ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netflix comes to UK in 2012

Citroen DS3 DSport
Lovefilm are fighting back with new content and £4.99 per month for unlimited streaming.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Trouble is the lovefilm vod delivery system is s**t. And no atv2 support.

RIP Dan
Yep, can't wait to see how things develop over the next year or so.

They are installing a Gigabit fibre to the home here now, loads of moaners say "You won't need it, £50 per month is really expensive"

These are the same morons who pay Sky £50 pm and said 56K was enough for home use.

Streaming and gigabit BB will be the future and couldn't be coming sooner for me, just need some decent content.

If the content was top notch, so tv shows the day after they air and movies when they were released on DVD.

I would subscribe instantly.

Well I like it. Spent this morning catching up on Inbetweeners episodes I've missed.

Havent had a thorough look, but it seems like there's loads to watch. I couldnt care less that a film released five minutes ago isnt available, as long as there's something to quickly put on when I'm bored I'm not mithered.

Rav4
Yep, can't wait to see how things develop over the next year or so.

They are installing a Gigabit fibre to the home here now, loads of moaners say "You won't need it, £50 per month is really expensive"

These are the same morons who pay Sky £50 pm and said 56K was enough for home use.

Streaming and gigabit BB will be the future and couldn't be coming sooner for me, just need some decent content.

£50 a lot of money, if you are paying Sky and everything else on top of that, but for smarter people like you, it isn't.

I too, am not the biggest fan of SKY and believe that media over BB is the way to go, specially as things improve.

Netflix and Lovefilm are really kicking it off, I think LoveFilm at the moment has the slight edge, as it also provides physical DVD's, but as it's stated by everyone, content is key.

Physical DVD's is too 90's though. If you suggest a film to me now, then I have to add it to my list, wait for whatever I've currently got to go back, then it's lucky dip what you get next when the postman delivers it.

'Revels, watch Goats And Hoes' so I get home, click a few buttons and it starts playing. A much better service.

Rav4
Physical DVD's is too 90's though. If you suggest a film to me now, then I have to add it to my list, wait for whatever I've currently got to go back, then it's lucky dip what you get next when the postman delivers it.

'Revels, watch Goats And Hoes' so I get home, click a few buttons and it starts playing. A much better service.

I see where you are coming from, but sometimes people want to rip those dvd's/BR's and add them to their collection on their NAS then stream it locally via plex or whatever else. But you're right, digital content is the way to go.

Audi S1
I see where you are coming from, but sometimes people want to rip those dvd's/BR's and add them to their collection on their NAS then stream it locally via plex or whatever else. But you're right, digital content is the way to go.

My collection is all online based. I've not burnt anything onto a CD in years!

Rav4
I'll be sorting a NAS out once I can get a decent Internet connection.

When you do, don't do the mistake I did of trying to go for the highest spec I could price wise, without looking at real reviews.

My ReadyNas is great, dual NIC's, good processor, good RAM blah blah blah, but it's bloody loud ! Even changing the fan, it's still very loud.

Do some good research. Depending on your level of RAID, you can get some fanless products out there :)

Synology / QNAP and ReadyNas are the three i'd look at.

G.

RIP Dan
What happens if one of those numpty BT engineers break your local exchange? You can't watch anything of your collection :)

Very unlikely to happen if you are paying £50+ for the service. Obviously you know about this but engineers poking around a frame of copper wires and dissing a few subs is on its way out already. The Industry has changed immensely even in the 2 years I have been out of it.

They are going to offer content based stuff here, what I want is to be able to say, "Its Saturday night and I want to watch the latest Blockbuster (or original Rocky etc) then pay £3 and click my fingers and its ready.

This is the future and it will happen sooner than people think. The newest Next Generation Switches the Telcos are using offer this and more.

Sky will have to do something, or maybe just sort out their fcuking awful customer service and content.

TV has changed so much though. Unless it's something that is key to watching live, like football, then I rarely watch anything when they decide.

All the things I want to watch are set to series link. I'll watch them whenever I choose. That's the future. On-demand etc.

The film and tv industry just needs to be sat down and a deal needs to be sorted as was the case with Jobs and music execs. Maybe the only company that has the power to do it would be Apple. It's time for them all to embrace providing content through the web and not be scared of piracy like they currently are.

A lot of "pirates" (myself included) happily pay for monthly access to certain places that host this content in a way that can be accessed very quickly with no DRM across multiple devices. I don't care where my 9 euros a month goes just as long I can get the newest stuff at high speed and, most importantly, play it on all of my gadgets not just 1.

Ph 1 172
To be honest compared to the lovefilm I think it's fantastic, I think it has good content considering its a brand new service in the uk and haven't Netflix just paid some serious $$$$$$$ to get loads more film companies latest releases I was reading about it the other day. Also go through the a-z of the search bar as not all films and program's are listed in the genre's

Citroen DS3 DSport
I signed up for the Netflix trial and it's nowhere near as bad as I feared. Plenty of TV series there I've never watched and I'd pay for access to those.

It's reet good. People just love an excuse to moan.

It totally shows up LoveFilm's weak streaming selection, even if there's still not 8 billion films there.

Only thing is it's a bit poo on Apple TV, PS3 pisses all over it.

RIP Dan
Not really moaning but it didn't look that good content wise.....explain reet good??

Gutted its a bit poo on Apple TV, I may sign up for the trial to see whats its like.

Rav4
Very unlikely to happen if you are paying £50+ for the service. Obviously you know about this but engineers poking around a frame of copper wires and dissing a few subs is on its way out already. The Industry has changed immensely even in the 2 years I have been out of it.

They are going to offer content based stuff here, what I want is to be able to say, "Its Saturday night and I want to watch the latest Blockbuster (or original Rocky etc) then pay £3 and click my fingers and its ready.

This is the future and it will happen sooner than people think. The newest Next Generation Switches the Telcos are using offer this and more.

Sky will have to do something, or maybe just sort out their fcuking awful customer service and content.

We pay 8k for our business internet one of our offices, and a BT engineer pulled out the cable at the exchange. This has happened to us in various offices through various providers over the last 5 years I have been there. It does happen :)

It's reet good. People just love an excuse to moan.

It totally shows up LoveFilm's weak streaming selection, even if there's still not 8 billion films there.

Only thing is it's a bit poo on Apple TV, PS3 pisses all over it.

Why is it poo on the ATV, surely should be the same in regards to the presentation of the media as a PS3........

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Only 14k? Is it an ADSL line? :p

BT severed through our fiber links in the London office, both of them

That was an interesting day (they have different f**king entry points in the building, I've no idea how that managed to break both)

Rav4
Only 14k? Is it an ADSL line? :p

BT severed through our fiber links in the London office, both of them

That was an interesting day (they have different f**king entry points in the building, I've no idea how that managed to break both)

It's an SHDSL line :) (effectively a leased line) we are looking to change to a different provider, so I can get all the offices using the same ISP, but can't afford an MPLS as it's stupidly expensive and don't like the standard setup.

Am I being really dense or something?

I cannot find this on my Playstation.

Everything I've read says the app will be in the what's new bit on the Playstation store, not there for me nor can I find it doing a search.

Last edited:
  RIP Dan
You accessing Netflix uk through the internet menu on ATV or Plex/XMBC plugin?

I have got a login and can view on my iMac but when I try the plugin through Plex it doesn't work and through the internet menu on ATV it asks me to sign in then just says not working come back later.