ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner says hi

hi guys,
as it says im a new 182 owner as of today,(well yesterday now) and i just wanted to say hi to everyone on here.
picked the car up at 4.30pm,went through everthing real careful after reading stories on here about swirl marks,missing splitters etc. suffice to say the car was a1 condition with not a single mark on it-will have to have a closer look when not driving the thing!!
stuck to 3k rpm for about 5miles then the devil sitting on my right shoulder said "nail it" so i did, naughty but nice, all the way to the green shift light in fact on a few occasions- thank god for the 3yrs warranty.
im good friends with clean16v as he is known on here-took him out in the car and he was very impressed with it although somehow i dont think its gonna trouble his creation!
anyway, thats my rant over, cheers guys, nick:)

Skoda Fabia vRS

hi mate

you and Mehdi will have to come to a N/W meet sometime, i aint seen him for ages

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

Summer time and I get mine :D Got a clio 1.2 at the moment,
Which is cool but I cant wait to get the 182 :D

Hello there, 10 months later - still loving my 182, fantastic punch in second gear, and severly embarrassed a BMW 328i driver yesterday, only one trip to the dealer so far in 11,000 miles so Renaultsport ownership has been pretty sweet.

Enjoy!

cheers for the responces guys(and girls)
had the car for just over 24 hrs now and tosay im loving it as an understatement!! i love everything about the car although it does seem to attract alot of attention from 17yr old vauxhall nova scallies and rep mobiles-simple solution-drop it to 2nd and wave "bye bye"
been finding it really difficult to keep the revs low-in fact its had a thorough workout in these last 24 hrs and seen the shift light a fair few times-its so addictive.
well chuffed with the black gold/cup packs-think the car looks reallt mean although i still havent seen much gold fleck in the paint-must be the crap weather!
car seems very responsive and punchy in whatever gear its in-very surprsied wih this as i thought all the power would be stacked right up at the top end. feels sooooo much quicker than the golf gti 16v i traded from-at the time i thought that was quick but u live and learn.
just a couple of questions-theres a wrapped up netting in the glove box but what exactly is it for-im aware it something to do with the boot but what exactly?? also-can some one explain what happens in the engine when i hit 5k and all hell breaks lose-is it the vvt or the cams or what??
anyway-thanks for the welcome-ill b out there enjoying the 182, and if anyone is from around the stockport area give me a wave if u see me about!!!