ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang Ultra Sport NS 2.

Anyone any knowledge of these tyres?

Are they some cheapo budget tyre?

Just bought a Mazda MX 5 to keep my Clio company!!

The Mazda appears to have very recently had a set fitted.

Seem OK even when pushed wet or dry but somethingtells me to remove and replace with my favorites Eagle F1 GSD3s.

Well if they are not PE2's then the common consensus on here is that you will end up in a ditch as soon as you hit the brake pedal.

But seriously they are fit for the purpose just don't expect much lol

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
The Nankangs are pretty budget.

Ok in the dry, but nothing special.
In the Wet you can forget it ! They slip and slide all over the place.

Budget wise stick to toyo etc...

Exaltos or Eagles etc are your nicer range.

Thanks for that. Just out of curiosity i checked the reviews on the My Tyres website.

Surprisingly they came out on a par with the F1 gsd3s!!!!!!

Dont know who does the review or what the strength of it is but surprising since for my size they are about a third cheaper!!!

1.8 16v Mk1 Ph1 + S14a
If it helps, nankangs are known as ditchfinders for RWD cars. I would not fit them if you value your safety (same as p6000's in the wet in small cars.... lethal under braking).

Oh and don't get Silverstone racing tyres either.

Falken 452's (or 451's if you can still find some) are very good tyres for the price. Well worth the money. Unless you have a more modern clio worth 3k upwards, it is not really worth the extra money spent on F1's (Unless in a particular size they are very closely priced).

Try mytyres, or falken tyres themselves.

Matthew