ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW 182 ----0-60 in 6.6

Tappd'd RS

or cry when youve just bought a UK one! :cry:

Why do us brits always get the raw deal ?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 01 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 01 March 2004

lol! took me a minute to figure out ATR - Accord Type R - doh!

EVO recon its down to price that it doesnt have one - dunno?

Not really, as the JDM CTR is cheaper than the UK one and comes with more stuff i.e lsd. Makes you laugh when they are both built in the same factory.

And it has more power 220bhp!!!!! And it has recaro seats!!!! :(

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The one i like is when renault build all there cars abroad and then only some are u.k and some are imports

Also the way you buy an import for £12000 and a u.k for £14800 and then they tell you that if you have an import it will affect your warranty,there the same car for christs sake

But as long as daft people keep buying them from dealers theyll keep riping us off.Too many people listen to there crap about knowone wanting to buy them later and its almost like they try to make them sound inferior to the same car in the production line...fair trade me thinks not:mad:

Cup 172

Quote: Originally posted by B@llsie on 01 March 2004

cheers, those anthracite wheels are really growing on me. Nice with the racing blue paint too, although yellow is really nice too as is black/gold - just how did you guys choose! It was easy with the cup - mondial blue or eh ... mondial blue. Civic had to be Cosmic Grey tho!

Or.. er...Iceberg Silver;)

Tappd'd RS

fraid not, I got a fairly early(ish) one April 2003 and there was no option of Iceberg at that time!

Ive just went and looked out my old copy of EVO(feb 2000)where they tested the mk1 172 and ford racing pooma.After i had bought this mag i ordered my first 172.

EVO Test Febuary 2000 Mk 1 172

0-60 6.6 secs

30-50 4.4 secs

50-70 4.2 secs

Well evo give the following:

V6 MK2 0-60 5.5 sec

182 0-60 6.6 sec

Cup 0-60 6.5 sec

172 MK1 0-60 6.6 sec

Williams 0-60 7.7 sec, top speed 121 mph

That means the Williams is as slow to 60 compared to the 182 / 172 / cup as the 182 / 172 / cup are to the V6:p (according to EVO)

And where did 121 MPH top speed for the Williams come from? It should be 134

On the repeat of 5th gear last night on Home+Leisure Tiff said the mk2 V6 did 5.5 as well,but hes known to twist the truth;)

I get the impression that the figures they quote arnt actually tested atall, but borrowed from previous tests / magazines / industry figures / made up. I know they quoted my car as 7.7 0-60 with a top speed of 121 MPH, yet i know they never tested it. Those figures probably came from the Williams brochure, or a call to an expert. Also i bet they dont test the 0-60 of the cars at kerb weight, which is what Renault do for official figures. I think that with a full tank of fuel my Williams may be closer to 7.7 that Renault quote. I also think the 7.1 quoted by Renault for the 182 is probably right if we are talking kerb weight. My figures at kerb weight for the following cars would be (estimate):

V6 MK2 - 5.8 to 5.9

Cup - 6.9 to 7

182 - 7 to 7.1

172 - 7.1 to 7.4 (depending on MK1 or Mk2)

Williams - 7.5 to 7.7

I think someone should do a road test for ALL of these cars and post it for the forum here, that would put all this crap to an end once and for all. Same driver for all cars and some bit of road/track with normal kerb weight and weather conditions etc.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I once got an AP-22 and took a mk1 172, a mk2 172, a Cup and a mk1 V6 for some performance testing...

There wasnt a lot between them all, especially on the road from point-to-point, so a lot depends on the driver!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 03 March 2004

Wasnt the mk2 172 the fastest in your tests.. heh..
No.. the V6 was! ;)

However the mk2 172 we used got some very quick times and wasnt that far off the pace of the V6! :eek:

The Cup was brand new though (on trade plates) and we only did 0-60 runs, but that mk1 172 was a duffer and got sh!t times...

Remapped derv Golf

Its all true! On the road theres hardly gonna be any difference between the mk1, mk2, cup or 182. 0.1 of a second! A drivers slow reaction time could count for a lot more than that!

So stop all this "mines bigger than yours!"

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 03 March 2004

Its all true! On the road theres hardly gonna be any difference between the mk1, mk2, cup or 182. 0.1 of a second! A drivers slow reaction time could count for a lot more than that!

So stop all this "mines bigger than yours!"
What mines bigger than yours? I put my car at the bottom of the list as slowest car:confused: