ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help with V6 Spoiler!!

Mini Cooper
As you might know, Ive bought Middos car off him!

Im collecting it tomoro, and am just after some help on the V6 Spoiler he has fitted!!

I know the tailgate doesnt open fully due to the size of the spoiler and the fact it catches on the roof!!

Ive been told there are ways to combat this, I can get some shortened struts made up, so I dont have to hold the boot to stop it opening fully, as the shortened struts will only alloy it to open just enough with the spoiler catching!! BVut ive also heard this is very costly as they have to be custom made!!

Ive also been told a cheaper and better alternative is to buy the bonnet struts sold on ebay, etc as they will do the same job just aswell and are cheaper!??

Anyone got any advise or a link to the item I need on ebay, etc would be ideal!!

Cheers

www.renparts.co.uk
As you might know, Ive bought Middos car off him!

Im collecting it tomoro, and am just after some help on the V6 Spoiler he has fitted!!

I know the tailgate doesnt open fully due to the size of the spoiler and the fact it catches on the roof!!

Ive been told there are ways to combat this, I can get some shortened struts made up, so I dont have to hold the boot to stop it opening fully, as the shortened struts will only alloy it to open just enough with the spoiler catching!! BVut ive also heard this is very costly as they have to be custom made!!

Ive also been told a cheaper and better alternative is to buy the bonnet struts sold on ebay, etc as they will do the same job just aswell and are cheaper!??

Anyone got any advise or a link to the item I need on ebay, etc would be ideal!!

Cheers

Cant you just fit the struts off a V6? theyre shortened..... copy down a V6/trophy reg and take it into your stealers and say you need a pair of boot struts. sure this would be easier.. although i feel it may be costly.