ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW 182 ----0-60 in 6.6

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Evo landed on the doormat this morning and in it is the 182(with stripes)and it gets to go up againnst the CTR,cooper s,focus, and 206 180 and it beats them all

They claim it is an intensified version of the cup because it has and i quote

"Dark anthracite alloys identify this 182 as having the optional cup chassis which means bespoke michelin exalto 2 tyres(m3 csl)with stiffer sidewalls,a 3mm lower ride hight and stiffer springs and dampers than even those fitted to the 172 cup"

I must say it looks stunning in that blue and the stripes are growing on me and the best bit of all was the 0-60 of 6.6 which puts it right up there and moves the game on.The new and improved ctr posted 6.8 as its best times for 60 .

And 30-50 and 50-70mph the clio wins again against the new ctr but only by a few tenths in each catagory.

They finish by sayingthat the clio is sensational and that the very best of hot hatches has an edge that intensifies the experience.

quote""The R5 turbo ,peugeot 205gti and clio williams all had it and now so does the 182...Best hot hatch ever?? you wont find me arguing""

That is a great write up for the clio i think and whoever has one on order should be very happy indeed.(now wheres my cheque book)

Regards,ian

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

:D

Still not sure on that time. but lets wait for the real roadtest

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 01 March 2004

:D

Still not sure on that time. but lets wait for the real roadtest
They use all the same stuff as autocar and they can drive too and they drive real cars only not stuff like turbo diesel protons and big citoen picassos lol

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 01 March 2004

Autocar.

oh and my little trip to millbrook.

You trying to say its going to go quicker than 6.6?

You have to remember the CTR needs a gear change to get to 60, so 6.8 is very impressive. What were the 0-100 times?

dk

911 GTS Cab

im not taking the p1ss, its just everywhere I have seen the CUp time it was 6.6? Im just asking for a confirmation rather than starting a rhumble in the jungle!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ian 172, are they talking about the Focus RS ? I would have thought the RS would kill a 182 0-100 ? and the RS isnt to shabby going round bends too.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Us fatties in the mk2 172 only count 0-30 cause it takes our lardy car sooooo long to get there...

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 01 March 2004

im not taking the p1ss, its just everywhere I have seen the CUp time it was 6.6? Im just asking for a confirmation rather than starting a rhumble in the jungle!
sorry pal it wasnt aimed at u, just thought it might start a whole "mines faster" debate. lol

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 01 March 2004

What is the time for the MKII 172 then ?
6.9... ish depends on the car... If mine was any slower than 7 secs I would be very surprised..... Most mags quote 7.1...... so who knows!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 01 March 2004

ian 172, are they talking about the Focus RS ? I would have thought the RS would kill a 182 0-100 ? and the RS isnt to shabby going round bends too.
no mate ,they are in the ST170 and to be honest it looks like a tdci against this lot.

Regards,ian

Sounds like the Cup has met its match if the above is correct!!!

And a 182 driver is gonna be doing the cup thing with all the toys to play with too!!

Good job I sold mine when I did - those residuals might be about to plummet if its as good as they say it is!!! Still cant see it feeling quite as nimble and chuck-aboutable as the cup myself, due to the increase in weight - I know the extra power sort of offsets that a bit but hmmmmm.

Test drive needed methinks.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The clio also comes in that gorgeous blue and to evo it evokes memories of the renault 8 gordini and ligier F1 cars,also why does everyone jump straight onto the 0-60 debate,what a load of crap.Why has knowone mentioned that it beat the ctr they had there or the fact that its got stiffer springs and dampers and that the castor angle has been increased by 3 degrees,

So on this 1000 mile example it posts 60 in 6.6,what will it do when its run in . And as for the better suspension ,well ill leave that up to you to work out for yourselves.

ian

dk

911 GTS Cab

im amazed it beat the ctr, that always wins these tests. I am also glad I went for Racing blue, it has turned out very nice and Im glad I took the risk. I am just debating whether to have the white stripes added?

I was originally deciding between a ctr and the 172 and then the 182 so I am glad of this result as it seems like I have taken the right decision!

Cant wait till next week, this 7 days is going to be hell with loads of other having theirs today!

Just read the article, great! Really want one now..i like the racing stripes!

Cant really see people finding much diff from a 172/Cup in a short test drive surely?

-Rob

Whats the power to weight ratio of a 180 hp Cup? Is it 176? How do you work it out Jon?

Is it 180 divided by 1.021 = 176?

172, Tiguan

lol, power over weight. Cant remember the exact weight of either, just remembered. Im sure - give it about 5 seconds somebody will post the exact figures.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

the cup has 171bhp/ton as standard

the 182 has 168 bhp/ton as standard

The cup does 100 in 17.7

The 182 does 100 in 17.5!!!!!!!

The cup has 170 bhp at6250rpm

The 182 has 180 at 6500

The 182 has more low down grunt.The cup has147/5400lbft/rpm

The 182 has 148/5250..

Cheers Ian, cant wait to see what the 182s do up the strip tho. We need a Scottish memeber to get one so we can have a meet, mark 1 172, mark 2 172, Cup, V6 mark 2 and 182!

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 01 March 2004

And 30-50 and 50-70mph the clio wins again against the new ctr but only by a few tenths in each catagory.
Its the other way round mate ;)

182 very impressive tho! I wish I could afford to have them both (wheres the g/f when you need her!)