ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 owner saying hello

Ph1 172
hello everyone

Just a quick post to say hello bought a ph1 172 3 weeks ago now and am absolutly loving it. I came from a 106 rallye to buy this and am not regreting the decision at all. The car came with a K a N, powerflow exhaust and gay lexus lights already fitted. I fitted some silvatecs this morning and crystal side repeaters can't believe the difference. Future mods in the next couple of months include:

-led or ph2 rear lights
-ph2 side strips and colour coding
-40mm drop
-Uprated front disks and pads
-front splitter of some kind

Once these are complete its just a case of keeping my eye out for a ph2 rear bumper and cup spoiler then choosing the right wheels don't want to look the same as every1 else but go to be right. Heres a couple of pics of the beast and the old rallye:

172front-side.gif

172rearside.gif

rallyemsn.gif

cheers jay

Nas

Eunos Roadster
very nice looking cars youv got there, have you removed the fog lights on u'r 172??

Ph1 172
That was a question I was going to ask actually don't know why it has not got any! Not had the plates off to see if the wirings there only thing I can think of is someones broken them and took the cheap option!!

That was a question I was going to ask actually don't know why it has not got any! Not had the plates off to see if the wirings there only thing I can think of is someones broken them and took the cheap option!!

Some times they're removed to route a cold air feed through one of them - nearside usually has the feed IIRC

Ph1 172
Some times they're removed to route a cold air feed through one of them - nearside usually has the feed IIRC

Would make sense maybe would be a future mod to fit air feed trumpets into either side seen a couple of pics on the site with this done looks good

172cup
Hello pal I ve just bought a 172 mark 2 and burnt of some bmw drive in a 320 this morning should have seen his face!!

Ph1 172
thanks guys the pug was awsome apart from the reliability!with -50mm adjustables,upper and lower braces,big brakes,no power steering and 120hp it was great fun!im sure i will have as much fun in the clio tho i hope anyway!!

just fitted some silvatecs to the rear lights look slightly better probs still gona have to go tho!

Welcome mate :)

Aye, rear lights should go I'm afraid! I quite like the front end without the fogs TBH. But that Pug looked perfect, great choice of wheel for it IMO.

How about colour coding the side bumpstrips and door handles?

Ph1 172
thats on the 2 do list phase 2 door strips instead tho. I do miss the pug but was time for a change and a 106gti would have been to obvious and not much improvement

BG182®
welcome m8. lovly lookin cars. really like the rallye too. quite rare aint they? is is a 1.3i or a 1.6. ma m8 has the 1.3 and it really nippy at the least.

Ph1 172
yeah very rare only made 500 of this shape in this country, 250 in blue so hard to get hold of. The 1.3 is mental u have to rev the nuts off it tho in every gear to see any performance.This is the 1.6 8v version all the power was at 5k+ when it came on cam thats why the bloody thing used to break down all the time i think was great fun tho!!

mccabe172 " Hello pal I ve just bought a 172 mark 2 and burnt of some bmw drive in a 320 this morning should have seen his face!!"

Oh my, shouldn't you look for something that's easy meat. OMG less power and a s**t load more weight. Look to a 330 (not newest model)