ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Cup pics

Lee

BMW M2C
getting rid of the trophy FTL

I know. :cry:

But it's getting on, and I need a new car with warranty which I can use without any worries day in day out and take on track.

If was able to I'd dump the Trophy in my parents garage and not part with it.

Looks good.

People should realise you buy it for the cost saving as opposed to any performance increase.

If Renault did a true cup version with more power and an LSD and a worthwhile weight saving would anyone be prepared to pay the premium for a true small production special edition?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Are you talking Cup spec? As I can get full fat with cup pack and recaro for under £14k.

Congratulations though enjoy the new car.

Yeah that sounds about right. I was quoted just shy of £14k for 197, cup packs, white and recaros. Using F & F. I'm sure some dealers will still get down to that sort of price though.

I'm sure £12.3k is the lowest I've found the 197 Cup for anywhere. It soon mounts up with the options though.

While getting prices it's hard to tell if dealers are doing it using the F & F or not as some are able to beat the rate that offers. Some are a lot more expensive! They're all over the sodding place. lol

Prices will always vary between dealerships @ this time of year for new cars.

It depends where they are with their end of year target.

In quieter areas where the dealer is under performing they will some times sell 'below cost' in order to achieve said target.

Complex and occasionally frustrating!

Certainly means there are some bargains around though!!!

I love the white paint and the wheels, oh and the seats, but would much rather have the 197 with cup packs, as I couldn't put up with the interior.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
getting rid of the trophy FTL

I know. :cry:

But it's getting on, and I need a new car with warranty which I can use without any worries day in day out and take on track.

If was able to I'd dump the Trophy in my parents garage and not part with it.

But surely when you work out the cost to change, that would cover any parts that need replacing. The white cup looks awesome, but the trophy's a legend!

Lee

BMW M2C
haha, I did almost ask her out for a beer at one point Rich. Poor girl had to work until 7 so I kept her company for 45 minutes. She did me a VERY good price. 3 cars from there in the last few years though.

I know Warren, but I'm also lazy and don't want the worry of having to maintain a car. I love having new cars.:eek:

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
The more I think about 007 going the more I don't want to part with it. It's a piece of motoring history already. I just have to think of it as just another car.

No its not mate..Its a 182 in postman pat red with nice with suspension that almost as good as coilovers.
Just look at the pics of the white cup again and you wont even remember what the trophy is!
Anyone wanna buy a 2 week old swift sport? lol

Lee

BMW M2C
I posted this over on Renaultsport yesterday:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] I was checking out the dashboards on the rest of the Clio range earlier. I've also had a Ripcurl a few times while the Trophy has been in for servicing.

You've all lost the plot. There's nothing wrong with the interior at all. You're all taken in by a splash of silver.
icon_smile_wink.gif
That dash is far nicer than the one in the Trophy, and it's obviously good enough to go in any none Renaultsport Clio.

Looking at them some have the same door handles as the Cup, some have them in the more awkward to reach place as on the 197/R27.

If you want to see a nasty interior check out a Twingo. Cheapest plastic ever. lol

To put things in perspective:

Clio Tom Tom: http://www.press.renault.co.uk/image_gallery/Clio_III/010507-b-ren-.jpg
Same dash just some nasty blue on it, and the door handles are silver!

Clio Rip Curl: http://www.press.renault.co.uk/image_gallery/Clio_III/280207-2-ren-.jpg
Different door handles and electric mirrors, the dash is the same again only the vent surrounds are silver.

Twingo: http://www.press.renault.co.uk/image_gallery/twingo_07/R_3142-.jpg
[/FONT]

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
TBH I can see why people go for them - it does look really nice in white. For me personally, I'd go for a ever so slightly second hand R27 - pref. last of the line with revised gearbox - but that's just me, and no one else has to drive my car so I'll choose what I want - which is why I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon slating the cup. I'd prefer the extra comfort in my next car to that last few % of performance, but I understand why people would rather have the more focussed car for sure - look at my current ride ffs :)

It doesn't affect me in anyway what Lee etc chooses to drive - slating it for a reaction like some of the obvious replies on here are doing just stinks of jealousy tbh...

Dan

Megane Trophy, Golf
Lol @ all the poverty spec comments! at the end of the day not everyone wants luxuries, and its all about the better handling then the 0.5 second gain to 60..... IMHO i think its nice but could do with some aluminium pedals lol :rasp:

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Its all personal taste I guess..

My only gripe personally is the lack of rake adjustment due to having the 'standard key'.

Apart from that I cannot wait to see it in the flesh!

1 day and counting.....

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
1 Taste and a big saving over the F1 IMO

2 And the colour.

3 too late now 3 weeks to go.......

Turbo LY R27
No what i mean is mate i wanted reno to bring out a REALLY light 197, like the days of the 172 cup. Thats what i meant, im just crap at explaining stuff. Im not slagging it off and i aint a hater. I have a 197 2 ya no :)

Now I get ya. I know Renault thought long and hard about it, and I even offered my views on it as I know someone at RUK who has a say in these sorts of things. The big problem is there's not a lot else they can do to make it much lighter as they did the 172 Cup.

The 197 Cup is very much a 197 cheap (er) as it's not cheap. lol

Aye, I saw the thread with the pics of your R27. Very nice. I've spent a fair bit of time on track in an R27 and love it.

Cheers mate glad you liked em. You wont regret ownin a 197, dont care what anyone says they are quick as anything, loads of torque and raw power. And i owned i mint 182ff before this so i know the difference. Best money i ever spent on mine! What they like on the track? Im prob gonna take mine 2 silverstone nxt year wit my uncle. Think i might invest in some speedlines with slicks on before i do to maximise handling.
I took the 182 on the track this year and loved it, handled so well! On the twistie bits of silverstone a 340 evo couldnt do me, roasted me on the straight tho!:D LOL!
Im def gonna test drive a cup next year wen they are in the showroom (not to trade mine in) to see the how they compare on sheer performance/adgility wise. Be interesting, the clios are very much drivers cars i think!

Lee

BMW M2C
The biggest thing over the Trophy and previous ones I've owned is that it's so stable. The back end never steps out, and under heavy braking it's amazingly stable. I still don't think they pull as well as my Trophy but they corner faster and stop a lot better.

I don't expect the Cup to feel any different to the R27. But any weight saving is a good thing I suppose.

I'm not a fan of slicks, I prefer to experience it on road tyres so I know how it's designed to drive.

I don't think Renault will ever produce a car as agile as the 172 Cup.

T

thecremeegg

interior is so poor - look at any other modern car and the plastics used are of far better quality

Golf R
the door pulls being further back might make it easier to close the doors! :)

not to keen on the interior cheapness, but i'm liking the white :D

Golf R
The biggest thing over the Trophy and previous ones I've owned is that it's so stable. The back end never steps out, and under heavy braking it's amazingly stable.

couldnt agree more with them comments... it's a fun handling car and confidence inspiring too :)

Turbo LY R27
Yeah, mines hit 2300 miles. Only had it a month!:S Do to many miles bein an estate agent, crap job, i hate it. Gonna get a run around 306 dturbo for work. But mine is feeling so quick now! Love driving it.

Danni172 was comin, but work commitments means he cant. We could still do sunday, or wait for sometime in the week? Thats what me and danni were disscissin the other day, get some snaps done. What you reckon? Ill pm danni and see when he is available.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Can't believe its not got painted side strips or door mirrors. They just look wrong on a top of the range clio.