ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Cup pics

Lee

BMW M2C
if you could get them 12k New with white speedlines and the recaros, then i'd be interested!

wouldnt be hard to get one for just under 13k for that spec, thats what most ppl will pay id imagine.

ill be looking at the 13k mark anyway.

You can get one for under £13k with no extras. You'll be looking nearer £14k with extras. Obviously I got a pretty good deal otherwise I wouldn't be swapping. Recaros are £850 so they really bump the price up.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
wouldnt be hard to get one for just under 13k for that spec, thats what most ppl will pay id imagine.

You can get one for under £13k with no extras. You'll be looking nearer £14k with extras. Obviously I got a pretty good deal otherwise I wouldn't be swapping. Recaros are £850 so they really bump the price up.

i did a quick bit of maths and came to £12885 or so with recaros and glacier white. i may of gone wrong somewhere, lol.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'm trading the Trophy in Brooky. I can't keep two cars.

Where did you get the starting price from Lewis? RRP is £14,995.00 I get Friends and Family discount and I managed to get a little more off than that and it's more than you've worked out. Are you basing that on the 22% they were offering off the R27? It's a different rate on the Cup.

Cheapest I think you'll get the standard car is around £12.5k Add seats, white paint, aircon and wheels and you're close to £14k.

I've had a few quotes while ordering mine.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ahhh, i didnt put aircon in, probably wont bother with that, i had a 172 cup and drive a willy atm so ill just wind the window down, lol.

still undecided on the wheels too, i was sure of the black speedlines, but it looks pretty gd on the standard anthracite ones. i worked F&F out based on 20%.

Last edited:

Lee

BMW M2C
Standard car on F & F works out at £12,745.00. £13,595.000 with recaros and white paint.

F & F is currently 15%. Although I got a better deal than that.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
sounds like you did get a brilliant deal then lee.
new car etc every couple of years cant be bad.

just wish i could get rid of the bmw and get what i want lol

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
to be honest i keep changing my mind, im a pain in the @rse like tha.

i always wanted a v6 but had a monaro for the weekend a few months ago and loved it.

so my ideal thing would be to get a v6 after xmas, then in the summer sell it and get a monaro.

but knowing me ill find someting else i like when out on my travels and im bound to have another mental car for the weekend and love that even more.

An orange one

i always wanted a v6 but had a monaro for the weekend a few months ago and loved it.

so my ideal thing would be to get a v6 after xmas, then in the summer sell it and get a monaro.

but knowing me ill find someting else i like when out on my travels and im bound to have another mental car for the weekend and love that even more.

that makes no sense...dont buy a v6 now cause you wont enjoy it...the vee is at its best on the sticky summer roads!

lee...i like the 197 cup, i like the wheels you have picked and the seats..and the white paint..but that interior is really quite bad :(:(
and no im not a hater cause i drive a 1.2 lol...sometimes i think even my vee with recaro's has a rubbish interior...i wouldnt be able to live with cloth everywhere and no buttons to fiddle with lol :rasp:

however...when i test drive one..i may well reconsider the interior comments and just enjoy ragging the arse off it! :D

Turbo LY R27
^^^ Not slagging off your car neil g, just in case you think i am, basically i was just hoping they bought out one that was similar to 172/172cup, then tbh i would of prob gone for it instead of r27.

That's an odd thing to say. The 172 was kitted out with all the luxuries and the Cup is as raw as they come. The 197 Cup sits in the middle of the two.

To produce a 197 the same spec as a 172 used to be would push costs up even more so.

No what i mean is mate i wanted reno to bring out a REALLY light 197, like the days of the 172 cup. Thats what i meant, im just crap at explaining stuff. Im not slagging it off and i aint a hater. I have a 197 2 ya no :)

Golf R/Leon FR
good choice lee

bet you cant wait.

not keen on the interior myself but the ph1 172 interior isnt stunning lol

Lee

BMW M2C
That's an odd thing to say. The 172 was kitted out with all the luxuries and the Cup is as raw as they come. The 197 Cup sits in the middle of the two.

To produce a 197 the same spec as a 172 used to be would push costs up even more so.

No what i mean is mate i wanted reno to bring out a REALLY light 197, like the days of the 172 cup. Thats what i meant, im just crap at explaining stuff. Im not slagging it off and i aint a hater. I have a 197 2 ya no :)

Now I get ya. I know Renault thought long and hard about it, and I even offered my views on it as I know someone at RUK who has a say in these sorts of things. The big problem is there's not a lot else they can do to make it much lighter as they did the 172 Cup.

The 197 Cup is very much a 197 cheap (er) as it's not cheap. lol

Aye, I saw the thread with the pics of your R27. Very nice. I've spent a fair bit of time on track in an R27 and love it.

Megane R26 & Yamaha R1
it lokks the nuts but abit basic 4 my liking. I no thats to keep wait down and all that but u got to have some luxurise

I think it looks great, yeh it costs more, so do houses, shoes and a mcdonalds. Deal with it.

The one on the right, minus the scoop, white wheels, recaros and air con! :approve: oh and Rich to be my personal b**ch to clean it because I havent cleaned my car in months! :eek:

M135i
regarding discount %ages. they work in a different way to what you think. i'd love to tell you how they work, but that'd be giving away secrets now wouldnt it!

106 GTi
I think it looks great, yeh it costs more, so do houses, shoes and a mcdonalds. Deal with it.

The one on the right, minus the scoop, white wheels, recaros and air con! :approve: oh and Rich to be my personal b**ch to clean it because I havent cleaned my car in months! :eek:

lol !

if you could get them 12k New with white speedlines and the recaros, then i'd be interested!

Standard car on F & F works out at £12,745.00. £13,595.000 with recaros and white paint.

F & F is currently 15%. Although I got a better deal than that.

Really?!! Hmmmm major saving is now my key thought till spring!!!! I dont know anyone who works for renault though :(

Any way round this?

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

that makes no sense...dont buy a v6 now cause you wont enjoy it...the vee is at its best on the sticky summer roads!

what i should have said really is im looking at going to the ring in feb/march and then lemans straight after so wanted something different for that lol.

then sell v6 get a monaro when the prices come down which could a year or so

Golf GTI PP Mk7
regarding discount %ages. they work in a different way to what you think. i'd love to tell you how they work, but that'd be giving away secrets now wouldnt it!

theyre are relative to 'wang size' which means ill be paying about a fiver for my 197 :cool:.

knowsit.

Cheapest I think you'll get the standard car is around £12.5k Add seats, white paint, aircon and wheels and you're close to £14k.

Are you talking Cup spec? As I can get full fat with cup pack and recaro for under £14k.

Congratulations though enjoy the new car.

Lee

BMW M2C

Are you talking Cup spec? As I can get full fat with cup pack and recaro for under £14k.

Congratulations though enjoy the new car.

Yeah that sounds about right. I was quoted just shy of £14k for 197, cup packs, white and recaros. Using F & F. I'm sure some dealers will still get down to that sort of price though.

I'm sure £12.3k is the lowest I've found the 197 Cup for anywhere. It soon mounts up with the options though.

While getting prices it's hard to tell if dealers are doing it using the F & F or not as some are able to beat the rate that offers. Some are a lot more expensive! They're all over the sodding place. lol

Yeah that sounds about right. I was quoted just shy of £14k for 197, cup packs, white and recaros. Using F & F. I'm sure some dealers will still get down to that sort of price though.
Yep shows how good deals cna be made.

Honda ATR
Nice car mate!!! where dose the limiter kick in? looks like 8000 from the picks, but i thought they made Max P at 7250. I belive Renault have changed the gearing in 5th n 6th so it should be better to drive on the motorway..

Lee

BMW M2C
How come? Because I'm parting with the Trophy?

After out dicusion's before last time I saw you plus yep didn't think the trophy would ever realy go.

I can't remember what I said. lol Whatever I said I'm sure my current financial position has changed what I've decided. I could stretch to a 197 of the same spec but don't see the point and after buying a house this year a new car is a bonus. Especially a decent one.

The more I think about 007 going the more I don't want to part with it. It's a piece of motoring history already. I just have to think of it as just another car.