ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My white 172 :)

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Laingo you got it mate - my friend works at a place that uses hydrographic dipping to apply a film to a chosen material, and as said they primarily do this with guns in a real-life style camo print (which i have on my rocker cover/cam cover and engine plastics on the hybrid). So as stated by 2live etc not true carbon fibre, but gets the look all the same.

To be honest im not overkeen on the engine cover as we originally wanted it done in jelly beans but my mate didnt have enough film for it sadly, and as the car is half my girlfriends she got to choose the leopard print.

Lots more to come on this car like i say - cage, coilovers, buckets etc but at the moment i need to get my hybrid mapped/insured/MoTd etc so all the stuff for this will wait tii september time ish i guess.

Rich - car was originally blue mate and was really nice, but after some mindless wanker had abused it it seemed a waste to get it re-done the same when 90% of the panels needed re-painting anyway. Cant wait to see yours finished too mate, ul love it and the vauxhall white polishes up mint in the sun.

Oh yeah, and i know the front bumper has dropped - im just waiting for my new under bumper plastics from renault as mine got damaged from a previous incident with a badger lol

Wheels are nice honest, just dont come out too smart in photos (i dont think black wheels ever do really) May change to white multi-spokes at somne point i cant decide.

thanks all for the comments

Last edited:
  172 Cup SOLD
Really do like it in white!!

I just wish they came outta the factory like this.

As others have said the engine cover is a bit off key!!!

To be honest im not overkeen on the engine cover as we originally wanted it done in jelly beans but my mate didnt have enough film for it sadly, and as the car is half my girlfriends she got to choose the leopard print.

that would be awesome!!!lol

P

Paul Common 666

That looks f**kin awesome buddy! love it all! The engine cover is really original, I like it! :cool:

M2 Competition
Get a set of white 2118's, and follow through with your plans to cage/ bucket it, and it'll be perfect fella.

Loving it so far though.

Clio
looks smart mate, polish the fuel rail guard and get clear side repeaters and bulbs and all will be tidy!

RB 182 with CUP packs
Looks very very smart :)

Just give the engine bay a clean & it's perfect imo.

Not keen on the engine cover, but horses for courses ;)

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
lol the wheels were gold before i had them painted.

as said before front bumper has dropped a little as it has no under plastics to support it as they got damaged by a badger related incident and i have them coming from renault.

The whole car needs a good clean everywhere as after it was painted it sat in my mates lock-up for a while while he did cambelt/oilchange/etc.

It was a friend of mine and his dad who painted the car. He works out of a small unit on a farm in York and has painted other bits on my old cars so it was always going to be him who did the job for me. As for prices well ill keep that to myself for now thanks :rasp:

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
For all those who have PMd me regarding the carbon dipping im sorry i havent had time to reply. Im afraid i cant help, i just let my mate take them to his work and he did them in his own time . :dapprove:

I will however let him know that its generated a lot of interest and tell himn it would probably be to his benefit to start making and selling them.

is it just me who thinks theres something missing?!? it either doesnt look the right sort of white, or something is needed to break up the colour... im just REALLY not sure wot it is!!!

looks lush otherwise tho!!!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
lol the wheels were gold before i had them painted.

as said before front bumper has dropped a little as it has no under plastics to support it as they got damaged by a badger related incident and i have them coming from renault.

The whole car needs a good clean everywhere as after it was painted it sat in my mates lock-up for a while while he did cambelt/oilchange/etc.

It was a friend of mine and his dad who painted the car. He works out of a small unit on a farm in York and has painted other bits on my old cars so it was always going to be him who did the job for me. As for prices well ill keep that to myself for now thanks :rasp:

Where ae you based. Now i come to think of it i may have seen your car.

Clio 172/Clio 16v hybrid
Based in York. My girlfriend uses it more than me tho and goes to York college.

You on any 106 sites mate? A good few of my mates are on rallyeregister/106owners etc.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
looking good fella! looks quality in white! and as everyone else has stated...the engine cover does look a lil outta place....but then again who sees it??

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I remember the reg plate from when i went to see my mate at york uni. I had my 172 then. Your car was also blue then lol

you need to replace the little bits of black vinyl in the front bumper grille...

looks like a proper job though!