ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My write off clio-Police pics

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
how did you manage to clip the back of a lorry.

looks bloody nasty tho probly a good job you dont remeber it would of fucked me up big time lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Jesus Ollie...you are one hell of a lucky lad...but I spose you already know that. Glad you were alright after that, and that West Mercia Police have supplied the pics...its a good reminder that you should have put a couple of quid on the lottery that day! ;) :)

I'm well aware of what the M54 is like...I saw an Omega who had gone off on J2 heading towards Cosford...and looked like the driver had flipped the hell out of it. Also had a driver in a BMW spin out in front of me in thunder on the concrete bits just after J4 going towards Wolves...Its a good M-way, but always best to treat it with some respect...

ph2 172
Alrite guys,
Apologies for the sport badge but I was young and nieve and to be fair I should have just got a rsclio in the first place as that is wanted I always wanted. In answer to Telfordslurk: It happened between juctions 4&5 in March 05.

Yeh I clipped the back of one of those fairground rides that are on the back of a lorry. It went to court and I was done with driving without DCA, got 4 points and £120 fine.
Here's the car in its original shape:
1eadf073.jpg

Megane 230 R26
Glad you were ok mate... I've seen people walk away from worse, but I've also seen dead bodies sat in cars with a tiny dent in the front/side! It really is down to luck a lot of the time!

I've always said sunroofs weaken a car's structure... It's held up well but you can see what part the sunroof has played, and how most of us can be glad our Clios don't have them! :approve:

mk4 golf gttdi180
how come your airbag didnt go of when i colided mine didnt go of making me break my nose. you either love em or hate em

Megane 230 R26
Clios (Mk2, dunno about Mk3) have two-stage bags... The smaller volume airbag should go off in collision at 12mph, and I think the larger one fires above 20ish... but either way you should get some sort of discharge if you hit something at 12mph or above, looks a bit worrying that it didn't occur in this crash but the impact to the front end directly could have perhaps been less than the trigger speed, with the damage being contributed to by the speed the car was travelling sideways at the time, if that makes sense! Looking back at the pics, it looks like the car had quite a lot of sideways motion (driver side first) at the time (notice how the car is twisted and the the localisation of the damage).

Did either side airbag go off at all?

LY182/NHB CTR
I recall you telling me about this Ollie some months after..

Just so glad your here to post up the pictures..

What car do you have now? thought you got a 172

Monaco 172
Thats a big pile of blood!

I suppose if you are going to crash you might aswell do it properly. Atleast it was in a mk2 ph2 Clio, nice and safe. I'd hate to see what the aftermath of my valver in the same situation would be.

Clio 172 LHD
NCAP 4 rating for the Clio is kinda reassuring. I flogged my old Audi Coupe which had an NCAP 1 rating which is kinda sobering...

Nice that you lived to tell the tale M8