ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need advice

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Basically I have started a new job and rang my insurance company (Flux) and asked for my direct debit date to be changed in accordance with my new pay day from the 1st to the 7th, they said it couldnt be done as they can only change it to 3 days either side of the current direct debit date so I was advised to cancel my direct debit and pay using my bank card on the 7th as it was my last payment before my renewal in December anyway so I logged onto my online banking and cancelled my direct debit.

Post arrived this morning with a letter from Adrian Flux stating my insurance will be automatically canceled on the 6/10/2011 if I didn't make a payment by the 6th now I don't get paid until the 7th so obviously I'm going to ring them in the morning and have words but as I was advised to cancel my DD so I could pay on the 7th and now they are saying because I'm doing what I was advised by the r****d in customer services I am being punished for it, where do I stand on this? Surely they cant auto cancel my policy after giving me that advise, if I ring them are they likely to let me pay on the 7th as it's only one day and obviously honour what they said. I'm just worried about me not being insured tomorrow as I need to get to work at 8am and there phones don't open until 9am.....

Really need some solid advice.

Thanks
Lynden

Last edited by a moderator:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pay it on CC, use overdraft, use someone else's CC.

Its a one off, i'm guessing its only £100 at the most.

I dont see a reason to cancel the DD at all tbh, unless your really s**t at managing money?

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
They told me to cancel it because they couldn't change the date and yeh it's £98 and I don't have any credit cards, basically they told me to do something and I'm not being done over for doing it, I should be ok if I ring them asoon as I get up

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not being funny, but at some point people need to step into the adult world. It's at this point that a "kid" would ask their parents to bail them out.

Get yourself a credit card, get yourself an overdraft, you don't even have to use them, but when you get into these situations, these are the things that adults use to get around these problems.

I've got over 5k of available credit, if s**t ever went down hill I could cover myself for a fair while on that. It's just a sensible thing to do.

And honestly, you know no one at all that could lend you £98 for a few days?

Are all calls not recorded or whatever, not phone them up and explain the situation and see if they have kept a recording of what has been said and go from there?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SRS ?

Call them up, speak to someone with an IQ greater than their shoe size and sort it out. What is anyone here going to tell you that you won't already know !?

I dont see a reason to cancel the DD at all tbh, unless your really s**t at managing money?

Saved up for coilovers by buying a new car IIRC.

/no further questions, your honour.

You knew the payment was coming so why didn't you adjust your lifestyle to make sure you had £98 available in your account.

Living on the breadline ftl.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
I wasn't living on the breadline at all but I have been unemployed for about 7 weeks so it's a bit tough, not like any of you CS people would know as you all seem to be so rich.

sorted a job now and spoke to them and they said the letter was automatically sent out and shouldn't of been so everything is sorted. And I would never ask my parents to bail me out of a financial situation unless it was a matter of life or death.

thanks
lynden

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
FYI - never cancel a DD until you are 100% that the company aren't going to call it.

Better to fight with a company and get the money for the DD back, than the bank and a company for charges etc.

FYI - never cancel a DD until you are 100% that the company aren't going to call it.

Better to fight with a company and get the money for the DD back, than the bank and a company for charges etc.

Let the bank take it then fill out a direct debit indemnity form and the money will be back in your account that day.