ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples Valvers

Ive got a few questions for all you Valver geeks. Im a bit of a brand ***** and would like you to name what products you have and what performance gains you got. Basically the best money can buy. Copy and paste the following and add your answers...

Exhaust system?
Airfilter?
421 manifold? (ive yet to see one)
Cams?
HT leads and sparkplugs?
Oil? (fully synthetic? how often do you change it?)
Coilovers?
Brakes? (are they really worth upgrading?)

What was the last year of production for the Valver? N reg?
How many Naples valvers were made in this year and what can a low mileage one with FSH expect to fetch?

Exhaust system?
Airfilter?
421 manifold? (ive yet to see one)
Cams?
HT leads and sparkplugs?
Oil? (fully synthetic? how often do you change it?)
Coilovers?
Brakes? (are they really worth upgrading?)

What was the last year of production for the Valver? N reg?
How many Naples valvers were made in this year and what can a low mileage one with FSH expect to fetch?
Preices arn't going to be massive £1.5k will get you a very good one.

Oil I'd change ver 6k/6months. same with filter if you'r feeling brave as its a pain to do. 5-40 fully sytnthetic is idea realy it can leak more than 10-40 as its better and flows out of the holes whenc old but protects better.

Exhaust err custom seems best as everyone had different requests. Scorpian are usless though.

Stock air box is about the best only one bettetr is the one Nick hill sells but that requires removal of the screen wash and cuting the panel there. So stock box with a filter is the best realy for value.

4-2-1 is a superspring one I think they stopped making them some time again and new ones arn't cheap if they still are making them. Not sure on it gaian I had one but I wouldn't have bought it.

Cam only worthwile on 2.0 bottom end talk to BenR about them only if you've got a 2.0 bottom end otherwise forget it.

Stock leads and plugs are fine.

Avo coilover. WIlliams Clio have group buy for them at the moment £330 i think if they get enough buyers are superb.

Stock brakes are fine there old so check them. Stock pads and disks are very good but it all depends how bad the calipers and lines are. The new cars use the same calieprs so if you want a cheap change to a fresh setup get some from a scrappie then braided lines new fluid and either stock FDB 845 pads (£17.99 from Halfords) or DS2500 (£60) with new disks.

clio 16v,saph cossie,rs's
powerflw exhaust straight through,no cat,pipercross filter,k tec cams and chip,k tec manifold,all cost £1400,expensive i know but made 170bhp a week ago,chuffed i am

The most important things are the drivability of the car and real power at the wheels. Thats why I'd never 1) trust a dyno (after all my cars 79hp if you belive them) 2) why bigger bottom end is so much better.