ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEVER EVER BUY AMBI PUR CAR FRESHNERS

I purchased a ambi pur car air freshner on the bank holiday, i fitted it to the car air vents late that evening. The next morning i entered my 182 only to find the device has leaked over my standard cd and air con/ climate faces. It reacted to the grey plastic trim like paint stripper. Im not happy at all, They must of tested this product before selling it.

I have emailed my complaint to them, what do you think my chances of them paying to correct this????

NEVER BUY AMBI PUR CAR FRESHNERS EVER.

C32 AMG Estate
Your not the only one ! I had a Tesco's own liquid air freshner leak all over the central air vents in my 225 and the exact same thing happened ! Made a huge complaint to them, but had no joy I'm afraid !! Cost me over a ton to replace it ! You soon learn ! Ive never used a liquid air freshner since !

Mustang, S13, AX GT
really? I have ambi-pur in mine because it smells nice :approve: Might have to go back to magic tree...

never had a problem with mine id did have the old style with the twisty adjustment fall off but the rentangle ones fine :S

i wont use refills on them granted id have a complete new unit

Sorry to hear of your bad experience big j, i've got one in my 182 which used to be in my van and never had a problem.

cheers stu

They're just full of oestrogen-mimicking chemicals that turn you sterile and grow breasts!*

*note: this may be untrue, but I'm sure the man-made chemicals you're breathing into your lungs and into your bloodstream must be doing some damage.

Look boys,

After the day im having, im not really interested in which f**king air freshners are the best. It justs takes me back to school playground with comments like ""my dad is harder than your dad"" crap..

i Just wanna know that people who have had this experience and the companies have compensated them.

TRUST ME GET RID OF LIQUID AIR VENT FRESHNERS

172cup
Look boys,

After the day im having, im not really interested in which f**king air freshners are the best. It justs takes me back to school playground with comments like ""my dad is harder than your dad"" crap..

i Just wanna know that people who have had this experience and the companies have compensated them.

berk

RB 182 Cup
chill out mate, tbh if they leaked in everybodys cars and ruined them, im pretty sure they would have stopped selling them. You just got a dud big deal, stop trying to start a anti liquid air freshner campagne....

fair enough, but when youve had your motor from new and look after it...little things like this piss me off..

Abit like d.browns post... prick!!!!!!

?
fair enough, but when youve had your motor from new and look after it...little things like this piss me off..

Abit like d.browns post... prick!!!!!!

Thats not nice.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.. but worse s**t has happened to better people dude. chill out.

Berk.

SLK 350
I had exactly the same thing happen last year after buying an Ambi-Pur freshener and managing to hang it upside down on the vent (my fault for doing it in the dark I guess).

Anyway suffice to say I suffered the same consequence, it bubbled up on the centre console and ruined the soft touch by stripping off portions of it around the cd player/climate/vents/switchgear.

I was pretty fking pissed off that a £5 air freshener could seemingly rival Nitro-Mors and strip my dash. Got it all cleaned up, dusted myself off and just did as best job I could of covering it up. Then forgot about it...but indeed it did really fk me off.

What I fancied doing at the time was taking out the dash and having the centre piece professionally sprayed to match the car (Iceberg), but never did it in the end, although IMO if done properly it would look great.

Can't offer you anything more than that, I didn't complain as I figured it was my fault and basically they'd have just fobbed me off.

EDIT - Will you bitches stop being so arsey, the guys pi$$ed off and having been through the same I can sympathise - but give the guy a break.

172cup
untitled-1.gif

lmfao quality... i love the kids on this site

172cup
considering he hasn't even paid up as a member, and has an input rate of 0.09 posts per day

... he's clearly a worthwhile addition to cliosport

ok d.brown you win i better leave the site now, knowing your the administrator of this site.

im really sorry for calling you a prick

Thanks to the rest who replied seriously

172 Cup (Iceberg)
I had one leak on me a few years back. Well it didn't leak the glass bit actually just fell off. It didn't do any damage but i stopped using them. If you must use them i would suggest placing it on one of the vents on either side and not in the middle.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Could just be the cheap French plastic to be fair. I've seen a big 'ambi pure spillage' in a Merc and it didn't cause any problems.

seen it in my dads focus only last week, keep unit, write a letter of claim to manufacturer as being there goods are not fit for purpose sold, i actually work for the manufacturers insurers so limited with what can say but can give you a few pointers!

172cup
dunno why i am advising this r****d... but what the hell..

they definately SHOULD pay something out. statutory rights come in to play beautifully. I work for a huge food manufacturer putting into all the leading supermarkets... and we have to pay out A LOT of money to the people who complain about our products... regardless of how much bullshit it actually is.

One woman complained that our ravioli wouldn't fit in her childs mouth... got money (won't say how much)... and one guy complained that his kid knocked his spag bol onto his high chair... and it stained it... (got money for that too!!!!)

If you've got proof that their unit leaked, and stripped whatever from your car... they HAVE to compensate. Also worth mentioning in your letter that you are contemplating contacting your local Trading Standards authority... that will get the results.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Look boys,

seriously? because my dad is like, hard as f**k :quiet:

chill out mate, I can understand you being p*ssed about your dash but no-one was being serious on their replies it was just a bit of a giggle.

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
i used to work in a shop that sold these, and it does happen, its for that reason ive never put one in my own car

I'd never want to fill my car with a synthetic chemical I'm going to be breathing in for all the time I'm sat in it :S

I have the petrol fumes for that LoL