ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need help with speedline 2118 offset size

clio 182
hi i brought some 2118s but stupidly only checked the pcd, when they arrived after i spent £280 on a refurb i found the center bore size was wrong, ive sent them back to get the center bore machined to the right size but i called ktec and he said idealy the offset should be 38-42 but these have an offset of 32. will this cause me any problems and will they look like thy stick out to far because they should from what ktec have told me have another 6mm off them. what offset do clio speedlines normaly have? any help would be appreciated. thanks

clio 182
noticably far? will they still b behind the arches? i guess im just gona have to w8 and see what they fit like when i get them back. will it have any noticeable or negative effect on the handling or drive? cheers for all ur help

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
noticably far? will they still b behind the arches? i guess im just gona have to w8 and see what they fit like when i get them back. will it have any noticeable or negative effect on the handling or drive? cheers for all ur help

Not sure mate. The Palmersport ones at IIRC ET38 are the lowest 2118s I know of. These didn't fit over my 4 pots.

Where did you get the wheels from?

clio 182
this doesnt sound good, got them off ebay, they came off a suzuki swift rally car. the advert said they had great brake clearance but obviously i dont no if that means they will clear 182 callipers. how does the offset effect the clearance on the callipers because i would of thought the inside diameter of the wheel would be the same compared to other speedline 2118's. what have i got myself into haha!

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I suppose you'll have to wait and see! As long as they clear the calipers and don't stick out too far they'll be ok?
Can always go for a bit of a tyre stretch if they stick out too far? See if anyone is running these and spacers?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
this doesnt sound good, got them off ebay, they came off a suzuki swift rally car. the advert said they had great brake clearance but obviously i dont no if that means they will clear 182 callipers. how does the offset effect the clearance on the callipers because i would of thought the inside diameter of the wheel would be the same compared to other speedline 2118's. what have i got myself into haha!

They'll probably fit over the standard 1*2 brakes ok, It's just how much they'll stick out. You'll find out once you fit them I guess.

clio 182
thanks for all ur help guess its just gona b a case of crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. 10mm offset difference is a fair bit. learn something new everyday, atleast i will no for next time when i spend loads of money on wheels! cheers

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I get a little confused with offsets sometimes but from my understanding, caliper clearance eill be even better than the usual ET38 and ET43, so thats not a problem. The over is if they will stick out too far? I would say not as people put 10mm spacers on so I don't think it will look bad at all, might even look better than normal.

It will change the way the steering feels a bit and you might get some tyre scrubbing at very low speed but probably not too much. DO you know what material these are, I am under the impression you can get Magnesium ones that are often used on rally cars. People on hear say the mag ones are no good for road use but tbh I am not sure why.

Cheers,
Will