down from 5th.

Funny you should ask, it's actually on its second gearbox now, first one was replaced under warranty after 10k miles when - you guessed it - it started crunching into 4th LOL Started off only 5th to 4th then gradually got worse and started doing it 3rd to 4th while the dealer was waiting for a new one to arrive. Was replaced no problems at all, Renault are clearly aware it's quite a common thing.

the red looks awesome in person seen one with a black roof all seems t owork well

car looks good though on the black rims.

Cheers you two ;)

Worst I have an iphone 4S thread EVER.

Do I win a prize with that title? Other than looking like a bit of a geek obviously.

We should have an Alloa meeting bud :)

We should mate, when I'm not working daft hours or lying in my own pish at the weekend LOL