ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 2005 Clio.........

133/225/CLS AMG

That is such a dissapointment. I mean it looks like a fecking Punto!

I think Im gonna move away from Renault after my Mk2. Shame really.

Ziel Nurburgring

Ill wait to see it. I wasnt a fan of the megane until the old man got one and in the flesh it is a very nice car.

The RS version is going to have a tough job though, but there is potential. Some of the Pshoped cars in the Media section have looked very good

It looks like its trying to be a micra from the front, a stylo from the side and an astra from the back and not quite managing in any of those tasks... The Civic looks great though... ORIGINAL, stylish and eminently desirable!

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 28 January 2005

It looks like its trying to be a micra from the front, a stylo from the side and an astra from the back and not quite managing in any of those tasks... The Civic looks great though... ORIGINAL, stylish and eminently desirable!

yes your eminence we have captured the civic.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 28 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 28 January 2005

<SCRIPT language=javascript> yes your eminence we have captured the civic.
ok then... IMMINENTLY!

R26

Right this is unbelievable, after so many years of buying nice renaults - Ren 19 16v, Clio 16v, 182 C/Pack its all over. No matter if they make a hot version there is one major problem that I will not be able to get my head round (nausea) f**kING MICRA PLATFORM WHAT THE f**kING HELL IS THAT ALL A f**kING BOUT? Theres no way in the planet that I will buy a f**king micra based car - having driven one of the offending vehicles - I KNOW that I could not tolerate such a move - people who look at you in your new clio will be saying "thats really a micra underneath.

As for the pictures of the shell of the car - well thats another bee for my bunnet. If I wanted to get a car that looked like that I would not have to wait for the new clio to come out, I would go down to peugot and get a 307, saw the back end of it and get a 206 cut the front of it - bash it in a bit so it sits somewhere between the 206 and 307 - bobs yer uncle - "A piece of sh*t without the wait".

Please tell me that this new car is just a joke and that it is not seriously being contemplated. Cos if it is - the 182 will be my last Renault, for a very long time. Shame cos I really enjoyed the fast ones - but the looks of the new one is just to fked up to swallow.

They obviously took the design from the advert where the guy bashes his car into the shape of a 206 or whatever pice of peugout sh*te it is.

The production tools for this model are a hammer and a fooooking elephant.

I wont be buying one!!!!

D

it looks alot bigger! big as a focus almost, which means more rear space (for passengers, speakers, or the v6 - you decide) but its as ugly as sin! i mean... bmw 7 series type ugly. By far the ugliest renault ever made.

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 28 January 2005

Right this is unbelievable, after so many years of buying nice renaults - Ren 19 16v, Clio 16v, 182 C/Pack its all over. No matter if they make a hot version there is one major problem that I will not be able to get my head round (nausea) f**kING MICRA PLATFORM WHAT THE f**kING HELL IS THAT ALL A f**kING BOUT? Theres no way in the planet that I will buy a f**king micra based car - having driven one of the offending vehicles - I KNOW that I could not tolerate such a move - people who look at you in your new clio will be saying "thats really a micra underneath.

As for the pictures of the shell of the car - well thats another bee for my bunnet. If I wanted to get a car that looked like that I would not have to wait for the new clio to come out, I would go down to peugot and get a 307, saw the back end of it and get a 206 cut the front of it - bash it in a bit so it sits somewhere between the 206 and 307 - bobs yer uncle - "A piece of sh*t without the wait".

Please tell me that this new car is just a joke and that it is not seriously being contemplated. Cos if it is - the 182 will be my last Renault, for a very long time. Shame cos I really enjoyed the fast ones - but the looks of the new one is just to fked up to swallow.
Its only the platform that they share, the chassis will still be by Renault, and RenaultSport in the case of the RS versions, so dont get yer knickers in a twist!

[Edited by vx220 on 28 January 2005 at 12:59pm]

Octavia VRS

The platform of the micra is meant to be very good if i remember reading. Its because Renault own Nissan and so it will cut costs rather than designing a new platform for the Clio

Think youre beiong a bit OTT - it wont be a micra!!

Octavia VRS

I think its alright - I can see 307, Astra, and a bit Punto in there but all manufacturers are copying each other. I hate the Civic tho, bread van is better

i think reno may have messed it up this time but did we not all say that when the nowadays shape came out ???? i think its of to ford for the new rs turbo anyone agree

dk

911 GTS Cab

I Guarantee that when the RenaultSport version comes out all you lot will be creaming your pant again and will quite happily not associate it with the 1.2 model they are showing in those pics! It will be amazing and you will love it, nobody likes change until it happens and they realise it wasnt as bad as they thought!

Mark my words!

Suzuki SV650

When the Clio Mark 2 (both phases) came out they were a really radical shape and look compared to the Clio Mark 1, I thought they were rancid, but they grew on me and now I love the look of them, same with the Megane, thought the arse on it was terrible, but now Id love a Meggy RS!

Give it time, Im betting that some of you will change your minds by the time they are out and about on UK roads!

Ive been looking at Ann Wyddecombe on the telly for years and she still hasnt grown on me... The guy who designed this car clearly hates his job and was having a bad day on top of it... You wont catch me in one of those!

C4 Grand Picasso

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 28 January 2005
Am I alone in thinking it doesnt look tooooo bad?

No mate, I reckon its quite smart.

I think all this talk about its looks is a bit extreme - everyone is talking like its as ugly as the Micra its based on. Its not that bad, plus Im sure itll look better in the flesh (or is that metal).

its like the bmw 5 series. It looks hidious! but the M5 looks great. And so will the v6 version of this clio/modus/stupid looking micra.

im sure its got lots of toys and gadgets inside as standard. Id be so embarressed to drive one of these. even the 192 version. for the love of god I hope they improved the driving position

Vee dub

Hopefully be a V6, Cup or Williams to accompany my valver next (in a few years).

Prob wont be buying that!

I strangely like the back?? but not impressed with the template

Tom

Whe they announced the Micra base last year I figured it would lose the nice sharp drop at the back due to th extra length, but eeeuuuughhhh, its worse than I imagined. Its not even individual. One of the reasons I love my Clio is that it doesnt look like a Peugeot (which seem to account for about 1 in 3 cars around here). Whats with the front as well? I even like the Scenic because of the current front design.

Its made my decision on my next car easier though, second hand 182 if this new shape is out by the time I get it!