ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 197 Cup pics

Maz

LY 200
As many as they can sell I'd think. It's not limited in any way. Otherwise I'd have had number 007 of course. lol

I doubt there will be many white ones outside of us on here and Renaultsport and the press cars. Who in their right mind would buy white.

Thats good news, thought it would be limited like the R27, can't wait to see one in the flesh and have a drive on track, no dount they will be at the next round of RS track days :approve:

It looks mint at the back! with no clio badge as standard.

Not a fan of the interior aprat from the Recaros.

Think I'd have a 197 with cup packs (but thats me). I know what your saying Lee about the price of new car prices plus all the extras soon bump up the price.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ill be having one, its all about the driving experience, and lets be honest, if u want to sit in a palace, you dont buy a clio!

so what the r27 has a 'soft sah', a splash of chrome and what not, its the same car.

clio 172
Plenty of interior ones as I was sent these to help me decide whether to go for the Cup or a 197 with Cup packs.

The pics are from last weeks UK press launch.

Cup3.jpg

Cup8.jpg

have you got any pictures of the valver in the backround where is that place with all them cars

Mito Sportiva 135
I like it, all I would like to see is a larger rear spoiler, and think paying extra for white is a bit of a con seeing as its a matt colour (I am presuming?) - on cars like the Golf GTi the Candy White is cheaper than the metallics.

Sure you will love it though, and can always fit a different spoiler to keep me happy lol.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Tell you what, the car you ordered has, yes it HAS something that's missing from the R27... bloody door pulls where they should be!! Now all I need to find out is the part number....

Well spotted! Retro-fitting is definitely required if possible

Titanium 182
really dont like that dash!

not overly keen on the car, dont like the black mirrors!

any more pics lee of the other cars that were there? williams and the R5 raider?

Lee

BMW M2C
really dont like that dash!

not overly keen on the car, dont like the black mirrors!

any more pics lee of the other cars that were there? williams and the R5 raider?

Sorry Dean I didn't take them. A mate took them for me to let me see the interior of the Cup before I placed my order.

Elise 111R
LOL again WHY WHY WHY....

Oh yer it's be .1 sec quicker than the r27 f1.....

I love the white and wheels but why would anyone pay near the 14k for an interior that looks that cheap.... not functional.... but cheap.

Oh well i presume it has some form of trick suspension fancy diff....... no....ah right..... so it comes in white... GREAT :rolleyes:

Lotus Elise 111R
Those door cards and dash are minging. Recaros are the only things that lift it and they cost £850 extra!!!!!!!! - horrible!

The other problem...I love it in white, but how pissed would you be if you bought one and that white racer on the right pulled up, makes the standard one look minging on the outside too...

C'mon Renault a poor shout I feel.

Last edited:
  Golf GTI PP Mk7
the only things i feel slightly aggrieved about are;

1) Can we please at leat have the proper 197 steering wheel? (comeon renault!)

2) Alu pedals would be nice, even the 172 cup had them.

3) Door cards are a bit shoddy.

ill be getting one no doubt, but i think they've cut a hell of alot out considering they've only knocked a grand off the price.

Elise 111R

ill be getting one no doubt, but i think they've cut a hell of alot out considering they've only knocked a grand off the price.

Why after all you've said would you want to own this thing.... makes no sense at all....

Please someone tell me the benefits of having this over a r27 with cup packs, i'm not asking to argue i'm asking to learn.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL again WHY WHY WHY....

Oh yer it's be .1 sec quicker than the r27 f1.....

I love the white and wheels but why would anyone pay near the 14k for an interior that looks that cheap.... not functional.... but cheap.

Oh well i presume it has some form of trick suspension fancy diff....... no....ah right..... so it comes in white... GREAT :rolleyes:

i agree tbh..

Last edited:
  Golf GTI PP Mk7

Why after all you've said would you want to own this thing.... makes no sense at all....

Please someone tell me the benefits of having this over a r27 with cup packs, i'm not asking to argue i'm asking to learn.

because I wont be paying anywhere list price for one, lol.

r27's are all gone, and a FF specced up with recaros, Cup chassis and Glacier white is about 3k more.

Lotus Elise 111R

because I wont be paying anywhere list price for one, lol.

r27's are all gone, and a FF specced up with recaros, Cup chassis and Glacier white is about 3k more.

Or you could leave the pig in the showroom where it belongs, whatever price yu get it at is too much!!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
well thats not strictly true is it?

if i said i could get you one for 5 grand ud be round my house like a shot, anyone would, lol.

alien green rs133
it doesnt have electric mirrors??? a bit of a poverty spec, thought manual mech would weigh more then electric???

Golf GTI PP Mk7
doubt it, its just a joining arm and a ball joint. electric would involve motors, and wiring.

motors are fairly heavy in themselves.

A4 Avant
Very nice Lee, can't wait to see it.

For the money I don't think you can go wrong.

Recaros would be a must for me.

172, Tiguan

Its all about marketing. The R27 was a limited run which is now sold out. The Cup was always going to happen at some point. A benefit is it has a different ratio gearbox ;)

The doorcards are the same as in my Extreme - and yes, the door pull is in a better position!

Very envious Lee, I'd go for exactly the spec you have!