ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help !

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Alrighty ! on the way to school this morning in the pishing rain i battered through a meaty pothole giving me what i thought was a slow puncture i jacked it up and changed to the spair and took it into the garage when i got home to see this.

Iv no idea what the extent of the damage is , im pritty sure the tyre is intact and its just the bashed alloy. Can this alloy be repaired and what is it likely to cost. Also this is the b*****d which done it which was right on a bend.

'Berg Sold, Cupra-R
Potholes FTL, probably easier buying another second hand alloy of ebay or something for about 40 squids-ish?

Council for damages? Especially as you have photos... Is that possible or not worth the hassle?

That's a massive pothole and a sizeable dent it's made in your wheel!:(

I love Lamp
You will get fk all off the council no point really.

I'd go eBay or the for sale section here and get a new alloy myself mate

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Just got a picture of the location from google maps , they pictures of my wheel and more of the pothole to send with a letter to the council telling them i wish to claim the costs of a replacement alloy,funny thing is i never noticed till i got to school about 15 mins later there was any damage at all. Pritty gutted how fucked the alloy is , could i sell 3 with good tred somewhere and then buy 4 new alloys say 172's or something ?

RB One Eight Two
This happened to me a couple of years ago, in the dark, country lane BMW 6 series wouldn't get over, water laying in a massive pothole and bang. The tyre was fine as the alloy had bent like yours and just let all the air out. I took it to a local garage and and asked if they could do anything, they said we could try knocking it out with a hammer but it might crack, i said give it ago and it was fine luckily.