ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's Fiesta ST

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Copy and pasted over from another forum:

hough I don't yet have the car this morning I have started to receive some "upgrade goodies" for it so thought it time to stick my own progress thread up as opposed to filling the "2013 Fiesta ST" chat thread (And its nice to have your own dedicated project thread lol).

So, first, the car. Its a 2013 Fiesta ST in the following spec:
  • Spirit Blue
  • ST-2
  • Style Pack
  • EATC (Climate control)
  • Nav (With upgraded stereo)
She arrived at the dealers on Monday evening so we went over to the dealership yesterday to see her and ended up taking her out for a wee spin:

9555129155_19dab1e2f8_b.jpg

9555138255_c1e73ab856_b.jpg

9555147117_d5baf8976e_b.jpg

Meant to be picking her up on the 1st September however issues with removing our CL10 plate from the 200 to put onto Emma's Clio 4 might mean a delay in us picking her up. All depends on when we get the V5 back for the 200.

The plan is too keep the car pretty much standard at the very least until we get back from Mexico summer holidays next year. I say this, yet I have the car booked in to have the Mountune Performance 215PS performance package fitted along with the new Mountune intercooler (In black obviously for subtlety reasons).

The MP215 package contains the following:
  • Custom aluminium high-flow air box with dual cold air feeds
  • K&N panel air filter
  • Porous lower air feed hose
  • Required hardware/clips
  • Revised engine calibration
  • Mountune Performance Badge (Which I wont be fitting)
What does this do in terms of performance gains? It ups the standard 180BHP to 212BHP and on the torque side its upped 10% to 328Nm. On overboost thats 224HP and 340Nm. Not bad for a £600 warranty approve performance package.

So the car is booked in to have that fitted as soon as I pick the car up. At the same time I'll be having the new intercooler fitted. The kind man from APC couriers delivered the intercooler this morning. So naturally some pics:

9551579251_6b9c03b447_b.jpg

9551571565_1fcc79228e_b.jpg

9554356918_6273c8f62c_b.jpg

As you can see its not the biggest intercooler in the world however we all know what sort of issues running massive intercoolers can cause. Big power but the tendency to overheat the engine.

This one is not designed for big numbers in mind. Its designed to compliment the MP215 package for uber reliability. Also the only cooler that maintains the base vehicle warranty.

Having not yet driven one of these cars hard, I'm unsure how the brakes will perform under heavy abuse (On track obviously). However, the long term plan is to procure the Mountune 4-Pot ST Big Brake setup.

Here the shop pic of the setup:

500-500-tn

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I never like these in pictures for some reason..in the metal they look completely different imo. Very nice cars..

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have a big soft spot for these, id love to buy on for the misses.

Love this colour to. :)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I never like these in pictures for some reason..in the metal they look completely different imo. Very nice cars..

I was the same. I think its the same with the Clio 4. Looks gash in pics but in the flesh both look superb.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Currently the best small hot hatch on the market imo, nothing else even comes close.

Edit 212bhp should go well for the size!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate, perfect spec!

Also brakes wise, Mark said they held up very very well with minimal wear on track. Did you get my text?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Superb mate, perfect spec!

Also brakes wise, Mark said they held up very very well with minimal wear on track. Did you get my text?

Me? No I didn't.

I'll pm you my number (Think I've got a new one since last time).

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
''As you can see its not the biggest intercooler in the world however we all know what sort of issues running massive intercoolers can cause. Big power but the tendency to overheat the engine.''

What?

That cooler looks smaller than the one on my Alfa!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Picked the blue beast up at 11am this morning. Very happy with it. The torque/pull is very addictive. Booked in to Mountuned on Friday.

Last pic of the green beast next to her shiny new replacement:

9648415872_fc61494269_b.jpg

9648406166_d16e43613f_b.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
As promised I have, at last, got round to taking some pics with a proper camera. I did intend on washing the car before the pics but as usual its started to rain so grabbed these pics before the heavens opened:

9698880119_756a6674e2_b.jpg

I like the fact that the Mountune intercooler is nicely hidden from view with it being black.

9702039602_32c373a8a8_b.jpg

9698814425_d4ef15fb38_b.jpg

9698835447_6767f43fd6_b.jpg

Definitely, I think, the least favourable view of the ST. The 200 looks the nuts from the back but the ST is definitely let down in this department.

9702137736_0be401268e_b.jpg

9702094718_14fabf9c12_b.jpg

Emma took the car, on Friday, to have the Mountune goodies (MP215 package and intercooler) fitted. I didnt think 30bhp (180 standard to 212 tuned ) and 60lb ft (177 standard to 236 tuned) extra power would make such a different but it has. The in-gear acceleration is phenomenal (And I've still not taken it about 4k revs as I've only done 600 miles in it) Definitely worth the £600 outlay.

Really want to get the car dyno'd now to see just what power difference there is between this and my old 200. It feels like night and day though.

Range Rover Sport
Never truly been a ford fan.

However that does look really nice and I bet it's pretty fun to drive.

Got yourself a nice car there mate!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I really want to like these but I've never liked the look of the standard fiesta so I'm struggling!

It does get some great write ups. I'd love a go of one!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks great, I still have a hankering for one.

Was interesting at Trax today there were 10 ST's I counted on various stands and only 1 new Renault clio...

All but one of the ST's were ST2's but the Red ST1 in Red with cloth seats looked very nice, I'd go as far as saying I think I preferred the cloth seats look wise over the leather.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb Martin. I'll get some proper pictures for you.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks brill.

But find it odd it makes the "lardy" 200 look small.