ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 owner with a few questions!

182 BG FF
Hello all,

I am a soon to be owner of a 182 clio and i just had a few questions and some common subjects:

the steering wheel wear, is there a aftermarket wheel that still utilises the steering wheel controls or would buying a second hand one and having it retrimmed be best?

It has an rs tuning overrun map atm, is there a better map thats perhaps aimed more at performance then noise?

the car currently has a decat and a piper cat back, it is excessively loud! Will putting the cat back in help or will it cause problems with the map it has and scupper performance?

the car is very low on coilovers at the front but the wheels are very tucked, dan i get away with spacers at the front? the rear is spaced 15mm

it it possible to install a decent double din with inbuolt blue tooth and sat nav that supports a 32gb usb stick?

thats it for now, any help would be great thanks.

adam.

BG 182
the steering wheel wear, is there a aftermarket wheel that still utilises the steering wheel controls or would buying a second hand one and having it retrimmed be best?

Hi Adam, firstly great choice, I've owned mine since March and still puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it.

Regarding the Steering Wheel, I was fortunate enough to have had my wheel retrimmed by 'Snappy' by the previous owner. I recommend you have a retrim, based on the quality of the finish, that and it looks OEM.

182 BG FF
Hi Adam, firstly great choice, I've owned mine since March and still puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it.

Regarding the Steering Wheel, I was fortunate enough to have had my wheel retrimmed by 'Snappy' by the previous owner. I recommend you have a retrim, based on the quality of the finish, that and it looks OEM.

Cheers for the response, is this wheel retrimming place local to the east midlands at all? Im long eaton, nottingham you see.

Also is it worth me going to renault for them to look over the bonnet catch as ive heard some stories about this part.

172 cup
Get a OMP steering wheel looks way cooler, thats if you dont mind having your face caved in during a head on lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I think I know which car you have seen. Is it the bg on pistonheads? If so it looks spot on.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers for the response, is this wheel retrimming place local to the east midlands at all? Im long eaton, nottingham you see.

Also is it worth me going to renault for them to look over the bonnet catch as ive heard some stories about this part.

No 'snappy' is a user on here, his retrims are unreal buddy, so good! Definitely recommended.

It'd be worth phoning up RUK and asking about your car regarding the bonnet catch. Most places will offer to do it for free... if it hasn't been done already of course.

182 BG FF
No 'snappy' is a user on here, his retrims are unreal buddy, so good! Definitely recommended.

It'd be worth phoning up RUK and asking about your car regarding the bonnet catch. Most places will offer to do it for free... if it hasn't been done already of course.

Oh i see. Ill have to look into it then! See if he can so like a nice suede wheel to be a bit different but still OEM+
a trip to RUK sounds like a plan too.

Any opinions on the whole remap and overly loud exhaust issues?

Adam.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Its got the over run map on hasnt it? Just change it to the normal 98ron map. You will need to buy an rs tuner unless he still has it?

182 BG FF
Im not sure what an RS tuner is? In used to custom remaps costing around £200+ but if there is a user on here that can easily rectify the map that would be great!

sabelt wheels as in steering wheels? I want to keep the steering wheel controls where possible.

Also on that subject has anyone on here fitted a single din that supports bluetooth/usb/sat nav built in and can cope with a 32gb usb stick without half the songs disappearing?

Adam.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
In Blue

Hello all,

I am a soon to be owner of a 182 clio and i just had a few questions and some common subjects:

Few Options:

Re-trim existing (Snappy on here is widely regarded)
Buy RenaultSport Cup Racer Sabelt Wheel, fabricate mounts for additional button controls
Use Clio 197 (or is is it Twingo?) Wheel (Some say this is possible, others not)

It has an rs tuning overrun map atm, is there a better map thats perhaps aimed more at performance then noise?

Not RS Tuning (company based in Leeds). It will be a Fastchip Map which was applied to the car using an RS Tuner. You can buy these new or secondhand, Do at home jobby, perhaps switch to the 98RON map as suggested.

the car currently has a decat and a piper cat back, it is excessively loud! Will putting the cat back in help or will it cause problems with the map it has and scupper performance?

Cat will lower noise, but the current map could damage the cat over time, so best not to make the switch yet.

the car is very low on coilovers at the front but the wheels are very tucked, dan i get away with spacers at the front? the rear is spaced 15mm

You can, do a search on here, im not familiar with spacer widths.

it it possible to install a decent double din with inbuolt blue tooth and sat nav that supports a 32gb usb stick?

I've not a clue!

thats it for now, any help would be great thanks.

adam.

182 BG FF
Just driven the car back with rear seats back in and the noise is not actually that bad and the map doesnt really pop at all unless really going for it so im happy with that.

Couldnt seem to find how to use the steering wheel volune controls or how to get cruise to work lol. Also the speedo seems to show lower speed thab im going it feels?

also how do you turn esp off i can see the button but dont get any indication?

182 BG FF
One other thing. Its got a
midget aerial on it and so i cant get reception is there a different one i can get that doesnt look crap but still does it job?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Just driven the car back with rear seats back in and the noise is not actually that bad and the map doesnt really pop at all unless really going for it so im happy with that.

Couldnt seem to find how to use the steering wheel volune controls or how to get cruise to work lol. Also the speedo seems to show lower speed thab im going it feels?

also how do you turn esp off i can see the button but dont get any indication?

Maybe the bulbs knackered? Usually there will be a dash light.

BG Clio 182
Cruise button next to ESP by right knee needs turning on (green cruise light should illuminate on dash), then use + and - on left of wheel. O on right of wheel to cancel or press brakes or clutch. Volume controls bit touch sensitive, see how you get on :D

182 BG FF
Yer ill get it all checked out by diamond i think :)

esp maybe a bulb i guess nothing seems to happen when i press it.

182 BG FF
Another thing. Ive seen some different styles of headlight washer jet? Are the flat ones blanks for cars without xenons?

Lovely looking 182 this, I sent a few messages to the chap selling it.

Unfortunatley you beat me too it lol. The only draw back for me was the rs tuner map.

Enjoy, looks like a great buy!

182 BG FF
My 2012 polo aerial fittted which was a nice suprise just trying to work out if id be ok with 10mm hubcentric spacers on the front now as they sit in more than the back that have 15mm on. Problem is woth being super low not sure of will catch or not on standard alloys?