ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's Fiesta ST

Clio 182 Trophy
The black goes very well with the blue but for some reason the rear end of the fiesta seems to dwarf the 17" alloy.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I don't know what peoples problem is with team dynamics, they are light and strong wheels with a Motorsport heritage, they maybe not as nice as turinis but still think they look good!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
First track outing booked.

Knockhill reverse direction on 17th May.

Be interesting to see how she compares to the old 200.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what peoples problem is with team dynamics, they are light and strong wheels with a Motorsport heritage, they maybe not as nice as turinis but still think they look good!

They're fitted to a lot of 1.2 corsas et al and you can buy them in halfords, so when fitted to a very very nice car, people are a bit underwhelemed...

But... I can honestly say this is the first time i've liked the look of them on any car, the Blue works with the Black and the Red brakes looks superb. Good choice Martin, black ULs would have been awesome though.

Suzuki Swift Sport
They're fitted to a lot of 1.2 corsas et al and you can buy them in halfords, so when fitted to a very very nice car, people are a bit underwhelemed...

But... I can honestly say this is the first time i've liked the look of them on any car, the Blue works with the Black and the Red brakes looks superb. Good choice Martin, black ULs would have been awesome though.

I guess that is the case unfortunately, still nothing wrong with the wheels themselves.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If it was on my drive I'd genuinely buy them. I want to have a couple of weeks with it before I decide what to do. GLWS.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
No stone chips that weren't already on the car.

No issues at all with the car. Performed well above expectations

Kinda glad I opted for the big brake kit as I properly hammered the brakes lol.

There were a number of photographers about so hopefully I can find some track action shots.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
No stone chips that weren't already on the car.

No issues at all with the car. Performed well above expectations

Kinda glad I opted for the big brake kit as I properly hammered the brakes lol.

There were a number of photographers about so hopefully I can find some track action shots.
My brakes were shagged after 4 laps lol.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
8AC3D454-A936-4E61-B044-DF18F8796D57.jpg

55D20E30-64CE-4569-AFF7-DC0CFA5E2432.jpg

4EC2813F-A933-42E3-9402-F3BD7CA0625D.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Started uploading my first vid at midnight last night. Still got 2 hours to go lol.

Will be a week before they're all up lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
1st Vid:

[video=youtube_share;Tn6D7G8XKgw]http://youtu.be/Tn6D7G8XKgw[/video]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Turns out my brakes were getting kinda warm:

I was on track last night and this wee fiesta is summin else. The straight line speed of it is far superior to the clio. Not much in it in the corners but coming out of them it's just gone. Very impressive little car.
The brake discs were glowing coming into the hairpin down the hill too!

My best video (Were I'm at my fastest) still had 501 minutes to go before being fully uploaded to Youtube at 6am this morning. Should be complete by the time I'm finished work.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Mountune Alcon brakes and filmed on a GoPro 3+.

My best session vid has finally finished uploading to YouTube so here it is:

Having now had a couple of days and the adrenaline having died down also, I'll go out on a limb and say the Fiesta is quicker and more fun on track than the Clio was.

Big claims but I'm amazed at the performance of this relatively standard car.

Last edited by a moderator:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Copy and pasted from another forum.

Wee summary of Saturday's track outing.

Turns out the Fiesta is frickin awesome on track.

She performed flawlessly all evening garnishing some positive comments:

jockthedog said:
You spent a lot of time on three wheels :)

tam said:
Aye, the wee blue mountune fiesta was flying....left the 197 for dead in a straight line. :wink:

AK said:
Noddie.... the fiesta surprised me. I was on a cool lap trying to judge pace to avoid holding anyone up... you were up behind me a lot quicker than id given the car credit for! Seemed quick on the corners

Also turns out that the brake upgrade was a worthwhile addition since even those got a little warm:

I was on track last night and this wee fiesta is summin else. The straight line speed of it is far superior to the clio. Not much in it in the corners but coming out of them it's just gone. Very impressive little car.
The brake discs were glowing coming into the hairpin down the hill too!

I really was impressed with how the Fiesta done. Deep down I was worried it'd be massively down on the 200 in terms of track-ability. However after a couple of quick laps these worries were put to rest. Considering the car isn't really all that different to standard (MP215, Intercooler and brake kit) she is noticeably quicker than the 200 in terms of overall lap time.

As well as the brakes impressing me a lot, the standard Bridgestones amazed me even more. Kept at their Ford recommended pressures (36 front, 26 rear) they never once felt like they were being over-abused or on the edge of grip.

Not many photos unfortunately despite there being a good number of photographers around the circuit but got these ok shots:

14208240234_40b74be5b7_b.jpg

14208376125_60344a252d_b.jpg

14228534513_12990c3253_b.jpg

Had the GoPro running for the full evening so have some vids (5 vids in total however only 1 and 5 are uploaded to Youtube so far):

and

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Having now had a couple of days and the adrenaline having died down also, I'll go out on a limb and say the Fiesta is quicker and more fun on track than the Clio was.

You're not alone. I've had months pass since I was last out on track and I still feel and think exactly the same.

Seeing as it's been really warm the last few days at every chance I've given it a proper bootfull out of low speed turns to try and get it to wash wide or at least get out a shape a little. The way it grips and goes is head-shaking comical stuff!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

I've only just watched this, nice nice nice nice nice...I started rocking with you behind that GT-R LOL Kept him honest, good work sir!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
He he he.

Why did everyone else insist on compromising their entry to the main straight? The momentum you had by comparison was spot on.

There were some strange lines for sure.

Some were so slow that even me leaving a bit of a gap then going for it caught me out a bit.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

How slow does my R32 look at 14.30 lol.

clio 182
Was really impressed with this on the track night! Properly quick and looked brilliant fun, 3 wheels every time at the hairpin!

Been watching your vids trying to sort my lines out, felt like I was all over the place compared to you! What times did you get out of interest?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Looked nice on the M9 tonight ;)

What were you in?

Was really impressed with this on the track night! Properly quick and looked brilliant fun, 3 wheels every time at the hairpin!

Been watching your vids trying to sort my lines out, felt like I was all over the place compared to you! What times did you get out of interest?

65 seconds was my quickest I think (Thats just watching the videos back).

My session 5 vid was when I was driving the quickest (As the track had dried out) but never managed a clear lap.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Washed the beast today after it being brown for a week since Knockhill last Saturday. Still not a pro with the camera as yet (One pic is dark one pic is is spoiled by the flash):

14253008944_7f4b40ee66_b.jpg

14066708879_0b2f424d29_b.jpg

Next track outing is 9th June. Cannot wait.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Was up at Knockhill again on Monday night. Track was very slippery to begin with (Like driving on ice with oil on top of it) but it did dry up slightly so got faster. I have some vids which I'll stick up at some point.

Couple of pics courtesy of @wee brl:

14224229888_cb5cc22977_b.jpg

14218205009_cbe4db6f13_b.jpg