ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My write off and new car.

BG Clio 182 FF
Hey, at least a lot of people on here know what year it is, "newbie from 2008" ;)

Haha - well spotted :)

I signed up years ago after tagging along on a cliosport.net meet. Just to say thanks for a good day.

Now i've got my first renault so i'm using the account properly.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It's proper fucked me over, been driving around and just feel unsafe

Don't be doing any modifications to your car. Just drive it how it is but with 4 decent tyres on it.

Get a feel for driving again and take note of the circular signs with a number in the middle.

I crashed mine and it stopped me from driving like a erratic.

It's proper f**ked me over, been driving around and just feel unsafe

Time, and getting used to the road will having you feeling competent again. Definitely looking into some advanced training could help, it might even bring your insurance down a little.
A good percentage of us have binned a car at some point, I know what you mean by it leaving you uneasy. A friend of mine was driving too fast for the conditions and plowed a Zafira through a fence, all the way along a wide bend. Posts shot through the windscreen and doors and missed his and his passengers face by inches - the photos looked like something from Final Destination. He did an advanced driving course and had plenty of practice until he felt like he was ready to rejoin the traffic.

Hopefully while poorer for the loss of the car - you're richer for the experience of the crash!