ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 CUP owner

Hi,

Background:

I've never owned a Clio Sport before (I've owned MR2's for 9 years) but due to a change in career (currently work offshore on a rotational basis, however I have accepted a Monday to Friday job in Rotterdam) meant I no longer need my BMW 535D msport, and decided to buy a RB 182 since it will only be used at weekends when I am home.

The car is away to have the dephaser done, and also a full service. Should be getting it back tomorrow.

I currently, and have done for over 5 years, own a MR2 turbo (fully track prepared) but unfortunately blew a piston in September. So, the 182 will also fill in as my part time track car, which brings me to these questions (as I know nothing about Clio's!!);

Best tyres for track/road?
Best budget brake setup? I run Carbotech XP10 on the MR2, but don't want to spend that much on this car...
Best air intake?
Best exhaust system?

Anything else worth considering for track?

I've been through KTR already...

Jay

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along mate

Worth joining up as a member as you'll get full site access including the market place and Traders section, will pay for itself in to time

Have a search on here (top right hand corner) and they'll be plenty of info on here but quickly

Tyres- see if you can get some second hand 15" alloys on here with track focused tyres. I like the Federal RSR tyres,
Brakes- Brembo discs and some decent pads on the front, Ferodo Racing Ds2500/DS3000 are a popular choice
Intake- few options but people DIY a cone filter just behind the passenger side headlights, plenty on threads on here
Exhaust- again search on here for a stainless system in the classifieds

Look at getting a rear anti roll bar , decent worthwhile addition ime