ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Negative and positive

I took out the original speakers only to find one pink wire and one yellowy colour wire with no labels, can any one tell me which is positive and which is negative as i am finding it hard to tell.

silver valver/hybrid

oh, thats what it was in the rt, just realised you have a 172 never messed with the wires in one of those.

If you know which of the cables connected to which terminal on the speaker then you can find out, though surely if this was the case the speaker would be labelled?

Take 2 runs of cable and attach them to the speaker terminals (one to each), then take a 9V battery (the square one) and touch the two cables to the battery terminals, the speaker will pop, and if it pops "out" then the positive battery terminal is connected to the positive speaker, if it pops "in" then it is the wrong way round...dunnoif thatll help you.

Otherwise check out a Haynes Manual.

Are your changing your head unit too, if so you want to change the speaker cables for some decent stuff plus this way you can leave the original wiring alone for when you refit the old head unit

Its ok now all sorted, even the back one where different colours to make it even more confusing my brother made his own multi meter and all seems pumping now. thanks

Its ok now all sorted, even the back one were different colours to make it even more confusing.
my brother made his own multi meter and all seems pumping now. thanks