ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Name this: 200 Engine Video inside

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So, noticed my 200 was being a bit weird on the drive home tonight from AlexW 's.

Very loud noise from my engine, pulled over and popped the bonnet, met this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwIn-j1_VI4

Needless to say, as a mechanical noob, bricks were shat.

I imagined flames, explosions, and dead Ryan's.

Turns out this little fecker had fallen out:

qara8une.jpg

5umarure.jpg

Question is, what is it? Would I have damaged anything?

Cheers!

Many.
The metal elbow out of the rocker cover?

Its for the oil breather, not a huge issue, but it shouldn't have come out of the rocker, or had the pipe come off the elbow?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The metal elbow out of the rocker cover?

Its for the oil breather, not a huge issue, but it shouldn't have come out of the rocker, or had the pipe come off the elbow?

9ypaqena.jpg

Excuse the rank finger.

But the whole thing was disconnected. Pipe still in the plug, it just wasn't plugged in. Took a good shove to get it back in too, I knd of guessed where it went :eek:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Id say put a black cable tie around it.

Pipe just gone a little loose.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Ry I'm struggling to understand, the rubber hose has come away from the metal elbow or the metal elbow has come away from the engine? (Lol)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Ry I'm struggling to understand, the rubber hose has come away from the metal elbow or the metal elbow has come away from the engine? (Lol)

Metal came unplugged from the engine, was just loose in the bay. Plugged it back in and all good, but it came unplugged again today.

the metal is in the tube solid, just wont stay in the engine

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Metal came unplugged from the engine, was just loose in the bay. Plugged it back in and all good, but it came unplugged again today.

the metal is in the tube solid, just wont stay in the engine

Ok got ya! That's unusual, I assume the noise was extra induction noise.
As below it will need to be glued back in with araldite/liquid metal.
wont cause any problems it could just spray a bit of oil mist