ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Myles's clio project

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
I would just got for gloss back engine laquer front and rear mate.
Keep it subtle, neat and tidy

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
No links, but just type in gloss black engine laquer and some will come up. Halfords will do it

Clio 2002
Update -

ended up making a lot of progress this weekend

I picked up the new alloys from GW200 thanks a lot mate they look brilliant. I also gave the throttle body a clean which turned in to a bit of a problem. After getting the manifold and throttle body clean i put it all back together and noticed that i must have pulled 2 wires out of place when cleaning. I posted up a picture on here to find out where they should go. anyway amongst the few pricks that you get on forums some of the guys pointed me in the right direction. the wires to the crank shaft sensor had been pull out of the actual plug socket that they sit in. i made a temp repair on it yesterday as im going to need to solder the connectors back together. i'll get this done this week.

iv taken a couple of quick snaps to show what it looks like. It could really do with a lowering job asap, so im going to go for 40mm springs.

alloys.jpg

I have put 'super white' head light bulbs in but as you can see they arent exactly super white. has anyone got any bulbs that are actually super white, if so where can i get them from?

Work to do

-paint drums and calipers
-new aerial
-aero wipers
-colour code front and rear bumper strips
-super white fog lights
-led interior bulbs
-solder crank shaft sensor plug back into place
-repair leaking sunroof (only happens on occasion)
-touch up wing mirrors (previous owner chipped them, maybe worth getting new ones)
-fit colour coded door handle on passenger side
-fit 3.5 ohms resistors into front seat terminals to switch off airbag and service lights

When all this work is complete im going to spend some time cleaning and maintaining the engine bay.

LYV6, 182, R5GTT
Looking good mate. If you haven't already, I'd get some locking wheel nuts...you know what north London is like ;)

Clio 2002
haha too well im afraid!

yeah iv got some fitted. what you think? im going to give it a good detail soon maybe get them refurbed

BPY

16v 1.2
How was cleaning the throttle body? You reckon it's something anyone can do as long as they follow the video? I really need mine done!

Clio 2002
Yep asking as you have all the correct tools and follow the video step by step you will be fine. It's made a huge difference to. Much more of a fun smooth drive now. No juddering along at traffic lights etc. while you are in there you may as we'll give the crank shaft sensor a clean as well. (Even easier than the throttle body)

Clio 2002
UPDATE

Iv done a few little bits to the car recently nothing worthy of an update just bulbs, new bumper strip, etc

I gave it a quick wash yesterday, take a look at the pic and see the progress so far

front right.jpg

3 series? ballaa ;)

Haha i wouldnt mid something old as a next car, or even a project car if i had drivespace. really wanna do something like this:

klSBK0m.jpg

Clio 2002
3 series? ballaa ;)

Haha i wouldnt mid something old as a next car, or even a project car if i had drivespace. really wanna do something like this:

klSBK0m.jpg

yeah it would be nice to get one, just cant justify the cost to myself at the moment! (ill find a way lol)

that would be brilliant to build something like that, iv thought about a capri before but couldnt find any good insurance for it