ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New and interested in 197

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
Hi all,

been looking at a 197 for a couple of years now (2 years at world series) everytime i come away from the event i really want one lol

so with world series around the corner (got tickets ect) its guaranteed i will come away wanting one for the 3rd year running :cool:

i currecntly own a 1.8 VVT (140ps) SRI Astra H 5dr (needed 5 doors for the little un)

all i need to know is what to look out for when buying one (revised parts ect), it will be used so what service intervals do i need to be aware of?

Can i get a pram and shopping in the boot (only thing that will stop me buying one)..... (maybe pics of things in boot if anyone has any?)

only colour im not interested in is silver (Nimbus i beleive) as my current car is silver...fancy the change..

What packs shall i go for? standard or cup ect.... is there really that much difference?

so unload your knowledge peeps lol, i was tempted with corsa vxr due to the power delivery but there gettting too common by me and i like to be different

thanks in advance for your time, hopefully i can join the RS franchise :cool::D:star:

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
R27 FTW. Boot is pretty spacious, but I doubt you'd get a pram and a weekly shop in there.

has anyone got a decent pic of there boot? really need to go and test drive one again

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
I'll take one later if no one else pops one in the thread before me.

cheers for that (Y)

world series will probs give me the best results but thats a good few weeks away.

black seems to be a rare colour by me, so i think im swaying in that direction :D

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
lol gotta love the colour banter :lol:

if R27 isn't in my price range then i will just go for normal 197, ideally i would like xeons. is this possible? or is it model specific?

Titanium 182
I've just spend about 2 mins trying to draw a plaster for your broken heart with my keyboard but I have failed :(

=#= + </3 = <3!

Hah

Parksey - It's ALL about the seats mate.
Recaros are epic.

Barge
:eek: Fanks Aluco.

Xenons are not standard. You may find one with them, they were an option. Check out PH/AT, etc. They seems to be selling privately from around 10k upwards. Regular 197's are cheaper, depending upon miles, reg, etc.

Titanium 182
I should buy an R27 but common sense dictates getting a £6-7k loan at 19 is irresponsible :eek:

To 182 camp I go !

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
Parksey - It's ALL about the seats mate.
Recaros are epic.

yh the recaros do look the business, maybe a standard clio 197 with recaros and xenons..... then again thats hitting R27 spec lol....

Megane R26
You know you want a black R27 :)

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
that black R27 looks the dogs danglies!

i miss the depth of a black car tbh :( silver looks clean for longer but doesn't give the wow factor when just finished

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
must say you've been great help Needster (Y)

nice shine on that, dodo juice bannana armour is said to be good on blue cars (does the arden blue VXR's up nicley)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The best colour for the R27 is Nimbus IMO, shame you don't want silver again. The red looks well, just don't think RB suits the 197's having seen a few now.

Astra H 1.8 VVT (140PS)
N00b thread posts don't count. Neither do General Chat.

new to me lol

The best colour for the R27 is Nimbus IMO, shame you don't want silver again. The red looks well, just don't think RB suits the 197's having seen a few now.

it has got that rawness to it, shame my current is silver

Barge
3rd gear has a habit of being clunky on the R27, probably the same on the regular 197. Watch out for wearing on the recaros.