ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need car insurance on a 182 for 2 days

Long story short, i need 1 or 2 days cover on a clio 182.

Anyone reccomend a company as all the ones ive tried say im too young to be temporary insured on that type of car (19)

This is the usual message :
  • Some of the details provided have resulted in our underwriters being unable to provide the cover.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Take out insurance, then use your 14 days right to cancel.

Why what?

I own a 172 but i need to drive a 182 for 1 day as the garage i got my car from has to fix something on it and they can offer me a 182 to drive for 1-2 days depending on how long it will take.

And no they wont cover me from the garage

they wont.
some reason most companies wont even look at under 21's

Because they see you as a risk? Surely paying £8k for your own insurance would make that very apparent...

If you expanded on why you need to drive the 182, it would probably help. Is it a friend's car, or family etc? If so, the simple method would be for them to put you on the policy as a named driver and you pay the required increase in costs.

Because they see you as a risk? Surely paying £4k for your own insurance would make that very apparent...

If you expanded on why you need to drive the 182, it would probably help. Is it a friend's car, or family etc? If so, the simple method would be for them to put you on the policy as a named driver and you pay the required increase in costs.

Look up

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cant you add it as a temp car to your existing policy, i have my 182 on there atm ontop of my z4

Insure the 182 instead of the 172 for a couple of days - garage ins should cover your 172 whilst its being fixed.

My insurance want £100 admin fee to swap to the 182 and then £100 again when i want to swap back over to the 172 and apparently my current price im paying will almost definitely go up the bird from kwitfit said.

And not driving isnt a option

Looks like you're stuck then mate. Get lifts, use public transport, you know, the usual intelligent solutions.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Unde r21 it'll prob be only your insurer that will cover you. £200.00 isnt much imo.

Ibiza FR Edition
There are ways to hire a car under 21, as part of my job I have to attend traning schemes for which given the distance and time of day they begin public transport is not an option, one of my colleagues at another Branch is 18 and they hired a car for him, so it must technically be possible. Ring up and ask.

There are ways to hire a car under 21, as part of my job I have to attend traning schemes for which given the distance and time of day they begin public transport is not an option, one of my colleagues at another Branch is 18 and they hired a car for him, so it must technically be possible. Ring up and ask.

where did he hire it from? because entire prise wont touch you until your 23. most wont until your 25

Ibiza FR Edition
where did he hire it from? because entire prise wont touch you until your 23. most wont until your 25
I don't know I just remember thinking I wish I had been offered the chance of driving a hire car rather than having to use the 182 to get up there. Like I said though, he is 18 and I was surprised but clearly it is possible, and it can't have been extortinate as there were only two of them in the car, so I imagine it was cheaper than two London to Birmingham train tickets..

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Unde r21 it'll prob be only your insurer that will cover you. £200.00 isnt much imo.

£200 isnt much? you must be loaded then,

£200 for a 2-3 day cover is ridicolous, i payed to get cover for 4days recently and that was £44 with insure4aday, easy company to use,

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
£200 isnt much? you must be loaded then,

£200 for a 2-3 day cover is ridicolous, i payed to get cover for 4days recently and that was £44 with insure4aday, easy company to use,

Well not in my eyes. He's under 21. Hiring a car anywhere for two days will cost him that.

Suzuki Jimny
I'm 22 and I can't get day insurance on a 1.3 fiesta. Obviously it is much more dangerous than my 328.