ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neighbour's camera's

Too much money? Yes.

Three Canon 5Ds Mk2, a large selection of lenses, have nabbed some photos from her recent trips to Africa, Churchill (Polar bears), Chimps and Gorillas.

What are most people running on here, camera body wise?

Suzuki Ignis
Sounds like she does it for a living tbh.

I have D200, D50 as back up.
Nikon 80-200 f2.8
Nikon 17-55 f2.8 (sharpest lens I have, tiz a beast)
Tokina 12-24 f4
Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Plus others but those are used the most.

Nikon D200
(recently sold my D70s)
Nikon 18-200VR
Nikon 60mm Macro
Nikon 12-24mm
Nikon 24-70mm <-- Best lens ever!
Sigma 100-300mm
SB-800
Loads of other crap!

Not really too much money, does he do it for a living?

Cupra
3x 5DmkII's = one lucky barsteward!

There is a nice thread with most peoples kit in it. Lots of people here have upgraded recently though.

Too much money? Yes.

Three Canon 5Ds Mk2, a large selection of lenses, have nabbed some photos from her recent trips to Africa, Churchill (Polar bears), Chimps and Gorillas.

What are most people running on here, camera body wise?
Does she have a boyfriend?

Does she want one?? lol

LY 182 FF CUPPED
new job in 6 weeks.

2 x D3 bodies
full lens kit ( 12 -300mm)
2 x SB 900's
Laptop

sounds Gucci....but the job is going to turn me grey!!!

Fiesta ST3
my kit list

Canon 40D
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon EF1.4X II
Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

You got a new camera JJ? You seems to have a new one every month lol.

Sold the D60 to save for a D90 or something a bit more pro, then the car broke and cot £900 to fix so that idea is on hold for the time being, so the olympus was bought for me and the other half to share whilst I try to save again, and its quite a fun little thing to use!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Yes still in the Army, but moving from surveillance to Media Ops.

Based in Wilton, near Salisbury - we are the Army's main press phots.
I will be going on regular Afghan visits, and various other short visits around the world.
Its is only a small unit consisting of 3 phots, and 2 video ops - with an emphasis on documenting day to day life in the Army.

Everything taken is archived in the Imperial War museum - but also pushed out to the press daily.

.........so yes it sounds like I will be having a jet set lifestyle, but it will turn me grey with stress I am sure.

the job is for 3 years.

A red missile
Current Kit
Canon EOS 300D - backup
Canon EOS 30D
Canon EF 24-105mm L IS USM
Canon 100-400mm L IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon Speedlight 550EX

+Loads of other bits

It all doesnt get used enough!

Fiat Panda 100hp

I will be going on regular Afghan visits, and various other short visits around the world.
Its is only a small unit consisting of 3 phots, and 2 video ops - with an emphasis on documenting day to day life in the Army.

Everything taken is archived in the Imperial War museum - but also pushed out to the press daily.

.........so yes it sounds like I will be having a jet set lifestyle, but it will turn me grey with stress I am sure.

the job is for 3 years.

Sounds awesome mate, would love to be doing that.

Cupra

the job is for 3 years.

Sounds like an awesome assignment, congrats! If you are allowed to post some of your shots once in a while, please do!

Current Kit
Canon EOS 300D - backup
Canon EOS 30D
Canon EF 24-105mm L IS USM
Canon 100-400mm L IS USM
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon Speedlight 550EX

+Loads of other bits

It all doesnt get used enough!

How do you find the 100-400? I was looking at trading my 70-200 in for one as I really want more reach.

A red missile
How do you find the 100-400? I was looking at trading my 70-200 in for one as I really want more reach.

Like it a lot, a lot of people are put off by the push-pull thing, theres lots of talk about it dragging dust into the lens, but to be honest I cant say its been a problem even when I was using it out in Africa.

Its autofocus is fast and the IS easily allows you to hand hold at 400mm without any problems, sharpness drops off slightly at the edges in the first and last 50mm both ends but you would have to be looking hard to spot it.

Overall I think its a capable lens thats worth consideration, it will never be as good as a 400mm prime but I personally think the trade off is acceptable. Being Canon and that red 'L' means it's not cheap, the cheapest price on camera price buster is actually more than I paid 4 years ago.

Cupra
Thanks for the info. The prime would not be useful enough to me, i need the flexibility of the zoom. Is it fairly heavy to hold after a while or is it do-able?

I was also looking at the sigma alternatives but quite like having a big white pole on the end of my camera so will probably stick with Canon.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Canon 50D
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EF 17-85mm IS USM
Canon 350d backup + kit Lens

A red missile
Thanks for the info. The prime would not be useful enough to me, i need the flexibility of the zoom. Is it fairly heavy to hold after a while or is it do-able?

I was also looking at the sigma alternatives but quite like having a big white pole on the end of my camera so will probably stick with Canon.

I wouldn't say its too heavy, around 1.4kg so using it for extanded periods shouldn't be a problem. I looked at the Sigma 50-500 before I bought, theres always fierce debate on the camera forums as to which is best, truth is - the Canon blows it away, over on the Warehouse express forum, Andy Rouse contributes and he was quite blunt when the debate started up there......

The quality of the 100-400 plus the IS capability makes this a total winner in this race. I have seen images from the Sigma at the 500 end and they are not that sharp

The Sigma is a couple of hundred quid cheaper, but the kind of comment above put me right off - oh and its half a kilo heavier as well so Canon all the way :)

Bottom line is the L series glass is a cut above, theres plenty of people on CS using them and i'll bet large sums that they all agree with that statement.

Cupra
It looks like it'll be the 100-400 then. :D

I agree with your Lcoholic sentiments. I also have the 24-105 & 70-200 and the build quality and image quality are a cut above some of the others.

only thing you have to remember about the 100-400 is its a slow aperture lens so in lowish light it can have problems focusing

Nimbus 197
Just starting out with SLRs, but so far:
Sony Alpha A200
18-70 kit lens
70-210 tokina
28-80 tokina
50mm 1.7 Minolta prime
28mm 2.8 Minolta prime
filters tripod etc

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
You asked :)

Camera Bodies
Canon EOS 1D Classic
Canon EOS 5D & Canon BG-E4
Canon EOS 1
Canon EOS 650

Zoom Lenses

Sigma 12-24 EX DG f/4.5-5.6
Canon EF 35-70 f/3.5-f/4.5
Canon EF 35-135 f/4.0-f/5.6
Canon EF 17-40 f4L USM
Sigma 17-35 EX DG f/2.8-f/4 HSM

Prime Lenses

Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
Canon EF 135 f/2L USM
Canon EF 300 f/4L USM

Flashguns
430EX Speedlite
430EZ Speedlite
580EX II Speedlite
300EZ Speedlite

Power
Quantum Turbo

Supports
Manfrotto 458B Tripod
Manfrotto 679C Monopod
Manfrotto 322RC2 Joystick Head

Memory
2GB Sandisk Ulta II
4GB Sandisk Extreme III
4GB Sandisk Extreme III

Filters
Cokin P 82mm Filter Ring
Cokin P 77mm Filter Ring
Cokin P ND Graduated Filter
Cokin P Blue Graduated Filter

Other
4Gb Apple iPod Nano
4GB Asus EeePC
Compaq Presario v5400
Sony Ericsson W910i
Pro Mount SM8 Car Rig

A red missile
You asked :)

Camera Bodies
Canon EOS 1D Classic
Canon EOS 5D & Canon BG-E4
Canon EOS 1
Canon EOS 650

Zoom Lenses

Sigma 12-24 EX DG f/4.5-5.6
Canon EF 35-70 f/3.5-f/4.5
Canon EF 35-135 f/4.0-f/5.6
Canon EF 17-40 f4L USM
Sigma 17-35 EX DG f/2.8-f/4 HSM

Prime Lenses

Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
Canon EF 135 f/2L USM
Canon EF 300 f/4L USM

Flashguns
430EX Speedlite
430EZ Speedlite
580EX II Speedlite
300EZ Speedlite

Power
Quantum Turbo

Supports
Manfrotto 458B Tripod
Manfrotto 679C Monopod
Manfrotto 322RC2 Joystick Head

Memory
2GB Sandisk Ulta II
4GB Sandisk Extreme III
4GB Sandisk Extreme III

Filters
Cokin P 82mm Filter Ring
Cokin P 77mm Filter Ring
Cokin P ND Graduated Filter
Cokin P Blue Graduated Filter

Other
4Gb Apple iPod Nano
4GB Asus EeePC
Compaq Presario v5400
Sony Ericsson W910i
Pro Mount SM8 Car Rig

brb, fapping ;)

thats a serious stack of quality equipment mate - very nice.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
brb, fapping ;)

thats a serious stack of quality equipment mate - very nice.
LOL! Its been a serious saving attempt but there is always something else you need when you get serious. :(

Even as a hobby, I love it to bits. :)

A red missile
f**k me!, its only a hobby, when I read that list I assumed you were doing it for a living. I'd say you were slightly more than serious on that basis, I thought i'd lost the plot shelling out £1200 on a lens, but you've gone to a whole new level ;)

I'm in awe frankly.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
LOL! Well it has started as a hobby but im slowly pushing it this year as a business. Lot of car work planned this year and since its attracting the modded rides, it means I never have the same car to snap away at.

Its been a hobby I want to take further. :)