ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nervous or what!

Been waiting since september for my locking wheel nut key, so had a real moan today to the aftersales manager and as a result the locking key coming from Italy (more like mars!)has been cancelled and renault tomorrow are going to chisel of my locking wheel nuts and replace them with a new set with a key this time! Fingers crossed the alloys wont get to damaged! I mite attempt to get my service book tomorrow as well! :(

Depends if youre using a proper engineers stellite or tin coated drill bit, or a Halfords HSS special, mate. Its just high tensile steel. Perfectly drillable with the right tools.

wouldnt worry bout it, sure there wont be a proble, , but surely if they feck your alloy up its there problem? just make sure you check em all first so that they cant come back with it was already like that

matt

RB 182

My brother got a tool from Halfords that removes the locking wheel nuts (not reuseable) for just over a tenner i believe.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by damocup on 11 January 2005

You sound like a couple of alloy burglaring pros haha :D .

rofl, ssssh keep it hush.

lol, when u get the car jus check inside the holes, if they have damaged em, they more than likely will have just rubbed em down with sandpaper a bit n sprayed inside the actual hole, (save refurbin the alloy),

run your finger inside if they admit theyve painted inside. if its a very rough finish theres hardly any laquer on there (or non - just aerosol silver). if its nice n smooth, theyve done it properly!

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner

I had that done to mine when i brought it, and was fine.

I was v nervous at the time, but heard that the wait from Italy was terrible.

All will be fine.

oh dear got car back and three wheels have slight damage in the holes they removed the wheels from!!! where do I stand? I think they should replace them, after all they said there would be no damage and there is!

They will probably tell me like the locking wheel nut key delivery is 8weeks for wheels! wonder if they will let me keep the damaged ones?! anybody need a spare! let you know how I get on!

yep new wheels for you on their buget mate

they said they wouldnt damage them they have, simple.

they will corode if they have damaged the laquer why should you suffer?

If needs be, show them this thread. Ive been an engineer since I was 16...I know how to extract studs/bolts from tapped holes. Chisel my arse hole :cry:

cheers lads. Ive had nothing but bad news with this car as much as I love the clio I would never buy a renault again, Ive just had problem after problem!

It was pitch black probably turned the lights off on purpose! Got back home and put the torch on them and saw the bad news!

133/225/CLS AMG

That is so sh!tty! I hope you get the wheels replaced at their cost. Its sad that whenever you take your car to a dealer your are paranoid that they will damage your car.

Im still waiting for interior trim that they scratched fixing the seat. It really is only the dealers that put me off owning another Renault!!!! :(

ex Clio 172 owner :(

A garage lost my locking nut key but got the nuts off using a socket with reverse thread. Its slightly bigger than the nut. They gently hammer it on and turn the socket anti clockwise but as they do it tightens itself onto the nut and in turn loosens the nut. Didnt damage alloy either.

350Z Roadster+Oil Burner

Damocup - Dont worry about it, i had the same problem with mine. They drilled them out, and replaced them.

No problems and no marks.