ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help to choose Plasma TV

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hi, I'm looking to get a 37" or 42" plasma TV but I'm not sure which one to go for......

I've got about £800 to spend and was hoping to get a full HD one for this price? I've pretty much decided to go for a Panasonic or a Samsung, is Panasonic worth the extra money over a Samsung?

What models would you guys recommend?

Cheers
Ross

Clio 197 R27 Albi
Samsung any day, panasonic is good but Samsung are realy good for tvs.

why do you want a plasma? you not thought about getting lcd (get more for your money)

or even a new L E D tv. there a bit more though i think

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I was told that anything over 32" is better in Plasma, is this outdated info?

I would love to get LED but a bit out of my price range........i think it's £800 for a 32"?

usually where tv's are concerned everyone talks b****cks especially on here (there are a good one ore two though) get on avforums but dont discount lcd untill you have watched the sets recommended propperly

For the most part, the opinions you get on here will be little better than that of Terry Fuckwit from your local Currys.

Both LCD and plasma have advantages over one another. For pure natural image quality and realism of motion, as well as generally better blacks, you'd be better off with a plasma over LCD. LCD is probably better if you're more of a casual viewer, or find image retention annoying. LCD also doesn't suffer from phosphor trails. I don't see the phosphor trails anymore with my Panasonic, but I do sometimes see image retention in a darkened room. That said, I always notice the backlight on an LCD.

For me, plasma ticks more boxes. For others, LCD is better. Don't listen to people who just claim a blanket 'LCD is better'. Because they're wrong.

My advice would be to buy as big as you can afford.

If it's your first big tv, you'll be leaning back, arching your neck to get further back. In 6months you'll wish you bought a bigger one.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
lol @ regassing:rolleyes:

got a panasonic plasma, you really can't go wrong and will be happy for years to come:D

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Go see some sets properly setup in your loval hifi/av shop.

In store lighting in places like Comet always favours LCDs.

Also don't get sucked in by the vividness of LCDs, in your home in normal lighting it can look too much.

Try both technologies and see which you prefer, neither is better than the other at the end of the day it's what you like.

I went for a plasma as I preferred them and they suited the room conditions best.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I bought my plasma from Richer Sounds... go to your local one and talk to one of the sales guys, ridiculously knowledgeable most of em

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Cheers for all the advice guys, I'll have a look around at the different sets before buying but the Panasonic plasma looks pretty good.

Unfortunately there's no Richer Sounds in Aberdeen

don't
My lounge isn't that big, I bought a 37" Panasonic plasma a year ago and have been very very happy with it. Got a good deal online through littlewoods of all places, nice little discount code + more back from quidco

did alot of research on various forums and sites and the avforum and feel I made the right choice, i'm happy anyway which is all that matters

I'd heard that the plasma would respond better to sports like football/f1! was one of the reasons I went to plasma anyway