ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

National Cliosport meet 20/21/22 June 2008 TBC

Monblue bombay badboy!
Right have been dicussing this with a few of the other reps. Have come to the decision that it would be nice to organise a national cs meet. Obviously we need to make it fair to everyone and as central as possible to people wanting to attend. Please feel free to add your ideas and we can go from there. Look forward to your feed back

Thanks Baggins and the rest of the reps:)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Re: NATIONAL CLIOSPORT MEET IDEAS?

Geographical Centre of Britain Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire. Telephone Box

Geographical Centre of England Meriden, Warwickshire

:quiet:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Geographical Centre of Britain Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire. Telephone Box

Geographical Centre of England Meriden, Warwickshire

:quiet:

:lolup: trust you!

Sorry mate! Its amazing what you can find if you look hard enough...although I think that the place underlined would be a tight squeeze for parking!!!

Monblue bombay badboy!

Anyone know any big camp sites have a bbq bring all ya own stuff can be as expensive as you like? just pay for ya pitch;)

Anyone know any big camp sites have a bbq bring all ya own stuff can be as expensive as you like? just pay for ya pitch;)

Billing Aqadrome, Northamptonshire.

They are used to having car clubs stay, and are happy for people to either camp, or stay in static caravans or lodges. BBQ's are all good too, plus there is a restuarant and pub near by.

Not sure how 'central' it is but isn't far from me, lol.

Regards, Steve.

Link --> http://www.billingaquadrome.com/

Click on rallies and events, its all car club stuff!

Hyundai i40

im up for it as long as there plenty of notice and is no more than 2-3 hrs from lpool.

camping wud be great

Monblue bombay badboy!

that sort of thing sounds good steve. Do you have to wear clothes there?:rasp:

The vauxhall club used to do this type of thing @ billing

mini cooper (RIP 172)

like ive said it lots off ppl come this would be great! some thing for next summer when its hot;)

need some sort of country park, lots of parkin and room for a BBQ, kick about ect:D

where is the hard bit, your never gona make everyone happy:eek:

i'll help in any way i can

PH2 172

Baggins, i love you.

On another note, theres loadsssss of campsites around oxfordshire etc

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6

Some where near a campsite, has been said I think. But if people have the facility to stay over it will encourage those from further a field. Just my 2 penneth

this sounds awsome defo game
theres some good sites around sherwood forest aswell - and with them comes the usual painitballing/buggying/karting so if anyones interested could be an idea and i think notts is more central :)
but will pm the troops and get them involved hopefully :)

RB 200 Cup!

a weekedn camping thing would be great - no doubt i will rustle up my local members

Der Panzer

We'll open the border and you can all come up here. No sneaky speed cameras, no clamping and plenty of roads to open up on. ;)

Dunkeld FTW!

1.8 Civic EX

They are used to having car clubs stay, and are happy for people to either camp, or stay in static caravans or lodges. BBQ's are all good too, plus there is a restuarant and pub near by.

Regards, Steve.

I'll second that one Steve. My bro used to go there for the Vauxal weekends in his Nova GTE lol

I've mentioned the place on here a few times as well as few others but it always gets overlooked for some reason. I've never been there myself but I'd say it's an ideal place for this type of meet.

Mustang, S13, AX GT

We'll open the border and you can all come up here. No sneaky speed cameras, no clamping and plenty of roads to open up on. ;)

Dunkeld FTW!
If its gonna be a fair distance to go I'd enjoy goign to Scotland tbh, roadtrip :cool:

Regards, Steve.

I'll second that one Steve. My bro used to go there for the Vauxal weekends in his Nova GTE lol

I've mentioned the place on here a few times as well as few others but it always gets overlooked for some reason. I've never been there myself but I'd say it's an ideal place for this type of meet.
Otherwise there seems pretty good.

Well someone needs to make a decision soon 'ish if you want to get a venue for next year booked.

TBH, and I don't want to sound like a doubting Thomas, but I reckon this will never happen, although who ever decides to take it on 'organisation wise', i'm willing to give them a hand.

Steve.

scotland seems to be the more "driver" friendly...regarding speed cameras etc...

db

db detailing™

I think Steve's idea is a good one, good place too!

The thing is, and I don't want to sound like i'm anti - scotish here, but how many members are actually in Scotland?

It's a long way for a 'majority' to travel (if that is the case) just to please the minority.

It also depends on what kind of weekend you want the National Meet to be? Alot of people have mentioned good driving roads, that I think we all except Scotland has, but is that what we want, I personally would of thought some camping / staying in lodges, meeting up, chatting, a few meals and / or BBQ's and obviously a few beers was more the order of the day - leave the driving for a track day, some other time.

I know the above isn't going to appeal to all, but ultimately you're never going to please all the people all the time!

Just my thoughts and opinions, regards, Steve.

172 cup

The thing is, and I don't want to sound like i'm anti - scotish here, but how many members are actually in Scotland?

It's a long way for a 'majority' to travel (if that is the case) just to please the minority.

It also depends on what kind of weekend you want the National Meet to be? Alot of people have mentioned good driving roads, that I think we all except Scotland has, but is that what we want, I personally would of thought some camping / staying in lodges, meeting up, chatting, a few meals and / or BBQ's and obviously a few beers was more the order of the day - leave the driving for a track day, some other time.

I know the above isn't going to appeal to all, but ultimately you're never going to please all the people all the time!

Agreed

RB 200 Cup!

i think it would be very hard to organise a meet with people form the north and south - only things like FCS is where people make the effort as its a well organised event.

makes sence to me too actually...

wasnt there a poll showing the areas members originated from??

So. As per usual no one really wants to commit to anything, or give any input, and as per usual this will fall flat on its face - shame really:dapprove: I quite like the idea of a national meet weekend.

Monblue bombay badboy!

So. As per usual no one really wants to commit to anything, or give any input, and as per usual this will fall flat on its face - shame really:dapprove: I quite like the idea of a national meet weekend.

as you may of heard i totalled my odblue at the weekend mate something will happen even if its just a few of us have a weekend camping or owt i will start new thread soon with list and stuff and then we can go from there ;)

Mustang, S13, AX GT

well, why dont the area reps contact the members in there area via multi-PM and see who would commit and how far they would be willing to travel. stick the totals down in here and we can look at something from there. Its a massive thing to organise and with that in mind you guys could really help it happen, then we can all have a look at where to go. It sounds pretty good idea to me tbh

db

db detailing™

I think it's exactly what the club needs!!
The more 'senior' members need to organise a proper 'club' meet, and then people should be more willing to travel to this than FCS!!