ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Check out the Price..

Good deal, even if it is an import.

Car: £12k
Alarm: ~£300
Wheel nuts: ~£30

Still works out cheap. And you dont have to wait til November!

I think motorpoint.co.uk are still offering imported 182s (without Cup packs) for £11,700 too...

What a load of rubbish no diffrent on insurance and why should it be any diffrent on re sale it is the same car that is why they call them parrallel european imports . The only probs with insurance are for grey imports. Now you know why Dealerships have big windows so they can see people like you coming ....

yeh load of rubbish eh,LMAO, im telling you from experience, non uk dealer supplied cars sell for less fact !!, some insurance companies take a dim view on any non uk supplied cars FACT!!,

why get so personall you , no need to be such a c**k about it.(im guessing you bought an import)

ps i have just bought a 182 for £10.5 , and its is a uk car cup packs etc, and not from the dealers big shiny window either.

also did go to renault and was offered a brand new unregd cup packed 182 for £12.5k !!, i hope the dealer did see me coming with a price like that

[Edited by 172cup_nut on 20 October 2004 at 9:07pm]

I bought an import 182 for £11700 paid £250 for a CAT1 alarm and £20 for locking wheel nuts. I also lowered the car 40mm on Apex springs for under £100. Had no probs whatsoever with insurance, servicing or warranty work through main dealers. Well happy.

Exactly my friend same here i have had 2 now a 172 and 182 and had no problems apart from the usual reno stuff rattles etc . I just put a post on cause some people had been having trouble with waiting times for 182s .i was only trying help then you get people who just want to rubbish them. There is a lot of import cars on the road now and the dealers know it, thats why they are doing deals cause they cant compete . £3000 is better off in my pocket than theirs...

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes but toppers the point is that you dont need to buy an import to get a good deal these days. A couple of years ago they were much cheaper, now there isn;t really a saving.

As I pointed out above, you can get a uk 182 for £11908 from http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com/www.carselect.lloydstsb.com , why would you want to buy an import when that is on offer???? What would be the benefit?

exactly , with people like you !!!!! buying imports it makes it cheaper for people like me to buy a proper uk car cheaper, simple.

at the end of the day if your happy to have an import car then good on you, but i personally would never buy one,and alot of other people feel the same way too, especially when you can get a uk car as cheap, it just dont make sense ???

Ypu put your UK car next to my car that came from Boulogne Billencourt were your UK car probably came from and you will be hard pressed to find any diffrence . Carselect seem to be very detailed in there description of thier 182 it even comes with a secure spare wheel i wonder were that is strapped to the roof maybe .Oh and i forget to mention the 4.2% intrest for the finance too ...

For me it was a no brainer in my situation. I couldnt go to a broker style place like the one suggested above because I had a p/x. Also when i went to Renault they would not go below 13.5K for a 182 with cup packs. I am happy because I got the best deal for me and have had no probs. If I had 12K cash I probably would have gone to a broker and tried to get a UK car for that money but I didnt. I plan to keep the car for at least 3yrs from now by which time the resale difference will be nominal. I dont see this as a point to argue over as im sure most people research what is the best thing to do in their own circumstances and act on their own findings. All great cars that have come out the same factory!

Mike

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Topper182 on 20 October 2004

Ypu put your UK car next to my car that came from Boulogne Billencourt were your UK car probably came from and you will be hard pressed to find any diffrence . Carselect seem to be very detailed in there description of thier 182 it even comes with a secure spare wheel i wonder were that is strapped to the roof maybe .Oh and i forget to mention the 4.2% intrest for the finance too ...
er, yes i would be able to tell the difference within a couple of seconds and it doesnt really matter what lloyds description is, they do a good job of providing the car at the right price, oh and you dont have to take their finance, anything else yhou want to point out?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by MikeGG on 20 October 2004

For me it was a no brainer in my situation. I couldnt go to a broker style place like the one suggested above because I had a p/x. Also when i went to Renault they would not go below 13.5K for a 182 with cup packs. I am happy because I got the best deal for me and have had no probs. If I had 12K cash I probably would have gone to a broker and tried to get a UK car for that money but I didnt. I plan to keep the car for at least 3yrs from now by which time the resale difference will be nominal. I dont see this as a point to argue over as im sure most people research what is the best thing to do in their own circumstances and act on their own findings. All great cars that have come out the same factory!

Mike
not a problem, lloyds also accept p/x, i did mine with them.

Yeah totally agree .I went off Dealers with my first experience with Reno when i went for a 172 MK2 and tried to trade my 306 GTI-6 in for a new one but they would not take it off my hands ....

wasnt your car from motorpoint??, are you sure it didnt come from cyprus, as alot of theres do, 4.5% finance was ok, but when i was looking at renault they was doing 0% finance.

mike g i had a car to p/x too, but was only offered 6.5 k for a 9.5k car by the importers you mention, and in my book thats f**king disgusting, even renault offered me 8.6 k completely wipping out any discount that importing gave, in fact it was going to cost me alot more to buy an import than it was a uk car

dk

911 GTS Cab

Yeah totally agree .I went off Dealers with my first experience with Reno when i went for a 172 MK2 and tried to trade my 306 GTI-6 in for a new one but they would not take it off my hands ....
i agree, if renault wont treat you right and wont offer the right price then dont use them, but when there are companies like lloyds around, who needs to buy an import.

Thats my point, im not having a dig at your car as i have bought an import in the past and know that its the same car, but when there is no price benefit these days, there is no benefit of going for one.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

if there isnt a renaultsport factory in the uk (just presuming) then surely they are all imports...........

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by MikeGG on 20 October 2004

Im not being funny but I cant see the argument here???? Maybe Im being thick!!
there isnt really an argument, nobody has got out of hand, it is merely a discussion about the best place to buy a 182, other people would like to know as they are about to order their car.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 20 October 2004

if there isnt a renaultsport factory in the uk (just presuming) then surely they are all imports...........
you are right, but there are renault uk and non renault uk imports, that is what we are discussing here.

172cup_nut = Thats what I mean you did your research and made your decision based on whats best for you. The place I got my car from did offer me less than Reno but only £300 less, but wanted £1500 more for the 182 so for me decision made!

You did the right thing for you and I did for me!!!

Lets all go and beat up some ZR160s!!!!

yeh as dave182 says, the original post is about getting peopke the best deal on a 182, and that is what is happening here IMHO, as dave says it used to be cheaper getting imports but the gap has closed these days (all thanks to the importing companies) so there is no real reason to buy an import simple really

dk

911 GTS Cab

You tell me the diffrence then between my car and yours please ....Apart from cup options ,etching ...
Renault Warrantied alarm
Cup packs (you would be mad not to have them)
Security register etching of chassis number and registration with national register

but there is also you having to apply for the full 3 year warranty, lower value at resale etc. These wouldnt be a problem if the car was cheaper, but it isnt so why have all the hassle of bringing it up to this spec?

I never knew about carselect so i have learnt something today. Could be worse could have bought from Carcraft LOL ... Will carselect supply V6s and how much ...

dk

911 GTS Cab

I never knew about carselect so i have learnt something today. Could be worse could have bought from Carcraft LOL ... Will carselect supply V6s and how much ...
trust me mate, i am not having a go, i just want to give people buying 182s the best advice i can, and yes they do do v6s and are current at £23XXX? so also a good price.

Your right with what you say i have always worked on the otr price with options from the dealers website or magazine . Now if you want to travel a few hundred miles for a better deal then thats fine but not everyone wants that so you are tied to a handful of dealers and when your home town dealer goes bust you dont really want to travel long distances . I spoke to a sales rep at reno at blackburn when it was there and he told me they were supplying 172s to Motorpoint ... You dont have to apply for then warranty you take your car in .

dk

911 GTS Cab

toppers, i wouldnt travel long distances either, i just phoned lloyds and they delivered to my workplace and took my p/x away with them, very easy.

if you have an import car, you only get 2 years warranty, to get the third year you have to apply to Renault and most people use the letter floating around here for that as it is from Renault regarding this matter.

You wont automatically get the 3 year warranty.

Until recently, when cyprus were not in the EU, you couldnt even get the warranty extension if your car came from there (which a lot of imports do).

Right i see just going off what reno said to me . When i had my 172 they said i would get 3 yrs as long as i had it serviced there but this time they told me i get 3 yrs regardless ... but any warrranty UK car or import they will try and get out of anything they can regardless i know i have had other uk cars with full warranty... My car and my last came direct from Boulogne - Billencourt but i know there are a few that come from cyprus granted .. How do companys like carselect sell UK cars at that price....

RS Clio 182

I really want to know how they do it too Topper182. I am in the process of buying a 182 and am having problems with delivery of one I ordered from a dealership. Considering buying one from carselect and salesman says he cannot match them as he cannot get any lower than £12500 (with met paint and cup options) and that has to be pre registered. Carselect will do me one for £12,277 and is unregistered????

Only problem with imports IMO is that most dealers wont take them as a part ex. Ive been there and it can be a nightmare if your trying to get rid fast.

Best thing to do is get married to someone who works at reno, get your 25% family discount :) Kind of what i did!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Right i see just going off what reno said to me . When i had my 172 they said i would get 3 yrs as long as i had it serviced there but this time they told me i get 3 yrs regardless ... but any warrranty UK car or import they will try and get out of anything they can regardless i know i have had other uk cars with full warranty... My car and my last came direct from Boulogne - Billencourt but i know there are a few that come from cyprus granted .. How do companys like carselect sell UK cars at that price....
as has been said in another thread, they use their masssive buying power, I beleive they are one of the biggest suppliers of cars in the uk so get massive trade discounts. The cars are not pre-registered and come from a selection of dealers they use. Mine came from Sutton Park Renault in Coventry, I got to speak directly with them as lloyds were open as to who was supplying the car.

I was actually going to go there (Barkers of Preston ) on Friday to have a look, having been let down for the third time by the broker i was buying from (new-car-discount) they now say 16th Nov to dealership. I know the argument for buying U.K. car but you just cant get hold of them for about 12-13 weeks.

How come car supermarkets have got hundreds up and down the country, ready to drive away, but neither brokers nor Reno themselves can get hold of one for over 3 months?

R26

I believe that although the cars from motorpoint et al, are imports the only difference is the VIN number (excluding e.g alarm,road tax), which marks the car down as an import - hence when it comes to resale it wont be worth as much, esp at trade in. But on a private sale - im not so sure there would be much in it. However, I didnt risk it and bought from Reno for £12900 with cup packs x 2. Didnt like the waiting time but it actually came in 4 weeks.

Quote: Originally posted by 172cup_nut on 20 October 2004
yeh load of rubbish eh,LMAO, im telling you from experience, non uk dealer supplied cars sell for less fact !!, some  insurance companies take a dim view on any non uk supplied cars FACT!!,t

[Edited by 172cup_nut on 20 October 2004 at 9:07pm]

after personally ringing about 20 of the big insurance companies explaining about parallel imports etc, with no cat 1 alarm, just the factory immobiliser.. EVERY one said it didnt affect the premium FACT! Stop scare-mongering, encouraging people to do to main dealers will only keep their prices high... a little competition will help everyone with dealers lowering their prices to compete with brokers. as what is now happening.... if it wasnr for the import brokers of 2 years ago etc you would not be getting such good deals now!

P.S.
THEY ARE BUILT ON THE SAME PRODUCTION LINE HENCE "THEY ARE THE SAME CAR!" whatever the resale value is, the difference will be a lot less than the 3 grand i and many others saved from not going to a main dealers!

Just out of interest , does a dealer car do a quarter mile faster than a broker imported car??? ANSWER: NO!!!!!