ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's Fiesta ST

Properly epic roadtrip!
I have driven a lot of those roads over the years and have photos in front of a lot of the same stuff - map of Scotland, that same old coo house as well!
Bet it was fun in the ST. :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A panorama shot I didn't realise Emma had taken:

12779518405_da1a20809d_b.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A slow vid of the Applecross ascent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Proper stoppers! Get them sealed up!

Loved big calipers since having the Frp. Look epic.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mountune/Alcons.

Booked in to have them fitted on Saturday however I'm still awaiting arrival of the 15mm spacers required to make them fit behind the standard wheels.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Spacers finally arrived today but after seeing them and reading the booklet (Where is states they shouldn't be used for unusual manoeuvres or aggressive driving. Kinda useless considering I want to do trackdays in the thing) I've decided to not bother with them and send them back.

Instead I'm opting for a new set of wheels with an offset that will allow the fitting of the bigger brakes without the need for spacers. Ordering them in the morning, with a manufacturing time of 4 weeks. Just hope they look good on the car.

Civic FN2 Track Car
Spacers finally arrived today but after seeing them and reading the booklet (Where is states they shouldn't be used for unusual manoeuvres or aggressive driving. Kinda useless considering I want to do trackdays in the thing) I've decided to not bother with them and send them back.

Instead I'm opting for a new set of wheels with an offset that will allow the fitting of the bigger brakes without the need for spacers. Ordering them in the morning, with a manufacturing time of 4 weeks. Just hope they look good on the car.

Good lad, what wheels your going for then?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Feck that's drastic considering you wanted to stay with oem wheels!

Not exactly reassuring when Mr Spacer maker says not to use the spacers on track. I've went and bought a big brake kit and intend on using it to its full potential (As much as one can on a trackday).

The replacement wheels though aftermarket do look OEM.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Oooh, not good.

I'm surprised Mountune supply brakes that necessitate a wheel change to be able to properly drive the car...I thought they'd work some magic and make them fit under standard wheels...the 200 had no issue running Brembos under its 17s.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Oooh, not good.

I'm surprised Mountune supply brakes that necessitate a wheel change to be able to properly drive the car...I thought they'd work some magic and make them fit under standard wheels...the 200 had no issue running Brembos under its 17s.

It is disappointing however new wheels are ordered and will be with me tomorrow.

So looking good for fitting on Saturday morning.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oooh, not good.

I'm guessing the White one with the brakes fitted has spacers then, was definitely on oe wheels.

Exciting though!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
How are you finding the map?

I'm on 15,500 miles now on the original Bridgestone RE050s. Very impressed with them so will be going around again on another set once these give up.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Hello Mark, we talk more on here about our ST's that on the ST forum! I see you constantly battling with the half witts over there, I just stay out of it most of the time, got to keep a clean record as I 'may' be joining the forum as a trader strictly on a trial basis though!! Not sure I can deal with forum members to much with what I've seen to far.
Anyway bit off topic but that leads me on too...
the oem bridgestones. I rate them too, not sure why so much hate for them over there?! Only thing I can think of is there expecting all that torque in the low gears not too overcome the traction from the tyres leading them to say they spin in the wet, they must be crap!
yeah the maps great mate, it's very similar to the MP just gives a tad more. Again I really rate the MP pack and I was so torn between them. Only my insurance wouldn't do the mp215 so it kind of made my mind up. It's simply made a great car Better.

Last edited:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
You sticking with the oe bridgestones? Got my Finsport Stage 1 map on today <3

Wheels are same size as OEM so just getting the Bridgestones swapped over onto them yes. So far I really like them. Lasting very well so far and would definitely consider them again.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Is the Fiesta on lease?

And if so; are you allowed to make these modifications with the hire company, given you're only 'lending the car'?

Do what you like I suppose as long as you put it back to standard when It goes back. Officially I would think they won't allow any mods at any time

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Is the Fiesta on lease?

And if so; are you allowed to make these modifications with the hire company, given you're only 'lending the car'?

Ours isn't no.

However most folk say that as long as the car is handed back in standard guise its ok to modify a leased car.